Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OddityNZ

Team Killer Status applied when PC Crashed

5 comments in this topic

[DK-]
Beta Tester
21 posts
4,996 battles

Hi Guys,

I thought that the team killer status was only applied if you were genuinely AFK or left the game mid battle, But that if you PC crashed before you loaded in etc then that status wouldn't apply as it would recognize the difference ?

Evidently after this happened to me today it isn't the case, I think I overestimated the logic based system that is used to identify the difference in these cases but obviously not.

Quite a Shame really as if I D/C in a game with a raid instance but manage to log back in even after the event is finished or a wipe at least I don't get penalized for it other than a roasting by my in game teammates.

Please bear in mind that I pressed the Battle button and it crashed (It was the new windows update's fault......)

Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards

OddityNZ

Players
773 posts
12,271 battles

Even if it was an issue by a piece of software junk unrelated to the game, from the WoWS server perspective you were already assigned to a battle and didn't move for its whole duration, so AFK. It's a harsh algorithm, true, and should be adjusted for detecting the amount of package drops a disconnection generates, although that would give some people a way to bypass the penalty for rage-quitting by simply plugging off the cable. And, as you've experienced yourself, being pink isn't teamkill/team damage only anymore but other "unsportsmanlike conducts" also apply.

Windows updates are a mess, particularily after the introduction of Windows 10 and it's rolling system. You could schedule when you wanted those done in previous versions (the same goes for Linux, where you can use the new version of everything but the kernel immediately) or even activate the task manually when you were sure you wouldn't be doing anything else.

Salute.

Players
1,752 posts
9,924 battles

You probably turned pink because you were afk for the whole match. If you've managed to get back in after, say you got d/c due to internet connection,  you probably would have been penalized, provided you weren't dead by then. Basically if you die without doing anything you will also turn pink now, like what Estaca has said. It is not limited to just doing team damage.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,250 posts
6,795 battles
49 minutes ago, OddityNZ said:

you PC crashed before you loaded in

• Was your ship present in the battle? Yes
  • Did you play the battle? No
  • Were you AFK? Yes

Pretty simple, isn't it? WG (or the game to be more precise) doesn't know if you went AFK intentionally or your mom pulled out the internet cable bcuz it's too late and you have to go to sleep, it's as simple as "you were AFK = penalty is applied"

It's 2 god damn games as a pink and you're back to normal, I don't get what you all are whining about?

[DK-]
Beta Tester
21 posts
4,996 battles

Thanks for the Feedback guys, I think I just overestimated the Logic Algorithm like you said in the first post.

Also its three Games your Pink for, Which can be all the games that I play in an evening sometimes ;)

Sign in to follow this