You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheRockSA

Why is there a limitation on the number of economy and special signals you can mount on your ship ?

10 comments in this topic

[SSA]
Players
10 posts
4,869 battles

Captains !

Can someone please explain to me why do economy and special signals have a restriction ?

I mean, I understand that combat signals should be limited for balancing reasons, but why should signals that only affect your game progression be limited as well ?

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,894 posts
8,992 battles
4 minutes ago, TheRockSA said:

Captains !

Can someone please explain to me why do economy and special signals have a restriction ?

I mean, I understand that combat signals should be limited for balancing reasons, but why should signals that only affect your game progression be limited as well ?

They're not limited if you use your credit card.   That is the answer to everything WG.

[SSA]
Players
10 posts
4,869 battles
12 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

They're not limited if you use your credit card.   That is the answer to everything WG.

Will this be considered Pay2Win or Pay2Progress ? :Smile_amazed:

Players
2,052 posts
10,940 battles
16 minutes ago, TheRockSA said:

There you go. TBF this is a free to play game that is pretty active in terms of content. Money has to come from somewhere to feed the staff and server hamsters. Won't want an uprising do we :Smile_trollface:

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
1 hour ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

I think he meant the limit of 8 signals per ship per match.

1 hour ago, TheRockSA said:

Captains !

Well, wouldn't the most obvious answer be "not enough place on the rigging"? I mean, when you mount 8 signals, the ship already looks like a christmas tree. They could perhaps increase the limit, but the very existence of a limit is a given. There are currently 22 types of signals in the game.

This is a ship with 8 signals

ca22bb54-346a-11e5-b62e-ac162d8bc1e4_120

Imagine one with almost three times as many AND with four flags (the national flag, two commemorative + super-special-captain-onboard flag) on top of that. With that much fabric you might sew it all together and participate in tall ship races...

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,728 posts
27,960 battles

Or just like every other thing in life. You can't get it all so you have to choose. And balance.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,894 posts
8,992 battles
5 hours ago, TheRockSA said:

Bit of both I guess, since some people who play without premium time or ships might find that using Zulu flags to boost income is the only way to afford premium consumables.   I don't know how tight things get TBH as I always run premium time and I play a good proportion of my battles in premium ships., so credits are never an issue fr me.

I have run out of Equal Speed Charlie London flags and bought some before now.  That is pay to progress for sure.

[SSA]
Players
10 posts
4,869 battles
9 hours ago, eliastion said:

I think he meant the limit of 8 signals per ship per match.

Well, wouldn't the most obvious answer be "not enough place on the rigging"? I mean, when you mount 8 signals, the ship already looks like a christmas tree. They could perhaps increase the limit, but the very existence of a limit is a given. There are currently 22 types of signals in the game.

This is a ship with 8 signals

ca22bb54-346a-11e5-b62e-ac162d8bc1e4_120

Imagine one with almost three times as many AND with four flags (the national flag, two commemorative + super-special-captain-onboard flag) on top of that. With that much fabric you might sew it all together and participate in tall ship races...

Two easy ways WG can fix this. Make all signals smaller, or replace the signals that has 2 or 3 different pieces like Juliet Yankee Bissotwo with a single piece ( or just delete this useless signal) 

Honestly, I myself would rather sail around with a Christmas  tree on my ship then mount some of these ugly camos in game. :Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Tester
861 posts
11 hours ago, TheRockSA said:

WoWs is not p2w, thank god we don't have WoT Shells. 

But it let's you pay to increase progress rate. But a potato in a Tier X ship, is still a Potato. 

Players
707 posts
10,073 battles

I'm only puzzled about one thing: Carrier players have to decide whether they want to go for some RNG bribe (increased chance for flooding and fires, AA damage per second) or for economy signals to speed up the grind because carriers can only mount 4 signals while every other ship type can mount up to 8. 8 signals are more than enough to combine eco and performance signals, while 4 just aren't.

Why is that?