You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrWastee

Arsenal and Questions (former:- and oil)

81 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,121 posts
18,194 battles

(edited op with open and answered questions, see below)

so, there it is, arsenal is in 0.7.6....

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/introducing-arsenal/

the line which somehow stroke:

"[...]

Your Savings

Players who earned certain merits in battle won't have to accumulate Steel and Coal from scratch, because we thought about some bonuses for them dedicated to the Arsenal's launch.

Firstly, when the Update with the Arsenal releases, players will receive a nice bonus for the Oil they have in stock—5 Coal for 1 Oil. After the release of Update 0.7.6, Oil is used only to build Naval Base objects and gain access to constructions.

[...]"...

simple question: ALL oil ever collected, or just the one shown atm per player (f.e. after clan switch)? because, if only taken current ammount into account i surely smell some pitchforks...

--> EDIT: ALL OIL EVER COLLECTED (while being in any clan!) WILL BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT<--

On 18.6.2018 at 4:44 PM, Niibler said:

From reddit: link

Sub_Octavian

18 points·38 minutes ago

All oil earned in any clan, including previous clans, will count. Don't worry.

on a second note might discuss anything about the article, so far i'm not sure what to think about myself.

edit:

what i sure like is being able getting stuff like signals and camos on demand! in the long run ships like salem, black and such as well ofc. dont ask me about the exchange rates, in whole i think it's a pretty awesome thing! just the lack of clarification on that rather big concern softens it all down lol.

editedit: i don't like the coal pricings (imo too high in some cases) and i'd liked to see steel given out for stepstones in competitive modes, not only for reaching the top (so r10, r5 and single steps of typhoon mission). but maybe thats just me.

questions answered:

On 22.6.2018 at 11:59 AM, Aotearas said:

@MrConway, one thing I'm interesting about with the upcoming Arsenal in regards to the special ship upgrades is the price.

Will SC drops for special upgrades be replaced with Coal drops? If so, what about the discrepancy between the amount of Coal dropping from a SC (15k) and the price for special upgrades in the Arsenal (17k)?

Or will special upgrades continue to drop at random from SCs?

Also, Salem going to be available for free XP or only via Coal?

40 minutes ago, MrConway said:

[...]

I can understand that getting a module that you don't want would be very frustrating following the Arsenal implementation. It will still be possible but I'll pass the feedback on.

The price discrepancy is there but will easily be offset by coal that you will get in missions and containers - overall it should be much easier to get the modules you want now (radar duration here I come! :))

Salem will only be available for coal for now.

On 22.6.2018 at 1:32 PM, Hades_warrior said:

Okey.

btw, I got another question;  Will Arsenal get more Premium ships for buy with steel / coal and have list of fresh offers for players or those 6-8 Premiums we saw on image are all we can buy?

40 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Its safe to say that there will be changes to the ships available there in future, but for now the lineup will be as announced.

[...]

On 20.6.2018 at 7:12 PM, MrWastee said:

-> steel not only in sc's, for rank 1 or 30 wins in typhoon league

Spoiler

Sehales on german Forum: "So ist es geplant, ja. Genauere Details kann ich euch dazu noch nicht geben."

translation: [...](sc' excluded) " theres not only gonna be steel for rank1/30 wins in typhoon"[...]; answer:  "  thats the way it's planned, cant give u anymore details yet"

---> sehales confirmed it seemed planned to give out steel not only for rank 1 or 30 wins in typhoon, but for other stepstones/ranks/leagues too.

Spoiler

On 22.6.2018 at 11:45 AM, MrConway said:

Do you know if Supercontainers will have coal/steel in 0.7.6 already, and if the drop chance is comparable to "regular" stuff like FreeXP (not super rare, like ships) ?

• They will be going live with coal/steel in 0.7.6 but I cannot comment on the drop-rate.

More intersting is can you use a mix of Coal and free XP to get a ship... with my accumulated Oil i should get around 64k coal. I have all the free XP ships and have 784 581 Free XP.... combined thats about enough for Salem.... 

• Nope, its an either/or scenario. You cannot combine currencies in the Arsenal.

Can we exchange special upgrades in the Arsenal (or sell them for Coal)?

• For now the Arsenal will be a one-way street where you can buy items, but cannot sell them.

- will there be any relation between between steel/coal and free/commander xp?

• No, for now the currency will be entirely separate and can only be used in the Arsenal. Although you can buy signals and flags to boost commander and free XP there.

- will it be possible to convert something in something, for free or with dubs (not counting steel to coal now)?

• The only planned conversions for now are Steel > Coal and Personal oil > Coal one time with the update.

- will coupons be given out as a measurement of dedication to clanssystem/oil or ranked before, or are there any distinctions in giving them out anyway?

• Coupons are given out by a variety of metrics and criteria which I unfortunately cannot disclose.

- (why) no steel for ranked stepstones and clanwars leagues beyond rank 1 and 30 typhoon wins only on introduction (as in future it seems one earns there as well)?

• The steel for previous ranked and clanwars seasons is meant to offset the previous rewards that could be earned by completing the seasons several times. While there is no steel or coal for other ranked and clanwars progress, we gave out ample rewards for these at the time already.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,305 posts
9,548 battles

Salem for 240.000 Coal is an interesting tidbit.

Considering we can get the Musashi for 750.000 free XP or then for 176.000 Oil, would that mean that the Salem is soon™ going to be available for ~1.000.000 free XP?

@MrConway, @Tuccy I summon thee.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
795 posts
2,975 battles
2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Salem for 240.000 Oil is an interesting tidbit.

Considering we can get the Musashi for 750.000 free XP or then for 176.000 Oil, would that mean that the Salem is soon™ going to be available for ~1.000.000 free XP?

@MrConway, @Tuccy I summon thee.

Coal, not oil. But the Salem is going to be Tier X, isn't it? I guess it kind of makes sense that it'll have a free XP cost higher than the Tier IXs.

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles

I am not well informed in this regard - can one collect at least one form of these resources (coal?) just like oil (opening containers), but now basically the "personal oil" will become coal?

Other thing in my mind is that the possible (kid of re-)work on the containers is connected to the fact that we will be able to esentially buy their consumables in-game. I wonder what will be the fate of the containers.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,304 posts
6,195 battles

Exactly...so this means that rich clans will get even reacher....

So if I join a big clan that has say, 100k of saved oil, I'll get myself a hefty 500k coal? What a load of crap

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,507 posts

From how it is worded in the news, I see three scenarios for the oil to coal exchange.

1) All oil personally collected during your total career.

If you collected 4.000 oil for your clan(s) since its introduction you'll get 20.000 coal.

2) Oil collected while in your current clan.

If you switched, you'll not recieve anything you earned before the switch. Only the current amount listed in your current clan. You leave your clan before the next patch, or if you are kicked out, you'll start at zero again.

3) Oil currently available for usage in your current clan reserve.

So if you collected 4.000 Oil for your clan(s) but the current clan reserve is at zero, you'll get nothing. If the reserve is at 20.000 you'll recieve 100.000 coal.

I also saw nothing mentioned about players who never were in a clan. Will those recieve anything?

@MrConway we need a clarification here.

46 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You do not get coal for your clans oil...

That is not written in the article.

The article says: oil in reserve

There is only one place where it is in reserve and that is the clan. So it is not as clear as it seems.

Edited by Egoleter
One part clarified by SubOcatvian on reddit (see below for link).

[KAKE]
Players
795 posts
2,975 battles

I assume the game tracks how much oil you specifically have contributed, and bases it upon that. But I agree that the article could be clearer on how it works.

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles
3 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

From how it is worded in the news, I see three scenarios for the oil to coal exchange. (...)

As my understanding is that the coal will be a personal resource, the Nr. 1 possibility so obviously the best idea that I am almost certain that this is the case.

If things will get ugly, then as worst case scenario the Nr. 2 might apply, as I don't know if WG has any data about the total collected oil by person; but as for the current clan, the numbers are available even for the clan's participants.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,507 posts
1 minute ago, AkosJaccik said:

As my understanding is that the coal will be a personal resource, the Nr. 1 possibility so obviously the best idea that I am almost certain that this is the case.

If things will get ugly, then as worst case scenario the Nr. 2, as I don't know if WG has any data about the total collected oil by person; but as for the current clan, it is available even for the clan's participants.

I hope it is option 1. It is just not clear if that is actually the case. And I hope that there is some background data for non-clan players, so that they'll recieve their reward as well.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,852 posts
6,160 battles

I'm a litle batheled aswell about the oil>coal thing.

Dose it take into account only the oil you have collected in the current clan, or dose it take into account the oil you colected in all clans?

Hopefully someone from WG can clarify this.

:cap_book:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,121 posts
18,194 battles
6 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

[...]

Hopefully someone from WG can clarify this soontm.

:cap_book:

fify :Smile_trollface::Smile_hiding:

tbh, somehow i expect it to take it all into account, but with this phrase no one really can be sure of that. also, the thing with clan-less players really might be an issue they not thought off... but, if those get oil in containers as well it should be fine i assume.... hope lol....

...and another question: will dragon sigs be available?! :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,507 posts
1 minute ago, Niibler said:

From reddit: link

Excellent. It is my option 1.

But what about the players without a clan. That still needs a clarification.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,305 posts
9,548 battles
25 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Coal, not oil. But the Salem is going to be Tier X, isn't it? I guess it kind of makes sense that it'll have a free XP cost higher than the Tier IXs.

Well, my question there wouldn't be about the pricing but if that would mean the Salem being available via free XP too rather than only Coal.

Would fit me a good deal better, because I could get her for free XP and use my Coal to get stuff like Surveillance Radar modification upgrades. On a slightly different tangent that I haven't seen adressed anywhere so far, can we exchange special upgrades in the Arsenal (or sell them for Coal)? Because so far the game has been throwing Damage Control Party and Spotter Airplane modification upgrades at me but I've only ever gotten one Surveillance Radar modification upgrade. If players were able to exchange such upgrades for ones they specifically want, that'd be great.

• Cool 2

Players
721 posts
10,603 battles
1 minute ago, Egoleter said:

But what about the players without a clan. That still needs a clarification.

I'm also curious about that. My guess is that oil collected while in a clan will be counted, not sure how it can be counted if the player never was in one.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,998 posts
27 minutes ago, Niibler said:

not sure how it can be counted if the player never was in one

Since the game apparently tracks the containers a player collects (there is a program that allows you to see what containers you've earned), it's not hard at all to retrace the amount of containers a player has earned, and recalculate the oil/steel balance, whether you are in a clan or not.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
957 posts
13,484 battles

Arsenal has some interesting stuff but buying Salem next to already having permacamoed Desmo --i dont thnk so, i ll wait for the "mother russias" T10 :Smile_glasses:

[CATS]
Players
14,742 posts
10,882 battles
52 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

@MrConway

The article says: oil in reserve

There is only one place where it is in reserve and that is the clan. So it is not as clear as it seems.

It is clear.  The other options would be impossible.

• Just left a clan? To bad, you get nothing
  • Played a minimum number of games in a clan of heavy duty 24/7 player who spend thousandth of dollars on containers, everyone in the clan, even you, gets 1.000.000+ coal

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,507 posts
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

• Played a minimum number of games in a clan of heavy duty 24/7 player who spend thousandth of dollars on containers, everyone in the clan, even you, gets 1.000.000+ coal

For you and me they might be. But there is always a chance that Wargaming made a mistake somewhere. Better to make them aware of it now, so they can correct it if necessary (which it isn't in this case), then to create greater chaos later.

And I already edited my post long before replied to it. :cap_haloween:

Beta Tester
2,220 posts
8,910 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It was stated long ago, that we all have invisible wallets with all the oil we ever collected.

Also Sub confirmed it on Reddit just again.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,507 posts
1 minute ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

It was stated long ago, that we all have invisible wallets with all the oil we ever collected.

Also Sub confirmed it on Reddit just again.

Yeah, he also confirmed that non-clan players will get nothing. :fish_palm:

[EST]
[EST]
Players
745 posts
18,325 battles
50 minutes ago, Niibler said:

I'm also curious about that. My guess is that oil collected while in a clan will be counted, not sure how it can be counted if the player never was in one.

If my memory doesnt fail me then it was said at introduction of oil that only people in clan can collect/have it.