You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
That_Other_Nid

So, any word on the UK DD line or Commonwealth premiums?

14 comments in this topic

Players
743 posts
8,757 battles

I have been dilligently leveling my Commonwealth commander in the hope he will have a better job than Vampire and Perth one day. I am waiting for an N class DD in either line, though I expect the UK T8 DD will also be a good ship if it is the M class. 

Any rumors beyond "after the US cruiser split"?

The M class

AA+oo+Musketeer+1945.jpg

[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,657 battles

I guess we'll get to know more in the Gamescom (assuming that RN DDs will actually be the next line), so... mid to late August, small chance we'll hear much before that

Players
619 posts
10,071 battles

HMCS Haida is in testing as a Commonwealth DD ATM, and it was rumored that the next line after the US Light Cruisers will be RN DDs followed by Italian Cruisers, but nothing is 100% confirmed and no more info has been leaked since.

Players
743 posts
8,757 battles
2 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Far more important to release just about anything else.

Yeah, like the entire Russian and Naz-German lines, most of which are imaginary.

• Cool 2

Players
1,235 posts
6,951 battles

I think that next line is going to be announced pretty soon so that on Gamescom it will be already playable for the visitors.

Weekend Tester
683 posts
7,365 battles

WG should just merge the RN and "Commonwealth" lines, or at least make the Captains freely interchangeable.

This would reflect historical reality, and it would create a nice line that was well-equipped with premiums.

Why make people wait literally years for "orphan" lines like Commonwealth or Poland to fill out?

• Cool 5

[THESO]
Players
927 posts
8,527 battles
6 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

Yeah, like the entire Russian and Naz-German lines, most of which are imaginary.

Uh Sov lines arent really that much worse off than other nations. At least most of them werent just impossible wet dreams. 

Id love to get me some RN DDs though... Especially the Tribals. 

[PIKAS]
Beta Tester
2,005 posts
6,321 battles

you will get 2vTribals as premiums .

HMS Cossack, as build with 4 twin turrets at T8

HMCS Haida, with 3 twin turrets at T7

quastionable if any Tribal will appear in the „silver“ line.

My guess is that a J/K/N will be T7 and a L/M will be T8 in the techtree - or they will be moved up to T8/9  with some gimmicks.T10 than Daring class and T7 HMS Inglefield (5 guns, 10 torps)

EDIT: to bring the classes in correct order THX to Capra76!

[BS4]
Players
1,130 posts
6,321 battles
2 hours ago, stinkmorchel said:

you will get 2vTribals as premiums .

HMS Cossack, as build with 4 twin turrets at T8

HMCS Haida, with 3 twin turrets at T7

quastionable if any Tribal will appear in the „silver“ line.

My guess is that a J/K/L will be T7 and a M/N will be T8 in the techtree - or they will be moved up to T8/9  with some gimmicks.T10 than Daring class and T7 HMS Inglefield (5 guns, 10 torps)

Where are you getting this info from please. ?

Players
2,568 posts
15,503 battles
14 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

I am waiting for an N class DD

Seal clubbing with the best tier 8 DD (that has tier 7 MM) isn't good enough?

d3c78358-d0fb-11e7-89e8-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

14 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

in the hope he will have a better job than Vampire and Perth one day

Nope, can't think of a better job than captaining those two OP clubbers, esp Vampire.

Wonder if this is a spoiler? > https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/history/not-historical-maybe-1/

Have these two destroyers been modelled or are the pics is just renders?

b5abbb42-714a-11e8-8d60-ac162d8bc1e4_120

b5bb2302-714a-11e8-97e6-ac162d8bc1e4_120

Acasta class would be tier 2. A 3 gun broadside (same guns as Phra Ruang) with 2x1 torpedoes.

Faulknor class would be a tier 3. A 3-4 gun broadside (same guns as Phra Ruang) with 2x2 or 4x1 torpedoes.

Does this point to a destroyer leader line with Cossack as premium I wonder?

Players
4,046 posts
7,579 battles
4 hours ago, stinkmorchel said:

My guess is that a J/K/L will be T7 and a M/N will be T8 in the techtree - or they will be moved up to T8/9  with some gimmicks.T10 than Daring class and T7 HMS Inglefield (5 guns, 10 torps)

J/K were in the same batch as the N class, so maybe a bit good for T7 (if GM is anything to go by); perhaps an L class with the same guns but quad launchers or an I class with 4 guns but pentad torps.

The big question is what to do about the 113 mm guns at higher tiers, although if WG are going to nerf DD armour as a fix for the BB AP issue then this is less of an issue.

Players
743 posts
8,757 battles
1 hour ago, Capra76 said:

J/K were in the same batch as the N class, so maybe a bit good for T7 (if GM is anything to go by); perhaps an L class with the same guns but quad launchers or an I class with 4 guns but pentad torps.

The big question is what to do about the 113 mm guns at higher tiers, although if WG are going to nerf DD armour as a fix for the BB AP issue then this is less of an issue.

The 4.5s should have stupidly high ROF so that will compensate to a degree. J/K/N at tier 7 should be less of an issue because the 360 degree rear turret is only on GM because of a post war refit, the others will have a more convetional turret traverse. That said there is no reason for B turret to rotate though 360 degrees and it does anyway. 

Edit: just found a picture of a Brit N class with the rear mouning facing directly forward, so maybe not.

Hopefully we see O/P/Q at T6 and the prewar DDs at the lower tiers. Same guns as Gallant, but much better AA and an extra 2/3k of hitpoints.