Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hannibalurg

What ship line next?

What ship line next?   

99 members have voted

1. 1. What ship line do you think will be the next to be released? From the WG Q & A we know a new shipline is just around the corner.

• British Destroyers
    • French Destroyers
    • Italian Cruisers
    • Sovjet Battleships
    • Kriegsmarine Carriers
    • Royal Navy Carriers

31 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
753 posts

Do you think we get a new CV line alongside the CV Rework?

Do we get the mighty Sovjet Battleships?

What do you think we might get as the next shipline? 

[SPAM-]
Players
119 posts
9,420 battles

I think the most probable line after US Cruiser are UK Destroyers.

French ships aren't that popular to release a DD Line for now and new IJN DD might not count as a regular new line. Plus, with Haida and Cossack, we might have some clues !

Why not even a new UK Arc, in the style of the US one.

What next... Still no info on carrier rework, so I might expect VMF BB next, then RM cruisers.

[BYOB]
Players
3,071 posts
11,037 battles

We are going to get Russian BBs whether we want it or not. Paper only from T5 up.

It's not that we need them, but that's what's most likely coming. because it's still World of Battlesheep.

Players
577 posts
4,698 battles

A while back in the news thread they stated that after the US cruiser split the roadmap had RN DDs for the summer, then either Italian CAs or RU BBs for winter or early 2019, can't remember which.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,069 posts
5,839 battles

I recall reading that UK DDs were next too; I can't imagine there is the slightest chance we won't get (largely fictitious) Russian BBs fairly soon too - Russian Short-Man syndrome pretty much requires it...

• Funny 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,071 posts
11,037 battles
6 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I recall reading that UK DDs were next too; I can't imagine there is the slightest chance we won't get (largely fictitious) Russian BBs fairly soon too - Russian Short-Man syndrome pretty much requires it...

I am a short man and I approve this message.

• Funny 1

[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,326 battles

Either a new DD line or Italian cruisers. Since we just got cruisers, my money's on RN DDs.

Players
404 posts
3,261 battles

I want to see Italian cruisers, but I guess it is more likely we'll see Russian BB's. The cynic in me says they will come with DFAA, a metric crap-ton of 37mm AA guns, cruiser dispersion and maybe radar/hydro to top it off. However, WG isn't that other Russian war game developer (where the Bussian Rias exists), so they may be a decent line. WE'll have to wait and see.

Players
345 posts
1,482 battles

Hoping for British DDs next, and hoping even harder that they don't get given some ridiculous gimmick. :Smile_sceptic: Although I'm looking forward to an Italian tech tree too.

As for glorious Soviet BBs, well, my Clemson and my Shenyang are waiting.* :Smile_izmena:

*And my Nicholas, if I feel that I've got good enough to go back to it by then.

EDIT: Just realised that the gimmick for RN DDs will likely be ripple-fire torps. As long as narrow-spread is still an option and that's the only gimmick, I'll be happy :Smile_Default:

Edited by 10ThousandThings
  • Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

As much as I want RN DDs, I just hate what new released lines do to the MM for weeks. 

It would make much more sense, if WG would release two different lines at the same time, in this case RN DDs and RM CAs. 

It would be a balancing factor and MM wouldn‘t be flooded with one class. 

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,171 posts
2,399 battles

More importantly, what will be the new lines trait?

If it's RN DD's what is going to be their playstyle?

Players
55 posts
3,792 battles

RN Destroyers - plenty of candidates to make a full tree and from a research perspective the material wouldn't be hard to find.

Bear in mind I have some degree of bias here (from a Brit's perspective) but the RN DDs racked up more than enough action / fame to be worth including ahead of branches which didn't see any action (primarily because many of them didn't exist). *Cough* Soviet DDs, CLs, BBs, *Cough*  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what WG do with the line (hopefully not too 'quirky') and am pretty sure the modellers will turn out some nice looking ships. 

After that, Italy would a sensible addition - either Cruisers or BBs. 

Soviet Battleships can perhaps arrive after they've released the 'Dutch Tugboats' line, sometime in 2030....

• Cool 1

Players
770 posts
12,253 battles
1 hour ago, 10ThousandThings said:

EDIT: Just realised that the gimmick for RN DDs will likely be ripple-fire torps. As long as narrow-spread is still an option and that's the only gimmick, I'll be happy :Smile_Default:

Those uneven spreads are going to be either a blessing or a nightmare while knife-fighting: you can more or less anticipate the gaps for dodging narrow spreads, but single torps in "random" directions... Someone with otherworldly prediction skills could even pull the stunt of "one torpedo, one kill" in close cap contesting.

Salute.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

Pretty sure its RN DDs (maybe on gamescom they will tell us more info about future lines?) but I'm hoping more for those sexy Italian cruisers, plus cruisers definitely the most fun class to play imo. Later, as said before, we might get Soviet BBs which I'm quite interested in (and don't kill me for this) because of paper designs because I like imagining how they "might have performed" IRL.

Also I think we might get those IJN T9-10 DDs inbetween RN DDs and RM CAs

Beta Tester
753 posts
4 hours ago, IamTroublemaker said:

Pretty sure its RN DDs (maybe on gamescom they will tell us more info about future lines?) but I'm hoping more for those sexy Italian cruisers, plus cruisers definitely the most fun class to play imo. Later, as said before, we might get Soviet BBs which I'm quite interested in (and don't kill me for this) because of paper designs because I like imagining how they "might have performed" IRL.

Also I think we might get those IJN T9-10 DDs inbetween RN DDs and RM CAs

Can a shipline come before the allready announced IJN DD's?

Thought it was announced - tested - tested with adjustments - released? Or am i wrong? 

Players
1,583 posts
6,242 battles

Czech River Patrol Boats

Who cares, the lines released ain't 100% balanced yet and you want new stuff???

• Boring 1

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
369 posts
7,278 battles

I don't think there are even enough candidates for a KM CV line, other than GZ and Seydlits what is there really?

[FAILS]
Players
87 posts
12,735 battles

I sincerely hope that we will get lines where at least half of the tech tree can be ships that actually existed before we get any Russian BBs. That would be UK DDs and CVs, Italian CL/CAs, BBs and DDs, French DDs. No sooner than that do I want to see any new Russian BB.

My guess for the next tech tree line would be UK DDs.

[ETD5]
Players
268 posts
1,602 battles

As far as I'm able to remember, I think that WG stated that next line will be UK destroyers.

Beta Tester
753 posts
10 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

Czech River Patrol Boats

Who cares, the lines released ain't 100% balanced yet and you want new stuff???

Shiplines that was in the game upon it's release is not even 100% balanaced, balancing the game is a neverending task. So if you are hoping for 100% balance, i would't hold my breath. 

Sign in to follow this