Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

How is your campaign "Hit Hard! Hit Fast! Hit Often!" for Admiral William Halsey coming along?

95 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,679 posts
11,301 battles

Hi all,

How is your campaign "Hit Hard! Hit Fast! Hit Often!" for Admiral William Halsey coming along?

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

I managed to finish the 1st and 2nd mission/stage so far using slowest possible method of 1 + 1 + 1 + ... star (i.e. rinse and repeat)...

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

It's so dumb that I couldn't be bothered to set any of the tasks, hence - not even started :Smile-_tongue:

Maybe I will if I get some random 1 day of Premium or one of the two slooow tasks from finished campaigns that I'm on ends up completed.

[JRM]
Players
3,078 posts
18,357 battles

Im on stage 3 i dont remember exactly witch missions i finished and witch not but its a mix of repeating and playing one by one for the loot and faster progress depending how hard the objective looks Like to me

Players
705 posts
8,869 battles

Im still stuck on the first, but i havent played a lot. Im sort of doing the same, although i got 2 other missions aswell. 
Id also advise you (and anyone else) to wait with collecting the supercontainers till after update 0.7.6, since they can then include coal & steel. Valuable resources IMO. 

For me its not very important to get the cap quickly, a 15 point loses its charm at a certain point & i dont have 1M comm XP around

[SCRUB]
Players
5,569 posts
11,282 battles

Nearly finished stage 3, but didn't play for a week, almost.

Considering that I played several matches while having tasks selected that didn't actually progress (cruiser/carrier missions that actually only work for carriers),

I'm satisfied with the progress rate.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,842 posts
4,770 battles

I've been spam-grinding some high tier cruisers so I've managed... Most of the first mission. Not even attempting the 3-star tasks but managed all the 1-star and most of the 2-stars. Just repeating a 1-star now while hoping I get lucky with one of the harder 2-stars (150k damage in a cruiser is do-able, might take a carrier if I get desperate).

It's going to be a long and slow grind but I'm not in a rush or doing it specifically, just lucky it's matching the ships I'm playing at the moment.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,642 posts

I haven't started yet, and I doubt I will in the (near) future. I just finished the Yamamoto-campaign days before Halsey went live, so I'm decompressing a bit from high-tier prestation-driven gameplay. Requirements seem fairly steep, so I'll also have to revert to the 1+1+1+1+1 method.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,427 battles

I have 2 stars gathered on the 3rd leg of the campaign.

In the first two I took the cpt xp and credit farming missions more than once since some of the multistars were situational, hard to achieve by casual play or destroyed chances to win.

1 of the SC had a spoter plane upgrade (my 7th or something... :fish_nerv:) but ,apart from that, all good.

Beta Tester
2,448 posts
6,683 battles

Need one more star to unlock the final task on the first stage, so yeah almost done :Smile_veryhappy:

(didnt get to play mutch last few weeks) :Smile_honoring:

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,321 posts
8,597 battles

Finished stage two. Been doing the one star credit+commander XP missions. Going very slowly though, haven't really wanted to play last weeks.

[TIPC]
Players
284 posts
12,611 battles

Stage 3

(took bunch of quest few days ago,not even remember what to do or ship to use to complete them,will got them eventualy anyway:)

• Funny 1

Players
1,331 posts
10,612 battles

On the last stage, no real urgency now that I got all SCs (not that it was anything to write home about) I don't even have a ship for Halsey at the moment but hey ho.

I mostly repeated one star missions (XP, Captain XP) and a few of the kill one japanese or german ship + victory ones, or the get 2 heroic achievements in a match.

Got stuck pretty bad on the inflict 500k damage on german ships + victory + ON IX-X cruisers (I sold the Baltimore now Buffalo) and was tempted to cancel it. I'd normally play 12 matches with 12 different ships rather than having to stick to a couple, so sick of Des Moines now!

[OCTO]
Players
1,005 posts
19,498 battles

Almost done Stage 3 by doing 1 or 2 star tasks.

By far the easiest one to farm is 1,250,000 potential damage in a cruiser (as long as you use something tanky - say Kronsthadt or Moskva) - you don't even need to survive. It is hilarious to often see BBs behind you as you tank - but that is an average BB player.... 

[JRM]
Players
3,078 posts
18,357 battles
20 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Midway Full strike wave :cap_haloween:

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

I managed to finish the 1st and 2nd mission/stage so far using slowest possible method of 1 + 1 + 1 + ... star (i.e. rinse and repeat)...

I assume your first +1 stars are from commander EXP and credit farm but what is 3rd star?

My progress was going faste enough for first 2 stages, then I sudenly stop at 3rd and in the last 7 days I got only 1 star.

I lost the mood for this grind because you can smell how harder it gets with every stage.

Yamamoto was much easier then this..

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
47 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

i got halsey ages ago. about a week after the even started.

i got it week before it started :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[AONO]
Players
137 posts
11,141 battles

Completed last Friday.

Gosh, I hated that one. I'm a huge fan of Des Moines, but It's not easy to progress if you don't spam her only.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,634 posts
12,388 battles

Stage 4; 2 stars from final task.

The "500k damage on German ships" and "500k damage on Japanese ships" with T9+ USN CAs was a pita though

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Its not, not interested in playing high tier at all.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,441 posts
8,905 battles

I haven't looked at it yet - the end reward isn't interesting enough for me to drop everything and focus on high tier ships.

I'm still making my way slowly through the second campaign - the T6 Japanese DD at the end is a far more interesting reward for me...

Players
2,564 posts
15,503 battles

I need another captain like I need more camo or signals.

Grinding more equipment or captains is a poor excuse for high tier content.