You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

Oil collected without a Clan

145 comments in this topic

Players
90 posts
5,450 battles
Il y a 1 heure, _Helmut_Kohl_ a dit :

Before I joined a Clan, it also showed that I was collecting Oil.

Is that in my wallet too ?

@MrConway @Crysantos

Carefull too much extra oil can bring you the freedom dispenser aka USA

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,832 posts

So the players who aren't in a clan because of reasons (conflicting schedule that does not allow for clan wars, or not into the forced social-stuff) are forked on top of not being able to benefit from clan benefits for something not clan-related in the first place? Nice... :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,752 posts

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/assemble-the-clan/

Zitat

Clan and Player accounts

Whenever you receive oil from any source (be it container, event, or whatever else), it gets credited to several different places:

1. Clan Wallet – oil from all clan members is accumulated here and can be spent by clan leads/deputies/builders to build structures.
  2. Clan level – oil, earned by all members of a clan, contributes to the clan level (See “Clan levels” below). This works similarly to account level, just with oil instead of XP.
  3. Players' progress within the clan – a parameter that tracks the overall amount of oil you’ve earned within this clan, tied to access to clan bonuses, see “access” below. It will be reset to 0 if you leave your clan and won’t restore even you join the same clan, so don’t make hasty decisions.
  4. Personal player wallet (won’t be visible currently) – sum of all oil you’ve ever earned for any clan. You will be able to spend it on various things in the future.

When you are not part of the clan, you can't receive any oil at all! (which means you won't even receive it for your personal wallet)

and this sentence about the "personal wallet" and future things was the only reason why I joined a clan...

Vor 7 Minuten, MrFingers sagte:

So the players who aren't in a clan because of reasons (conflicting schedule that does not allow for clan wars, or not into the forced social-stuff) are forked on top of not being able to benefit from clan benefits for something not clan-related in the first place?

there are enough clans only to "don't waste oil", without any clan wars or social stuff...

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,591 posts
9,251 battles
18 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

I am afraid that it isn't.

Link

Eesh! That sucks; I don't know how many non-clan folk there are, but this seems like rather poor form by WG...

[BYOB]
Players
3,833 posts
15,722 battles

22 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

So the players who aren't in a clan because of reasons (conflicting schedule that does not allow for clan wars, or not into the forced social-stuff) are forked on top of not being able to benefit from clan benefits for something not clan-related in the first place? Nice... :Smile_sceptic:

WG screwing loyal players like a boss. Hey those falling retention numbers aren't going to get worse on their own!

I don't know why, but I have the feeling WG is trying to make the game fail as hard as possible. The recent changes all go towards making the game less interesting for long time players.

[HOO]
2,832 posts
14 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Eesh! That sucks; I don't know how many non-clan folk there are, but this seems like rather poor form by WG...

This. So according to WG, if you're not in a clan, you're at best a B-list player, and thus not worth as much features. Does overlap nicely though with "if you don't play, we'll give you a Cesare or Eugen"-mentality though. 

It wouldn't be so bad if it were for clan-related discounts and offers, but this arsenal has gotten nothing to do with clans in the first place, so why exclude players who are not in a clan from participating in said arsenal, making them start from square one.

(I'm in that boat, never been a second in a clan, for I play too irregularly, and I don't fancy the "forced" social aspect of the game, same reason why I don't play in divisions) 

@MrConway @Crysantos

• Cool 2

[DC_DK]
Players
2,760 posts
28,210 battles

Probably why they are introducing coal and steel as a in game currency for those not being in a clan... Oil can only be used to upgrade stuff in the clan base.

[HOO]
2,832 posts
Just now, hgbn_dk said:

Probably why they are introducing coal and steel as a in game currency for those not being in a clan... Oil can only be used to upgrade stuff in the clan base.

Yes, but as I understand it, your oil-tally for opening containers has an impact on with how much coal/steel you start. Clan-less players also collected containers (without the oil), and their tally is being ignored? Hardly correct. 

If that's the case, that will be quite a big thing, and leave a bitter taste for all those who aren't in clans, or were only temporarily in clans. There is a solution though, some sort of calculation that would "guesstimate" how much oil a player would have generated if he was in a clan. Take the average XP and the number of battles fought (both can be found on the profile), and one should have an accurate enough idea on how many containers one opened in its career since oil was introduced. That would also then give an amount of oil that does acceptably encompasses the actual (but not tracked) yield. The higher requirements for the 12.5 & 37k XP containers are being offset by all the free event containers that are not being tracked. Something in the lines of that would be a fair thing for all players.

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,760 posts
28,210 battles

At least that is how I read into it. Might be wrong though.

[CATS]
Players
20,500 posts
12,551 battles
13 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

This. So according to WG, if you're not in a clan, you're at best a B-list player, and thus not worth as much features. Does overlap nicely though with "if you don't play, we'll give you a Cesare or Eugen"-mentality though. 

It wouldn't be so bad if it were for clan-related discounts and offers, but this arsenal has gotten nothing to do with clans in the first place, so why exclude players who are not in a clan from participating in said arsenal, making them start from square one.

(I'm in that boat, never been a second in a clan, for I play too irregularly, and I don't fancy the "forced" social aspect of the game, same reason why I don't play in divisions) 

@MrConway @Crysantos

No, now even clanless players can earn coal and get something for it. Before you had to join a clan.

[TACHA]
Players
240 posts
6,447 battles
43 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

The clan Im in has probably done 2-3 clanbattles. We are in it just for the ship bonuses

and occasional division play.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,760 posts
28,210 battles

Can it not just be that the oil counter only started counting when you joined a clan??? So its technical impossible to retrieve any oil you potentially have earned?

[HOO]
2,832 posts
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

No, now even clanless players can earn coal and get something for it. Before you had to join a clan.

But those in clans are given a huge head-start due to having already accumulated oil (via opening containers). The clan-less players also opened containers, but that wasn't tracked. So clan-less players are being punished for not being part of an optional and non-related part of the game then? Hardly correct in my book.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[W-C]
2,556 posts
7,070 battles
3 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

But those in clans are given a huge head-start due to having already accumulated oil (via opening containers). The clan-less players also opened containers, but that wasn't tracked. So clan-less players are being punished for not being part of an optional and non-related part of the game then? Hardly correct in my book.

Should've joined a clan then....it would only take you a few mouse clicks.

Does that mean you're being punished right now for not being in a clan, since you're not getting those -10% repair costs?

• Bad 1

[TACHA]
Players
240 posts
6,447 battles
Just now, MrFingers said:

That oil is spent on the base anyway and if you leave the clan you dont get any with you.

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
20,500 posts
12,551 battles
5 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

As said when Oil was introduced...

It is a choice. Now WG gives you an option to get something extra without a clan.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,760 posts
28,210 battles
7 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Not much different than those which never have played ranked getting nothing either..

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NAVOC]
Players
721 posts
Just now, hgbn_dk said:

Not much different than those which never have played ranked getting nothing either..

I think it is.

Never played ranked = nothing

Never played a CW but was in a clan while opening containers = something

Never played a CW and never had a clan = nothing

Point is, it seems WG gave a heads up this could happen on a patch note. So despite being a bit...unfair it had a fair warning (imo).

[DC_DK]
Players
2,760 posts
28,210 battles

I think the decision is based on the fact that everybody can buy otherwise exclusive reward ships. So giving those who played for those or at least tried a head start. Might be wrong though

[BYOB]
Players
3,833 posts
15,722 battles
31 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

There is a solution though, some sort of calculation that would "guesstimate" how much oil a player would have generated if he was in a clan.

You don't need to guess, the game has a tally of all your opened containers. And opened containers = oil.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,760 posts
28,210 battles
4 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

You don't need to guess, the game has a tally of all your opened containers. And opened containers = oil.

Unless tracking of oil only starts when you join a clan. Make sense why keep track of a otherwise unusable resource?? When they created the oil stuff they might not have foreseen additional use of this resource.

[EST]
Players
1,077 posts
21,988 battles
44 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

That oil is spent on the base anyway and if you leave the clan you dont get any with you.

Just wrong statement.