You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wilkatis_LV

You think you earned the Stalingrad? No, still have to buy it!

35 comments in this topic

[ADRIA]
Players
4,175 posts
6,755 battles

From the post about arsenal:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/introducing-arsenal/

If you participate in Clan Battles, you will receive 6,000 Steel for each of the two Stalingrad flags. The flags will be written off your account. For the third clan season, players who scored 30 victories in the Typhoon League will be able to receive 10,000 Steel, which allows them to accumulate the necessary amount of resources to get Tier X cruiser Stalingrad in Update 0.7.8. Thus, players who earn three Stalingrad flags will be able to exchange 21,000 Steel for Tier X cruiser Stalingrad. Two weeks after the release of Update 0.7.8, if you earned three Stalingrad flags and used your coupon to obtain cruiser Stalingrad, another coupon for a 25% discount in the Ships category will be credited to your account. Pay attention, if you fought in three Clan Battles seasons in order to earn Stalingrad, don't spend your coupon and Steel on other ships, otherwise you'll need to accumulate the necessary amount of Steel to purchase the cruiser without this discount.

7ccedc02-7201-11e8-a978-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

So let me get this straight - 3x 30 wins in Typhoon and I still need to buy the ship?

What happened to "earn rewards in one competitive mode, be able to buy them from the other one"? Definitely seems to still work in Ranked where you get your Flint, Black AND Steel which you can then use on whatever you want

Worst part is - it says the same in the Russian article, so it's not even some wonky translation thing

What the hell happened?!

@MrConway @Tuccy @Crysantos

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,229 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, wilkatis_LV sagte:

So let me get this straight - 3x 30 wins in Typhoon and I still need to buy the ship?

and so what? For those 3x 30 Wins you'll get the steel and the coupon to buy the Stalingrad. Where is the difference to get no steel but the Stalingrad directly in the port? With this way of distribution you have the choice if you want to get the Stalingrad or something else...

• Cool 4

[KAKE]
Players
782 posts
2,932 battles
4 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

What happened to "earn rewards in one competitive mode, be able to buy them from the other one"? Definitely seems to still work in Ranked where you get your Flint, Black AND Steel which you can then use on whatever you want

I'm not sure what the problem is. You don't have to buy it for credits, you just buy it for the Steel you got from winning. So instead of getting it automatically, you get a resource that you can use to get something else instead if you're not interested in the Stalingrad.

As I read it, you don't get the Flint and Black automatically for Ranked anymore either. Instead you get Steel that corresponds to the cost of those ships.

Secondly, players will receive bonus Steel for a certain number of first ranks they have achieved:

One first rank: 2,500 Steel.
Two first ranks: 5,000 Steel.
Three first ranks: at this stage, players previously received Tier VII ship Flint, that's why there's no bonus for them in this case.
Four first ranks: 5,000 Steel. There is no bonus for the previous ranks, because players have already received Flint for them.
Five first ranks: at this stage, players previously received Tier IX ship Black, that's why there's no bonus for them in this case.
Six first ranks: 2,500 Steel. There is no bonus for the previous ranks, because players have already received Flint and Black for them.
Seven first ranks: 5,000 Steel. There's no bonus for ranks 1-5, because players have already received Flint and Black for them.
Eight first ranks: 7,500 Steel. There's no bonus for ranks 1-5, because players have already received Flint and Black for them.
Thus, players who achieved the first rank two or four times can exchange Steel for Flint or Black if they achieve the first rank in the next season.

I.E. If you've achieved first rank exactly three times, you will have received the Flint, and won't get any Steel.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
1,143 posts
16,332 battles
3 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

What happened to "earn rewards in one competitive mode, be able to buy them from the other one"? Definitely seems to still work in Ranked where you get your Flint, Black AND Steel which you can then use on whatever you wan

As far as I understand from now you'll only get steel, not ships, by reaching R1 over three or five seasons but you'll get enough steel to buy them.

Thus, players who achieved the first rank two or four times can exchange Steel for Flint or Black if they achieve the first rank in the next season.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,255 posts
11,672 battles

We said from the beginning that earning 3x Stalingrad flags would earn you the Stalingrad, this is still true - you can get it this way or you can decide to trade in your steel in a different way. This way you have more options than just getting the plain ship. Buying it for the received currency or getting it straight to your port without the currency, the outcome is the same - you get the Stalingrad as promised.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,203 posts
8,855 battles
6 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

We said from the beginning that earning 3x Stalingrad flags would earn you the Stalingrad, this is still true - you can get it this way or you can decide to trade in your steel in a different way. This way you have more options than just getting the plain ship. Buying it for the received currency or getting it straight to your port without the currency, the outcome is the same - you get the Stalingrad as promised.

Greetings, Crysantos

Thx for the quick answer.

So for 3x 30 Typhoon, we will receive 22k Steel and a 25% off coupon for Stalingrad. After using that coupon in the stated timeframe, we will receive another 25% ship coupon.

After using Steel and Coupon to get Stalingrad, we will then have Stalingrad, more Steel and another 25% coupon. Is that correct?

• Cool 1

[-5D3-]
Players
33 posts
171 battles

So, by playing in clan battles for three seasons a player could purchase both of the ranked reward ships without ever having played ranked? (Discount included)

• Angry 1

Beta Tester
2,203 posts
8,855 battles
6 minutes ago, Koruption said:

So, by playing in clan battles for three seasons a player could purchase both of the ranked reward ships without ever having played ranked? (Discount included)

And a Ranked player will be able to get Stalingrad without ever playing Clan Wars.

• Cool 1

[-5D3-]
Players
33 posts
171 battles
3 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

And a Ranked player will be able to get Stalingrad without ever playing Clan Wars.

Yes, but that's two ranked reward ships for the work of a single clan wars reward ship. If a player isn't interested in the Stalingrad, that sure sounds... interesting.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,255 posts
11,672 battles
13 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Thx for the quick answer.

So for 3x 30 Typhoon, we will receive 22k Steel and a 25% off coupon for Stalingrad. After using that coupon in the stated timeframe, we will receive another 25% ship coupon.

After using Steel and Coupon to get Stalingrad, we will then have Stalingrad, more Steel and another 25% coupon. Is that correct?

Just to make it clear, making it to Typhoon league and then winning 30+ battles in Typhoon league is going to give you 10k Steel in total for season 3 - plus 6k Steel for each Stalingrad flag earned before. So you should have 1k Steel left over after buying the Stalingrad for the discounted 21k. You will get another voucher for a 25% discount after that - if you spend the Steel first on something else, there won't be a second discount voucher that you could use for Stalingrad. So be wise and buy Stalingrad first. Rush B :Smile_honoring:

Greetings, Crysantos

Beta Tester
2,203 posts
8,855 battles
2 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Just to make it clear, making it to Typhoon league and then winning 30+ battles in Typhoon league is going to give you 10k Steel in total for season 3 - plus 6k Steel for each Stalingrad flag earned before. So you should have 1k Steel left over after buying the Stalingrad for the discounted 21k. You will get another voucher for a 25% discount after that - if you spend the Steel first on something else, there won't be a second discount voucher that you could use for Stalingrad. So be wise and buy Stalingrad first. Rush B :Smile_honoring:

Greetings, Crysantos

Thx again.

So after all, we will get

- Stalingrad

- 1.000 Steel

- 25% Ship coupon.

Way better than the old deal (3x flag = Stalingrad).

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,255 posts
11,672 battles
7 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Thx again.

So after all, we will get

- Stalingrad

- 1.000 Steel

- 25% Ship coupon.

Way better than the old deal (3x flag = Stalingrad).

Yep, I think that's a much better deal, too :cap_haloween:

Enjoy!

Crysantos

• Cool 3

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Players
240 posts
10,138 battles

Why on earth is S1 and S2 less worth than S3?!? Its really an achievement to make some easy stuff complicated. From 3 Flags = Stalingrad we moved to 22k Steel with a 25% Coupon to buy Stalingrad for the early CB Players. To compensate the loss of 8k Steal for the first two seasons we only get another 25% coupon. I dont know, maybe on paper it looked good and you get what WG promised in the beginning but that doesnt change the fact that I feel kinda scamed as a customer. 

• Cool 2

[UN]
Weekend Tester
841 posts
19,877 battles

12 hours ago, Crysantos said:

You will get another voucher for a 25% discount after that - if you spend the Steel first on something else, there won't be a second discount voucher that you could use for Stalingrad.

Want to bet how many will not learn of this, spend the voucher on something else and then come here complaining ? Gosh, just make it idiot-proof, give out 3*8'000 and price the Stalingrad at 24'000.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,229 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Caljostro sagte:

Want to bet how many will not learn of this, spend the voucher on something else and then come here complaining ?

then imho those guys don't deserve such a reward ship like the Stalingrad...

[GOON]
Alpha Tester
341 posts
5,984 battles

I just hope that other sources of steel will become available soon. I've been with this game from Alpha, but still am not interested in Clan Wars, it feels too much like work - show up on time, don't fool around, be at your best, follow orders....and so on. In normal and in ranked you can at least play when you want and try silly gimmicks and strats.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,476 battles
17 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Worst part is - it says the same in the Russian article, so it's not even some wonky translation thing

What the hell happened?!

like money in WOWS is problem......crying just for crying?

Players
1,537 posts
6,437 battles

Chaps, Chaps, Chaps,

Lets not be naive.  It's a business at the end of the day and are in it for the £££.  There were never just gonna give this ship away to "the elite". Now anyone can obtain this :Smile_teethhappy:.  The specialness of this little gem has evaporated. 

Instead of giving this special ship to people that have earned it through 3 Clan Battles and the pain that comes with it....They are effectively selling it now so, in time, anyone can "Buy" it. 

So...It's good for other players that don't wanna play clans battles and wallet warriors but crap for people who wanna say they have earnt  it. WG has kept the promise about obtaining it via 3 clans, sure, but its the way they have done it again which makes me laugh. 

Quite clever really but in a cloak and dagger way. But just like Clans being at tier 10 (££££), Didn't it get people playing clans thinking that it was the only way to get it :Smile_teethhappy:

7 hours ago, Hardocky said:

Op stalinfrag + skilled players = how to ruin the game ;)

I have personally been in a match with Flamu in the Stalingrad 2 (on the same side) and it desecrated the enemy team.  It wiped 2 ships of the map before i could get into position.

To date, i havent seen a ship that can do did what it did to the enemy team, both BBs and cruisers.  I really really hope it doesn't come out like.   

Beta Tester
2,203 posts
8,855 battles
52 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

I have personally been in a match with Flamu in the Stalingrad 2 (on the same side) and it desecrated the enemy team.  It wiped 2 ships of the map before i could get into position.

To date, i havent seen a ship that can do did what it did to the enemy team, both BBs and cruisers.  I really really hope it doesn't come out like.   

Stalingrad 2 is actually the one with the BB-dispersion and the 32mm bow...

So he would have probably done the same to your team in any Battleship.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,893 battles
18 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

What the hell happened?!

This is brilliant fantastic in fact just amazing.. thank you wargaming...

@MrConway @Tuccy @Crysantos THANKYOU

Why do I say this.. Well wargaming said after 3 Clan seasons we get the Stalingrad, and you still can.. Appart from what already has been pointed out you will have the stalingrad +1000 steel.. We also have been given choice.. If you dont want the Stalingrad you have 22000 steel

You can buy Black for 14000 or Flint for 11,600. WE have been given CHOICE indeed with 22000 steel at a conversion of 1 steel to 10 coal you will have 220,000 coal.. 20K coal short of the Salam if you prefer a USN tier X CA over a Russian on...

So to be clear before we had the offer of 3 clan seasons 1 tier X CA know we have choice of.

Black or Flint or Stalingrad or 91% of the way to Salam

SOOO MANY CHOICES

Personally i will probably get the Stalingrad.. But to be honest  holding of for a bit and getting Black instead (I am a DD player) is tempting

• Cool 2

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

ok we know that CB is now worth 10k steel, but how much will rank 1 be worth in future?

@Crysantos can we get an info?

Players
211 posts
15,970 battles

The System doesn't seem to be very intuitive. The 3rd time getting first rank has to give you 4.100 Steel (=11.600-2.500-5.000).

5th time getting rank one has to be 9.000 Steel (=14.000-5.000).

Is there a system behind it or did WG just roll some dice?

Could you elaborate on this?

@Crysantos