You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jack_Sparrow123

127mm secondaries of Republic with IFHE

13 comments in this topic

Players
153 posts
12,251 battles

can actually pen 27mm deck armor of cruisers?

Just asking if I calculate it ok:      127/6*1.3 = 27.516666..667 rounded it is 28 so it can pen max 27mm ???

Is it IFHE overall worth it for Republic?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,722 posts
19,817 battles

short (imo!): nope!

did try quite some different builds on it on arrival ("hell, woat is dat thingie?!?!" :Smile_veryhappy:), ifhe in several variants as well. my build in the end went better without it, as sec range of 12.1km + concealment of 13.5km turned out to be the best mix 4 me. can't go with ifhe then. results also felt way better without it, those secs are fine to wreck dd's and set fires, almost like crazy lol.

ifhe is GK's and stays so 4 me.

• Cool 1

Players
2,231 posts
8,076 battles
24 minutos antes, Jack_Sparrow123 dijo:

I run partial secondary build (AFT-Manual-Secondary range mod) and I think that with the RoF and fire chance of the french secondaries is not worth as a direct damage dealer (even then, at the extreme ranges you are firing your secondaries most of the time, you are mostly hitting superestructures, dealing damage in the process) but as fire starters (then IFHE can be detrimental). Also, the 4 points needed for IFHE go for the more useful concealment expert

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,384 battles

Still at the Richelieu myself but , in general, 4 points for me is a lot to invest for that particular skill in a BB captain.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
964 posts
12,813 battles

Im running full secondary on my Repu and i net about 30-50k secondary dmg alone per game. Quite significant imo and a huge deterrent against crusiers and dd's.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,564 posts
6,266 battles
9 hours ago, Jack_Sparrow123 said:

lol GK 4% and Rep 9% fire chance   ok ok no questions

Well GK can pen 31 mm of armor without IFHE, and 41 mm with it. So the raw damage is certainly something.

Players
2,188 posts
3,836 battles
On 6/19/2018 at 12:31 PM, Jack_Sparrow123 said:

can actually pen 27mm deck armor of cruisers?

Just asking if I calculate it ok:      127/6*1.3 = 27.516666..667 rounded it is 28 so it can pen max 27mm ???

From a friend who test this ship with IFHE I hard - no. Because this ship already have great secondary power.

Beta Tester
2,658 posts
10,275 battles

IFHE-Republique can rack up serious amounts of damage, especially against Cruisers. But is it worth it?

To me it feels like Republique should stay at medium range, since it is actually quite accurate and not super tanky.

Alsace on the other hand profits a lot from getting those 12 inaccurate guns closer to their target.

While the 100mm shells on Alsace still lack with IFHE (not worth 4p), Alsace actually has almost twice the rate of fire on its secondaries overall, compared to Republique or Bismarck. 

So it is a great fire-starter and perfect for missions that require many hits.

[O-S-W]
Players
494 posts
14,326 battles

i dont have this skill (IFHE ) on republic.

show me the configuration how to have secondaries + IFHE.

thx