You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DB2212

World of Lemmings

51 comments in this topic

Players
542 posts
5,482 battles

Is it just me, or has there been a very recent increase in lemming trains?

It's becoming as stupid as WoT with the near endless rush to one side.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[CRU_]
Players
144 posts
5,648 battles

I'm not a religious person, but i always found a prayer that sat in a glass case on my grandmother's mantelpiece to serve well as an attitude to life:

God, give me grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.

• Cool 6

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,239 battles
40 minutes ago, DB2212 said:

Go the other way then.  Good luck as you run into the enemy LT coming that way.

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles
6 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Unless you're a torpedo DD ..

TRB Shiratsuyu, TRB Yuugumo, Shimakaze, Asashio, even Fletcher or Gearing .. fun times :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[CRU_]
Players
144 posts
5,648 battles
3 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Unless you're a torpedo DD ..

TRB Shiratsuyu, TRB Yuugumo, Shimakaze, Asashio, even Fletcher or Gearing .. fun times :Smile_trollface:

That is DD heaven, the only thing that is better is getting the broadside of a clump of stationary BBs.

Players
1,583 posts
6,243 battles

Most people feel save in groups, because the probability that them Radar Cruiser shoot other people is higher.

• Boring 1

[BOATY]
Players
550 posts
8,583 battles
7 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

I usually do that and trying to survive as long as possible and slow the enemy LT, thus ensure success of my team's LT but reduce my survivability stats. Usually if LT is nit combined with reach safe zone and camp, this approach works. 

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,405 posts
14,381 battles

Happens all too often... I found myself facing the question "Do we go A or D" in 2 Brothers Map (strangely I spent nearly half the weekend on that same effin' map, Ad Nauseam) several times last weekend. Of course I suggested we do both, but not always successfully. Though it must be said, that we mostly won when we did go equally for both caps. Lemmingtrain then? Well it did work, but only once or twice, when the enemy was even more incompetent than we were. :cap_hmm:

Of course, it also turned out that I was be a complete Noob for even daring to suggest such an outrage (that we contest both) - Oh well, that can't be helped I guess. But overall it was not too shabby a weekend for me anyways so nevermind then. I still have a lot to learn apparently.  :Smile_Default::Smile_great:

baby-1.jpg.946c5af870741469de4ea17862c2d314.jpg

There was 1 hilarious game (which we lost in the end) in which I capped every one of the 4 caps once during the game and the B-cap twice. While our respective lemmings were racing in a circle around the 2 main islands chasing each other. Somehow, we managed to lose it even while we had more ships, simply because the enemy DD was quicker than me and so managed to re-cap faster than me (was in Fubuki at the time and the enemy had a Russki DD so I decided to avoid a gunnery duel), both sides had 2 DD's in the beginning but lost 1 each quite early on. Also the rest of their team, slowing our Lemmings down were way more effective than we were at defending any of the caps we had just taken (because we didn't)... :Smile_facepalm:

Was so frustrated I couldn't decide whether to bang my head on the wall or die laughing. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,305 posts
9,548 battles

Overall I found the gameplay quality to have taken a noticable dip from the usual (which wasn't particularily good to begin with, but whatever) ever since roughly two weeks ago.

I've seen a couple more lemmingtrains than usual during that time, but what stuck with me most is the sheer amount of landslide victories where one team just utterly crumbles at the first contact and then just appears to be doing whatever they can to ensure their defeat (mostly just running away from the objectives back into their spawn and beyond).

Definately not fun to play regardless on what team MM put you. Losing team is obviously insanely frustrating, especially if you still try to win somehow but everyone else just leaves you completely alone, winning team isn't much better because you have to race your team and play extremely recklessly just to do some damage and thus get some XP and credits out of the game because the enemy just loses so hard there's no time for a proper rewarding fight.

Maybe I'm just really, really unlucky with MM but I found that the number of actually enjoyable, balanced fighting matches has gone down significantly.

Not that this wasn't a trend already for a loooong time now, but the recent dip seemed noticable.

• Cool 9

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,980 posts
8,609 battles

Hi all,

7 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Overall I found the gameplay quality to have taken a noticable dip from the usual (which wasn't particularily good to begin with, but whatever) ever since roughly two weeks ago.

I've seen a couple more lemmingtrains than usual during that time, but what stuck with me most is the sheer amount of landslide victories where one team just utterly crumbles at the first contact and then just appears to be doing whatever they can to ensure their defeat (mostly just running away from the objectives back into their spawn and beyond).

Definately not fun to play regardless on what team MM put you. Losing team is obviously insanely frustrating, especially if you still try to win somehow but everyone else just leaves you completely alone, winning team isn't much better because you have to race your team and play extremely recklessly just to do some damage and thus get some XP and credits out of the game because the enemy just loses so hard there's no time for a proper rewarding fight.

Maybe I'm just really, really unlucky with MM but I found that the number of actually enjoyable, balanced fighting matches has gone down significantly.

Not that this wasn't a trend already for a loooong time now, but the recent dip seemed noticable.

This is also my experience as of late (i.e. it got even worse than what we got accustomed for)...

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

If you check the stats via most excellent MxStat program afterwards it usually shows that losing team was bad beyond anything imaginable...

https://wows.mv-smirnov.org/en/mxstat/

0ecd1d2da803a1cf0609741f532e5722.png

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,405 posts
14,381 battles

Hhehehe! Yeah  @Aotearas I do remember 1 game in particular, where I was dodging and weaving like crazy about 6 or 7 minutes into the game and I somehow got the impression that the enemy fire was even heavier than usual, when everyone and their dog and Granma + half the galaxy is shooting at you (just because everyone really, really loves Mogami - I guess). So I was agonizing and remember yelling: "Dammit, don't they have ANYONE else to shoot at ?"... :etc_swear:

Well, it turns out they didn't, somehow amid all the ongoing panic I had missed the ominous "You are our last hope"-notification. I have no idea what had happened, but suddenly the entire team had just melted. :cap_wander_2: Mercifully the game ended soon after, when they got their points full and somehow I survived (was within an inch or just a half but it all counts). :cap_like:

Kinda like a perverted version of Powerpuff Girls, the movie where we got only the "Puff" while they gots all the power.:Smile_ohmy:

poof.jpg.4caba94999a37b17b567bed6a90d4ff6.jpgpuff.jpg.bb7d9c43ea444768ba0bd1e2029cec8e.jpg

Sorry for the mental image guys, but we got my niece's baby daughter on loan so I get to watch unexpectedly lot of that crap...:Smile_child:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[ONIX]
Players
1,087 posts
9,032 battles

I've been away from the game a couple of months, can't say I've found any dip in gameplay quality (or lack thereof more like)

Bit of a nightmare for DDs at the moment what with the US Halsey campaign/US cruiser thing going on (guilty as charged there I must admit)

And no more lemmings trains than usual IMO.

I was part of one glorious LT yesterday (in Montana), whole team in Ocean doing the merry go round (we barely managed to cap C on the way, just), everybody trying their best not to be the prime target for the enemy team. Until I decided it was getting boring and pretty silly so I offered myself as the next target. We won.

• Cool 2

Players
1,510 posts
10,542 battles
13 hours ago, DB2212 said:

As someone pointed out to me yesterday...Summer holidays have started?

[ONE2]
Players
2,405 posts
14,381 battles
2 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

As someone pointed out to me yesterday...Summer holidays have started?

Oh damn, you're right....:cap_wander:So they did - Totally forgot that. :Smile_amazed::Smile_Default:

[ONIX]
Players
1,087 posts
9,032 battles

As a matter of fact, it is interesting that a well executed lemming train can be succesful because you have your entire fleet meeting the enemy's piecemeal and generally the game currently favours kills over caps.

So we can have a Succesful Lemming Train (SLT) which is a bit of an oxymoron, since the point of a lemming train is ending up falling over the edge for no good reason. Of course it is often just 12 people arriving at the optimal strategy by pure chance rather than design.

Players
542 posts
5,482 battles
13 hours ago, Aotearas said:

I've seen a couple more lemmingtrains than usual during that time, but what stuck with me most is the sheer amount of landslide victories where one team just utterly crumbles at the first contact and then just appears to be doing whatever they can to ensure their defeat

Definately not fun to play regardless on what team MM put you.

Pretty much sums up the game for me at the moment.

Premium time runs out soon, I think a break is needed when that happens. I'm not feeling particularly inclined to pay for something that just isn't fun.

Players
951 posts
8,500 battles
11 hours ago, Taliesn said:

I've been away from the game a couple of months, can't say I've found any dip in gameplay quality (or lack thereof more like)

Bit of a nightmare for DDs at the moment what with the US Halsey campaign/US cruiser thing going on (guilty as charged there I must admit)

And no more lemmings trains than usual IMO.

I was part of one glorious LT yesterday (in Montana), whole team in Ocean doing the merry go round (we barely managed to cap C on the way, just), everybody trying their best not to be the prime target for the enemy team. Until I decided it was getting boring and pretty silly so I offered myself as the next target. We won.

I have been away 3 weeks and came back a few days ago.. Just had 6 DD games today and in every game the heavies stayed out of the combat zones. DD's cap, spot and torp but alone we die fast... Every request for support came back with a negative and nobody moved... Whatever the reason for this game play I think I won't be playing my DD's for a while and if I do I will not support if abandoned... In one game as Yeuyang I top scored by games end (In a defeat) with 31,000 hp of damage the enemy had at the end all 3 cap zones, after I had alone capped 2 and not one of our heavies came to challenge any of the caps nor help any of the DD's... Think I shall just play my lower tiers until this changes.

• Cool 2

[CRU_]
Players
144 posts
5,648 battles
1 hour ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I have been away 3 weeks and came back a few days ago.. Just had 6 DD games today and in every game the heavies stayed out of the combat zones. DD's cap, spot and torp but alone we die fast... Every request for support came back with a negative and nobody moved... Whatever the reason for this game play I think I won't be playing my DD's for a while and if I do I will not support if abandoned... In one game as Yeuyang I top scored by games end (In a defeat) with 31,000 hp of damage the enemy had at the end all 3 cap zones, after I had alone capped 2 and not one of our heavies came to challenge any of the caps nor help any of the DD's... Think I shall just play my lower tiers until this changes.

I can't see that changing, it's the meta, Look at it from a BB perspective, the closer they get to the action the higher the chance to get torped/ focus fired, unlike cruisers it can be damn near impossible to disengage from close action, and the sting in that tail is as a bb you often get abandoned by CA/DD when it looks like the flank is out gunned. I'm not much of a BB driver, but in my experience it's best early game to stand off, see how things are developing, then move to press when you spot the timing to mid game.

[BOATY]
Players
550 posts
8,583 battles
5 hours ago, zengaze said:

I'm not much of a BB driver, but in my experience it's best early game to stand off, see how things are developing, then move to press when you spot the timing to mid game.

I know that selfish behaviour. It's goal is to maximize damage and survivability of the player.

While waiting the game to develop, enemies who follow objectives and try to support their contesters usually get some beating but in the process they stomp your team mates left without support. The further  "development" for the campers is die alone in a crossfire by ships with lower HP but in greater numbers. 

[CRU_]
Players
144 posts
5,648 battles
3 hours ago, Episparh said:

I know that selfish behaviour. It's goal is to maximize damage and survivability of the player.

While waiting the game to develop, enemies who follow objectives and try to support their contesters usually get some beating but in the process they stomp your team mates left without support. The further  "development" for the campers is die alone in a crossfire by ships with lower HP but in greater numbers. 

A BB doesn't have to have its face in the cap in order to support the cap, the absolute worst thing you can do is put your ship in a position which locks it whilst not knowing the enemy disposition, that applies to cruisers too, DDs are a little different in that their role by it's to shake the tree and see what pops out.

[BOATY]
Players
550 posts
8,583 battles
6 minutes ago, zengaze said:

A BB doesn't have to have its face in the cap in order to support the cap, the absolute worst thing you can do is put your ship in a position which locks it whilst not knowing the enemy disposition, that applies to cruisers too, DDs are a little different in that their role by it's to shake the tree and see what pops out.

Where I've said that BB or CA needs to be next to the cap?

I am just telling that a BB at 10km away from DD gives better support than a BB that is 15+ km away. 

I usually have similar arguments with my mate who likes to play Conq. He usually supports my Missoury 10km behind.

His arguments: I will be rekt if I go any closer.

My argument: no one will prioritize Conq if the closest target is radar BB or CA. 

• Cool 1