Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

It would be nice if the CC comunity spent more time in lower and mid tiers

46 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
1,531 posts
6,214 battles

So, I'm eager to the roof for Dallas and Helena.

WG could release them ASAP but no, apparently for reasons already explained to me they didn't, but came on WG, why this stupid delay.

I'm minus one ship and have a turd surplus in t6. And I need more cls at t7.

This bring me to another mater.

CCs are mainly in high tiers, they discard the t4/t6 bracket often as well t7. Yes they got some videos but they are not very or as much as others ones.

If they were reporters they would be weak ones.

the newest NO videos has 8 month to a year old

this mater it's bigger, I couldn't believe how scarce are the info about Dallas or Helena.

Mostly small CCs (no problem there) but scarce info nonetheless.

Only a handful of videos, half of them about stats.

Is there any low tier/mid tier dedicated CC? Or something like that?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[OCTO]
Players
626 posts
15,105 battles

Agreed, there are some nice ships from T III - T VI and they never get any attention. WG, how about some missions  or scenarios for these ships only?

• Funny 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,938 posts
22,457 battles

Kind of agree, many of the mid and low tier ships are the most fun to play as the game meta without radars is much more fun to play in my opinion. 

I know that there are a few like Whiskeys gaming lounge that have long series of gaming guides to nearly all the lines, recommended:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxCRnJcVb_CGvKHAOsHNd2g/playlists

Flamu has made a small number of guides for lower tier ships but as you say they are few.

Among the new US line I personally look forward to the Helena at T7, Cleveland at T8 behind the island caping style is boring (and I play like ShXXXX) and not fun at maps like Okinawa that you are just XP -fodder for the T10 ships. The proliferation of radars and the associated playstyle with DM and Worcester that I expect is simply not fun. Even though the sniping kiting style of f.e. Zao or close AP volley from stealth is also somewhat onedimensional I prefer that. No, I have more fun in the midtiers. 

Perhaps more content in a positive way can make the players feel that the top tiers are their only goal, often FreeXPing the ships. 

As a collector gamer I want to experience evey ship myself, before I judge them as many are fun, but many player (CCs) almost  frown on playing low/midtiers. Some mid/low tiers are bad but many scales a lot with good captains. I am present making a large effort on grinding 10 points captains, on every ship T2 and above that I own, and I have rediscovered many, Izyaslav f.e. with CE is really fun.

I in fact enjoy T4 more than T5 due to MM. 

[GOON]
Alpha Tester
341 posts
5,984 battles

Considering how the game has recently developed and the radar hell of T7-10, the lower tiers are currently a lot more enjoyable to play. I really wish that combat missions and campaigns would also allow ships of lower tiers.

• Cool 4

Players
930 posts
8,464 battles

I still retain most of my lower Tier ships from T2-T6 and play them frequently when T10 gets...well you know... too intense..

Missions and challenges all seem to come in at T5 so I would welcome missions and challenges for lower tiers too.

Players
1,019 posts
5,448 battles

Totally agree on the lower tier ships CC content part.

More gameplays, more guids and more love in general for those tiers would be much appreciated.

From the relevant CCs I think only Fara made a really great and complex guids for low tier ships, in his case carriers.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,233 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Mr_Snoww sagte:

they come out this thursday anyway

source?

- the PTS is still online today

- in the last WG stream the update was said to come end of the month

- the June calender shows a cherry blossom special beginning next week

>> imho it is very likely that the update will come next week

[5D]
Players
474 posts
20,534 battles
8 minutes ago, Bismark_ohne_Zeh said:

source?

- the PTS is still online today

- in the last WG stream the update was said to come end of the month

- the June calender shows a cherry blossom special beginning next week

>> imho it is very likely that the update will come next week

They very rarely wait an entire week after the 2nd public test ends to release the update. Its usually the Wednesday and Thursday after it ends

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,378 battles
6 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

I'm minus one ship and have a turd surplus in t6

I don't understand this .. you shouldn't have lost a ship ?

[CRU_]
Players
144 posts
5,552 battles

It is a real shame that a lot of players myself included, boost through the lower tiers. Ship lines for me start at 5,  and 6 is the best damn tier in the game. WG are in a bit of a pickle though, as lower tiers are heavily populated with new players, and you really don't want OMNI/WG2PW sharks swimming in those waters. It's a hard circle to square. The learning curve in this game is pretty steep, and how long you have been playing the game is a big factor in that.

• Cool 1

[BOBS]
Community Contributor
152 posts
12,903 battles

I promise that I will do. Fresh CC here.

• Cool 4

[WGP2W]
Players
1,418 posts
9,931 battles
34 minutes ago, zengaze said:

It is a real shame that a lot of players myself included, boost through the lower tiers. Ship lines for me start at 5,  and 6 is the best damn tier in the game. WG are in a bit of a pickle though, as lower tiers are heavily populated with new players, and you really don't want OMNI/WG2PW sharks swimming in those waters. It's a hard circle to square. The learning curve in this game is pretty steep, and how long you have been playing the game is a big factor in that.

I would be much more worried about some other clans :D

[-NFG-]
[-NFG-]
Players
96 posts
4,890 battles
2 hours ago, lup3s said:

I don't understand this .. you shouldn't have lost a ship ?

I think he simply means he no longer has a US CL at T6.   Yes it's sitting in port at T8 and yes Pensa is T6 now but clearly he likes CLs and likes T6, so he's missing his old Cleveland.

• Cool 1

[SNI]
Players
476 posts
8,123 battles

My vast majority of games sits in the T5 - T8 bracket, T7 being the most played of them all.

There are mainly 2 reason for this:

Less paper ships, and most of the relevant WW1 / WW2 ships sit at those tier.

Less radars.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,378 battles
2 hours ago, Xanta99 said:

I think he simply means he no longer has a US CL at T6.   Yes it's sitting in port at T8 and yes Pensa is T6 now but clearly he likes CLs and likes T6, so he's missing his old Cleveland.

Ah I see :Smile_Default: Pensacola isn't so bad though at T6 .. 10x 203mm American AP :Smile_playing:

[ALONE]
Players
1,340 posts
10,792 battles
1 hour ago, lup3s said:

Ah I see :Smile_Default: Pensacola isn't so bad though at T6 .. 10x 203mm American AP :Smile_playing:

But T6 is practically never top tier - and quite often a few T6 ships are just cannon fodder in fully T7-T8 games. :cap_fainting:

Whole this thread should be named "It would be nice if WG encouraged players to spend more time in lower and mid-tiers". By making matchmaking fair in those tiers too, for starters.

So far it is just grind & pay carrot + stick lemming run towards T10. :cap_old:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
753 posts

Lower tiers are less enjoyable for me to play and extremely boring to watch. Warships is a rather slow paced game, even at Tier X. At lower tiers it is even slower, longer reloadspeed. Slower rudder, slower speed. To me, that makes the game increasingly boring to watch and play. 

I like tier 8 and tier 10. To me the rest is meh, i just want to grind out of there. 

[ALONE]
Players
1,340 posts
10,792 battles
6 hours ago, zengaze said:

All tiers are now full of potatoes, and only at night it somewhat clears out. And "sharks" murdering them are a problem at T7-T10 as well. Just the whole balancing is out of control in this game. And even more at higher tiers, because unicum synergizing division is godly powerful for not only a potatoe, but even for an average Steve. On the other end of the tier scale, in comparison, if you put 3 unicums in a tier 1 battle, they don't have so clear advantage. Just 2 Steves in Hermelins can outgun any unicum because he has so little gimmicks to use ;)

This game desperately needs fair MM in all tiers, and needs MM to also (roughly) balance single CV/DD and triple divisions skill in both teams.

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,340 posts
10,792 battles
7 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

At lower tiers it is even slower, longer reloadspeed. Slower rudder, slower speed.

Smaller maps, less gimmicks, less camping. T5-T7 games are much much much faster than T10 ;)

Beta Tester
753 posts
8 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

Smaller maps, less gimmicks, less camping. T5-T7 games are much much much faster than T10 ;)

Less Gimmicks? 3 Belfast Divisions, or some Kirov love Enjoy the tiers, i prefer to use all EXP modifiers throught 5-7.

8 is usually the first enjoyable tier. Even though i love DDs at T4. 

[JRM]
Players
939 posts
13,398 battles

Idk for me personnaly - tiers 6-7 can be wery fun and engaging when u re single/top tier, or at least not bottom tier since there is a significant boost for all classes with the stealth upgrade on top of the increase in raw firepower and survivability and hangar capacity and higher tiered planes for cvs i even really like ranked in those tiers since there is bunch of ships there to choose from and they are reasonably Balanced and different from each other (ok payfast truds t7 a bit) and its overall good Experience.

tier 5 is fun in some ships if the same conditions are met but some are just weak and obsolete designs compared to others and lack of alt attacks for cvs is frustrating since you are both wery dependent on help to gain air dominance and lomited in your striking options espetially when uptiered as a cv, even more so in a dual cv 5/6 match.

tiers 4 and lower dont hold much interest for me i Go there from time to time when i feel the Desire to take out ishizuchi or some other low tier (usually prem) ship for a spin, espetially since u can’t do most of the week/periodic missions in less then t5 or 6

hightiers have special appeal to me since i Play mostly cruisers lately and at t9/10 all of them have heals and that makes life as a cruiser much easyer even with those insane bbs at those tiers

ofc Everybody has their own oppinion and fav tiers and every right to Play there to hearts desire

[ALONE]
Players
1,340 posts
10,792 battles
1 hour ago, Hannibalurg said:

Less Gimmicks?

Less than in T8-T10, for sure.

3 Belfast Divisions, or some Kirov love Enjoy the tiers, i prefer to use all EXP modifiers throught 5-7.

Triple divisions are problem on all tiers, and I don't remember ever meeting 3 Belfasts in 1 team. But sure, Belfast/Atlanta + CV + smoking DD is much worse, although still rare. In T10 games at night you have unicum syngergizing division in every second game. 

8 is usually the first enjoyable tier. Even though i love DDs at T4. 

Wut? You must play DD or BB mainly, I can't check because you're "not proud of your stats" ;)

Players
2,339 posts
6,647 battles
15 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

So, I'm eager to the roof for Dallas and Helena.

WG could release them ASAP but no, apparently for reasons already explained to me they didn't, but came on WG, why this stupid delay.

I'm minus one ship and have a turd surplus in t6. And I need more cls at t7.

This bring me to another mater.

CCs are mainly in high tiers, they discard the t4/t6 bracket often as well t7. Yes they got some videos but they are not very or as much as others ones.

If they were reporters they would be weak ones.

the newest NO videos has 8 month to a year old

this mater it's bigger, I couldn't believe how scarce are the info about Dallas or Helena.

Mostly small CCs (no problem there) but scarce info nonetheless.

Only a handful of videos, half of them about stats.

Is there any low tier/mid tier dedicated CC? Or something like that?

The thing is that ever since the split was starting to become imminent, I even had trouble finding out which temporary name the NO at tier 7 had, and there was nothing to see. It was all Wooster, the new premiums and perhaps the new Cleveland. Nothing at all about NO at tier 7 (also not what was gonna happen with its anniversary camo for months! Till after the permacamos had been 50% discounted and I had decided to not buy it due to lack of relevant information).

I had also been looking at Ishizuchi and I found one by Notser from 2016 :Smile_teethhappy:

Though to be fair, I also had some trouble finding good more recent reviews of Lion (tier 9 Brit BB) and due to the wiki page about Lion being written in a weird way (about the animal) I resorted to using google translate on the Russian page :Smile_sceptic:

The less popular ships are a bit underexposed I think.

And Dallas and its tier 7 sister? I have no idea what it's gonna be like so I'm undecided on what to do with my former Cleveland captain ...