You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
cookiemonster66

Stalingrad, Coal and steel, but only if your in a clan

68 comments in this topic

Players
78 posts
6,686 battles

Another mode many people won't initially be able to participate in, i work evenings Uk times and can't make clan battles or commit these hours to a clan, nor would i expect a clan to allow me in and not contribute and still pick up the benefit's. Wg appear to be completely clueless about peoples real life issues and commitments, to tie one of the needed resources (steel) to clan activities is a massive kick in the plums yet again for those of us who are unable to commit to a clan. I know it says "in the future" other ways to earn steel will be available but till then i and many others will have to sit and be excluded from earning the ships and rewards associated with the Arsenal and the need for steel. Also WG's "in the future can range anywhere from 1 day to never. Why don't these clueless dev's simply make it compulsory to be in a clan as that's what they want, tying so many events and exclusive rewards to them. Being a solo player in any WG title means you are always at a disadvantage to those who can commit to a clan and reap the numerous in game benefits and boosters.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
479 posts
8,260 battles

That's a third topic about it atm?

Anyway, this is how standard coop mains were, are and looks like will be treated forever, so I'm actually very tempted to say that you people just need to suck it up, which is a pretty standard reaction of (some) pvp players (and wg itself, because HURR COOP IS FOR TRAINING DURR) whenever someone mentions improving coop in any way. :P

[DC-DK]
Players
2,066 posts
23,555 battles

Nothing different than taking part in a lottery. You only get a chance to get the prize if you participate

[ADRIA]
Players
4,222 posts
6,782 battles

1) It's a reward ship for Clan Battles. No way you have to be in a clan to do that, who would have thought?!

2) CB is happening during the peak times of the server, a.k.a. when most people are online at the same time. You have 4 hours 4 times a week for like 2...3 months straight. You don't have to be there for the 1st second of it, you can start whenever you are online, on whichever of those 4 days each week that fits you better.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,073 posts
9,129 battles

Simple solution: give everything to anyone

Problem solved, sir!

Spoiler

:Smile_smile:

Beta Tester
4,192 posts
9,509 battles

You couldn't get it before.

There's a small chance you might be able to get it now, only over a longer time.

"boohoo"  :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
479 posts
8,260 battles
5 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

You couldn't get it before.

There's a small chance you might be able to get it now, only over a longer time.

"boohoo"  :Smile-_tongue:

1,5k steel from super containers, and knowing how "often" they appear the "longer time" needed might be longer than life cycle of universe. Or two. :Smile_teethhappy:

Grinding coal might take a bit less, just a lifespan. Of a sun.

Yes, I'm counting income from containers only, because that's what I'll be getting as a coop main, if you're feeling like a different kind of masochist and actually play ranked this grind might take a bit less, we still don't know how much you'll get from playing and missions.

Beta Tester
4,192 posts
9,509 battles
1 minute ago, orzel286 said:

1,5k steel from super containers, and knowing how "often" they appear the "longer time" needed might be longer than life cycle of universe. Or two. :Smile_teethhappy:

Grinding coal might take a bit less, just a lifespan. Of a sun.

Yet you're still no worse off than before. Small chance vs absolutely no chance.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
479 posts
8,260 battles
1 minute ago, AgarwaenME said:

Yet you're still no worse off than before. Small chance vs absolutely no chance.

Well, yeah, you know what they say, if a chance for something to happen is above zero, no matter how small it is, it will happen. Well, at least on a cosmological scale. :Smile_teethhappy:

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,436 posts
11,419 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, cookiemonster66 sagte:

Another mode many people won't initially be able to participate in, i work evenings Uk times and can't make clan battles or commit these hours to a clan, nor would i expect a clan to allow me in and not contribute and still pick up the benefit's. Wg appear to be completely clueless about peoples real life issues and commitments, to tie one of the needed resources (steel) to clan activities is a massive kick in the plums yet again for those of us who are unable to commit to a clan. I know it says "in the future" other ways to earn steel will be available but till then i and many others will have to sit and be excluded from earning the ships and rewards associated with the Arsenal and the need for steel. Also WG's "in the future can range anywhere from 1 day to never. Why don't these clueless dev's simply make it compulsory to be in a clan as that's what they want, tying so many events and exclusive rewards to them. Being a solo player in any WG title means you are always at a disadvantage to those who can commit to a clan and reap the numerous in game benefits and boosters.

You can earn steel for Ranked without having to be in a clan, so stop making such a stupid post please.

• Cool 1

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
236 posts
5,216 battles

Investing more time in an online game gives you more benefits in it?

Who would've thunk.

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,535 battles

What the hell are you on about?

The whole raison d'etre for the Arsenal is so that people can choose their rewards from a unified prize pool REGARDLESS of what competitive game mode they play? Don't got time for clan battles but want Stalingrad? Get the required Steel by playing Ranked. Want the Flint or Black but don't want to grind through solo Ranked? Get the required Steel by playing Clan battles.

Your entire point about the Stalingrad being exclusive to clan players is patently nonsense!

• Cool 3

[FDUSH]
Players
1,118 posts
6,589 battles

If there are no benefits to be in a clan. Then why be in a clan at all? I really like the idea of WG of receiving benefits, bonus and special battles for being in one. Otherwise clans would be pointless.

Players
78 posts
6,686 battles
11 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

You can earn steel for Ranked without having to be in a clan, so stop making such a stupid post please.

OM...a great clan here and in WOT, sadly populated by toxic know it all's like yourself, we don't all have the luxury of clan/division only play with excellent clan members or the luxury of sitting in a clan reaping extra rewards no matter how little effort you put in. Nor do many have the luxury to call in these players to help manipulate the system to gain rerward vehicles/ships or simply seal club to boost stats. ( please don't act innocent and offended by this revelation.....I was in Who when you were all manipulating the system to gain the T-22 in WOT and reward tanks like the 260 ). Yes ranked will provide some of these resources as well as containers, but what you failed to grasp in the initial post was the point not all players can commit to evenings for clan wars or invest huge amounts of time into ranked. So to tie the bulk of one of the required resources to a mode many can't commit too is restrictive to say the least.

Ranked and clan participation should be rewarded as WG want these modes to succeed and the best clans and players should reap the rewards but to tie steel in any meaningful amounts only to these modes is a bit restrictive to say the least to those that can't or don't want to play clan or ranked modes.

Making steel available across all game modes in various amounts would be a much fairer solution.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[-TXG-]
Players
2,368 posts

OR.................make a clan just for yourself...simples. OK you have to pay a small amount to do this but eventually getting a ship or ships for  a few of quid of outlay? 

Myself and a couple of friends did this for this very reason all those months ago. No intention of being in a 'proper' clan but made ourselves a private one. 

• Cool 1

Players
78 posts
6,686 battles
22 hours ago, Aotearas said:

What the hell are you on about?

The whole raison d'etre for the Arsenal is so that people can choose their rewards from a unified prize pool REGARDLESS of what competitive game mode they play? Don't got time for clan battles but want Stalingrad? Get the required Steel by playing Ranked. Want the Flint or Black but don't want to grind through solo Ranked? Get the required Steel by playing Clan battles.

Your entire point about the Stalingrad being exclusive to clan players is patently nonsense!

Where anywhere in that post did i say Stalingrad was exclusive to clan players, "tying so many events and exclusive rewards to them" <---- you mean this? Where does that in any world state the Stalingrad is exclusive to clans. Stalingrad isn't mentioned anywhere princess, just the fact that steel in meaningful amounts will be linked to clan and ranked play. Explains why your in EDIT.

20 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

OR.................make a clan just for yourself...simples. OK you have to pay a small amount to do this but eventually getting a ship or ships for  a few of quid of outlay? 

Myself and a couple of friends did this for this very reason all those months ago. No intention of being in a 'proper' clan but made ourselves a private one. 

thats 1 way lol

Edited by Kampa1987
Flame
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
4,192 posts
9,509 battles
8 minutes ago, cookiemonster66 said:

Making steel available across all game modes in various amounts would be a much fairer solution.

Again.

Stalingrad was NEVER supposed to be available to you to begin with. The arsenal however gives you a small chance to get it.

Giving you a larger than previous ZERO chance is not something to cry about.

• Cool 1

Players
78 posts
6,686 battles
12 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

I will type slow so maybe you grasp it....Not all people can or want to invest a boat load of time into ranked or clans. Making steel available across all game modes in various amounts means anyone and everyone can earn rewards. ( no matter how many years that takes ).

• Bad 1

[OM]
3,436 posts
11,419 battles
Vor 1 Minute, cookiemonster66 sagte:

I will type slow so maybe you grasp it....Not all people can or want to invest a boat load of time into ranked or clans. Making steel available across all game modes in various amounts means anyone and everyone can earn rewards. ( no matter how many years that takes ).

You should join OM to become a know it all like me, cause right now you know nothing.

Steel is available across all game modes. Read the patch notes before crying in the forum.

And even if it wasn't, that would be great as well. What would be the point of clanwars or ranked if there was no reward for them?

You can't or don't want to invest time into this? Fine, but then don't blame me or WG for you not getting the rewards.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,535 battles
20 hours ago, cookiemonster66 said:

Where anywhere in that post did i say Stalingrad was exclusive to clan players, "tying so many events and exclusive rewards to them" <---- you mean this? Where does that in any world state the Stalingrad is exclusive to clans. Stalingrad isn't mentioned anywhere princess, just the fact that steel in meaningful amounts will be linked to clan and ranked play. Explains why your in EDIT.

You're a salty one.

First of all, the Stalingrad is prominently featured in your thread title. And it just so happens that the Stalingrad originally was intended as a reward for Clan Battles so making the connection between your unsubstantiated rant about clans, your thread title and the Stalingrad is only logical.

And your precious attempt at a personal insult and deriding the SCRUB clan is just laughable mate. Together with your response to @Commander_Cornflakes' it just shows that you're throwing a temper tantrum because WG isn't giving you all the stuff the way you want.

Fact is, you can get Coal as a solo player.

Fact is you won't even have to play any competitive mode at all to get Coal.

Fact is Steel is designed to be a reward currency for competitive game modes in lieu of predetermined rewards (so players can chose what they want).

Fact is you can get Steel without being in a clan by playing Ranked.

That alone is plenty enough evidence that your rant about tying rewards to clans is completely unsubstantiated. The entire premise for your rant is false.

• Cool 3

Players
78 posts
6,686 battles
15 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

Again.

Stalingrad was NEVER supposed to be available to you to begin with. The arsenal however gives you a small chance to get it.

Giving you a larger than previous ZERO chance is not something to cry about.

Until this announcement it wasn't clear how the Stalingrad would be available.

• Bad 2

Players
78 posts
6,686 battles

don't you digest what you read, i clearly on several occasions stated clan and ranked play should be rewarded lol. Explains why you need your hand held in a clan

• Funny 1

[OM]
3,436 posts
11,419 battles
Gerade eben, cookiemonster66 sagte:

Wrong. It was clear since the first season of clanwars that you could get it for 3 successful clanwar seasons.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,535 battles
Just now, cookiemonster66 said:

Except that it was.

WG had openly stated that the Stalingrad was to be a reward ship for Clan battles. They also stated there would be another way of earning it, which turned out to be the Arsenal.

Beta Tester
4,192 posts
9,509 battles
1 minute ago, cookiemonster66 said:

Yes it was. It's been known since CW was introduced.