Sign in to follow this  
Maskofs

honor system

10 comments in this topic

[-ENF-]
Players
8 posts
3,464 battles

Hey everyone, i just asked my self why wows didn't have a honor system that can help others to approve their selfs in game and have  a little gift for that effort ,like winning ( smoke , flags, repair , ects .... ) 
 the idea is not hard 
1) did a great battle 
2) have honors by others in game 
3)  win a  extras thing

[AKI]
Players
78 posts
14,652 battles

Well, currently you can get compliments from others. Altho you'd need to prove yourselfs a lot to get one (or a friendly/enemy being in a good mood and gives one for you just because he can).

But then again, you can get reported aswell (because you played well or because some salty player reported you for no know reason other than him being a salty cracker).

Curently, there are no realy benifits other then being able to give more reports/compliments the higher your karma (honour) rate.

Tho legend says the higher your karma , the higher your chances on SC are c:

[SKIDZ]
Beta Tester
170 posts
6,484 battles

Any honor system in Wargaming games is liable to abuse because they are filled with morons.  Only the other day I had some idiot asking everyone to report me simply because I wasn't playing the game the way he wanted me to play.  He was trying to blame me as the reason why we lost that particular game, despite there being more than half of the team who finished lower than me on the results table.

People seem to be a lot keener on throwing insults around than they do on complimenting each other, so I imagine any sort of rewards would be few and far between if you are relying on the goodwill of others to achieve them.

Beta Tester
1,843 posts
2,580 battles

Not to mention they'd make sure to have their friends throwing a compliment their way every time they feel they've earned it..

[AS13]
Players
1,847 posts
2,021 battles
On 21-6-2018 at 8:53 AM, Scarebird said:

Any honor system in Wargaming games is liable to abuse because they are filled with morons.  Only the other day I had some idiot asking everyone to report me simply because I wasn't playing the game the way he wanted me to play.  He was trying to blame me as the reason why we lost that particular game, despite there being more than half of the team who finished lower than me on the results table.

People seem to be a lot keener on throwing insults around than they do on complimenting each other, so I imagine any sort of rewards would be few and far between if you are relying on the goodwill of others to achieve them.

Yeah I know that kind, they are the schoolyard bullyboys. Sometimes I am tempted to play a few pinky games because of those morons.

Probably you also know the type "I NEED HELP I NEED HELP" at start of game, and then you look around and find it is a cruiser that hasn't moved yet.

And I bet if you follow him in your BB or DD, he will lead you into a bad situation, and just leave you there to get finished. Been there... :cap_fainting:

But a note here: "... more than half of the team who finished lower than me.." does not automatically make you good.

It might mean you were an egoist, or very lucky, or whatever. Those "I NEED HELP' guys usually finish above 50% as well. :cap_money:

[SKIDZ]
Beta Tester
170 posts
6,484 battles

I agree about where you finish in the table.  Whilst I admit I didn't have the best of games in that particular match, I wasn't the author of our team's defeat.  I wasn't trying to say that I was good, merely that I contributed as much as most of the players on our team in that particular battle.

[AS13]
Players
1,847 posts
2,021 battles
5 hours ago, Scarebird said:

I agree about where you finish in the table.  Whilst I admit I didn't have the best of games in that particular match, I wasn't the author of our team's defeat.  I wasn't trying to say that I was good, merely that I contributed as much as most of the players on our team in that particular battle.

The fact that you understand what I mean, says it is likely you are not 'one of those @@#%@#".

Because they will say "I am higer in score than you so I must be the better player' so I am right".

While in this game, it is often better to be lucky and dumb , than unlucky and smart. 

Indeed it is a measuring fo the contributuion and division of points, I'd not be in favour of a merit system either.

What is now is OK, a simple 'thumbs up' or down. I know some are pretty pleased iof they get a thumbs up. 

Players
301 posts
730 battles

better to be lucky and dumb , than unlucky and smart. 

*just got hit in the citadel serveral times though the bow/deck in a fuso, while my brother keeps evading shots, getting away with point blank duels in what is effectively a floating citadel that is the ohamha*

(That said, my brother is not dumb, he knows when to run and not show broadside as well)

[AS13]
Players
1,847 posts
2,021 battles
On 3-7-2018 at 10:46 AM, howardxu_23 said:

*just got hit in the citadel serveral times though the bow/deck in a fuso, while my brother keeps evading shots, getting away with point blank duels in what is effectively a floating citadel that is the ohamha*

(That said, my brother is not dumb, he knows when to run and not show broadside as well)

Oh, I play the RN cruisers, sometimes I spammed torps around, while I was enclosed by DDs. 

I killed 3, then shot another one. And lived (in Emerald). Was detected by their BBHs, survived that too. 

Torped one BB. Got 'kraken'. 

Next game, I was detected a 30secs after start. Ran away behind a mountain, got deleted. 

Players
301 posts
730 battles

I say on a more consistent level, I can predict that I can get hit in the citadel in the oddest place possible once every 3-5 games or so, or have ammo detonate on me after a torp hit on a bow every now and then, while my brother can go point blank with a bb with the floating citadel and still somehow the bb would miss his citadel, before He shoves a volley of torps up the bb’s stern.

not sure what he would make of the Pepsi can(Pensacola) though, if a 263m Yamato can be seen from the next continent, the 178.5m pespi can be seen from the next continent’ beach(cause logic), and has no torps, bb esq turret turn speed. Oh, and according to peeps here, also a floating citadel, probably worse cause she can be facing amagi’s glorious 12x410mm shell

Sign in to follow this