You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ukio

Winrate on stats - how is this even possible?

77 comments in this topic

[OV]
Players
58 posts
6,318 battles

A question from me - the most average player.

How is this win rate even possible? Do they play only Ranked/In division?

Even if you are in division on Random - if you get matched with a couple of idiots - you loose no matter what. And, at least to me, this happens 60-70% of the time.

Recently, I have noticed, that if I do not make >100K dmg, my team looses almost all the time.

image.png.7f80081a6f4ec310fe9d79f1a3d9efb6.png

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

Really good players (also some reroll accs there) + division. Damage isn't the biggest factor (as one can just sit in back and farm dmg, while giving close to 0 help to the team - which is nowdays meta), its playing for objectives, knowing how to position, when to push and when to kite, and on top of all, how and which ship to shoot at.

EDIT: And of course there are situations where you (or your division) can do exceptionally well, but 9 other players in your game still throw the game in a spectacular way

• Cool 2

[DSW]
Players
3,784 posts
7,726 battles

divisioning with other exceptional players, mostly. Bonus points if have a superbly skilled CV in said div (and/or are one yourself). Then pick the right ship comps for the div and you're set for that kind of winrate.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
14,639 posts
10,869 battles

These are division stats, not solo stats.

It is extremly hard to get 74%+ solo, and many of these players specialize in one ship.

The first account is a reroll who does 80% of his games in a Hiruyu in a division.

• Cool 4

[BLITZ]
Players
2,064 posts
9,086 battles

Skilled Saipan + Belfast + Leningrad (for example) can easily give you a winrate of 90% and above. 

• Cool 1

[OV]
Players
58 posts
6,318 battles

But the division is limited to 3 players.

If you "Random" , there is 50-50 chance you get matched with lesser players.

Let's say you negate all this with "good play", you will still lose 25% of the games, because it does not matter how good you are - 3 idiots in the team can throw any game.

I just had ~12 games lost in a row. Half of them I did over 100K, captured points,...well played fairly well. Sill lost, meaning I got matched all the time with the weekend morons.

Of course this is all assumption. 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,199 posts
6,775 battles

Division of 3 highly skilled players, this acc is a re-roll, he's playing nothing but CVs, always in a 3-man division, other 2 presumably bring heavy AA ships or some other broken stuff (like the previously mentioned Payfast)

CV has massive impact on the game, especially if you can dominate over the enemy CV with your 2 AA ships. A division without CVs wouldn't be able to get that high WR, only CVs allow for that

Also keep in mind that thos guys usually have around 65...70% WR individually, not even talking about when you put them together (it's well known that division amplifies your performance - good players will do even better, bad players even worse)

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles
1 minute ago, Hades_warrior said:

What do you mean here?

Its basically when a player has, lets say 5-6-7k battles, earns the needed skills to play the game, but isn't happy with his stats and feels like they aren't mirroring his skill appropriately so he creates an another account to grind all over again but with better stats and continues playing on it.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
53 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

These are division stats, not solo stats.

It is extremly hard to get 74%+ solo, and many of these players specialize in one ship.

The first account is a reroll who does 80% of his games in a Hiruyu in a division.

you mean 65%+ solo?

[SPAM-]
Players
10,785 posts
7,534 battles
47 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Skilled Saipan + Belfast + Leningrad (for example) can easily give you a winrate of 90% and above. 

DD Pan-Asia T7 + Atlantard + Lolfast is better. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
3 minutes ago, Troublemaker_CRO said:

Its basically when a player has, lets say 5-6-7k battles, earns the needed skills to play the game, but isn't happy with his stats and feels like they aren't mirroring his skill appropriately so he creates an another account to grind all over again but with better stats and continues playing on it.

Ah, clone accounts.

So thats why Flamu have multiple accounts :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,190 posts
11,899 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

For a healthy winrate, bring a balanced division :Smile_trollface:

And be 3 Super Unicum players with great teamwork.

Unicums are OP, plz nerf!!1!

I'd say a good start would be to disallow divisions once your division or single win rate exceeds 65%. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[FDUSH]
Players
1,117 posts
6,582 battles

Hey, It's not true that you need to be in divisions to get a decent winrate. I have like 78% of victories in Zuiho and only played like... 20 battles in divisions (1% of all the battles I have with it).

Also, who in the world would re-roll an account? It takes lots of time and effort to have one decent captain. And without mention grind all the way to tier X again.

[HOME]
Players
749 posts
7,536 battles
1 hour ago, Sargento_YO said:

Hey, It's not true that you need to be in divisions to get a decent winrate. I have like 78% of victories in Zuiho and only played like... 20 battles in divisions (1% of all the battles I have with it).

Also, who in the world would re-roll an account? It takes lots of time and effort to have one decent captain. And without mention grind all the way to tier X again.

They did mention being good at playing CVs, mate. :cap_rambo:Sealclubbing in a CV.... Now thats dirty. :Smile-_tongue:

Who would re-roll? Usually egoistic little tryhards who have to be the best no matter the cost.:Smile_popcorn:

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles
46 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Unicums are OP, plz nerf!!1!

I'd say a good start would be to disallow divisions once your division or single win rate exceeds 65%. :Smile_trollface:

I would have agreed 5 minutes ago, but I just checked my alt account and realized, I would disqualify myself from division play. ^^

So yeah, no thanks. It may take a while, but seals who get clubbed often get used to getting clubbed after a couple dozen times. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles
26 minutes ago, DJ_Die said:

They did mention being good at playing CVs, mate. :cap_rambo:Sealclubbing in a CV.... Now thats dirty. :Smile-_tongue:

Whou would re-roll? Usually egoistic little tryhards who have to be the best no matter the cost.:Smile_popcorn:

Since I don’t even give a flying frak about  stats, my motivation was to have something to grind, kinda a distraction from the daily captain xp grind, which can get pretty boring over time. So starting a new account was quite refreshing and revisiting old ships and lines and play them for more than one or two games like I would on my main account quite fun. 

But yeah, quite a number of players  follow the WoT way of life any re-roll for stats, because nobody gets respected if the color is red, orange and yellow. 

[PLO]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,411 posts
54 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

Some people do that. Leader of one biggest polish clans did it twice already, his current account  is the third one.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,759 posts
10,656 battles
2 hours ago, Ukio said:

A question from me - the most average player.

How is this win rate even possible? Do they play only Ranked/In division?

Even if you are in division on Random - if you get matched with a couple of idiots - you loose no matter what. And, at least to me, this happens 60-70% of the time.

Recently, I have noticed, that if I do not make >100K dmg, my team looses almost all the time.

image.png.7f80081a6f4ec310fe9d79f1a3d9efb6.png

3-people division of 3 REALLY good players, one of them in a CV (the others probably specced for AA since they know for sure that they'll meet enemy CV).

In fact, let's take the first guy from your list.

1140 battles at 90,44% winrate.

If you filter only for solo, you end up with

145 battles at 76,55% winrate. Out of these 145 battles

- 58 are in Hosho (t4 CV)

- 29 in Zuiho (t5 CV)

- 20 in Hiryu (t7 CV)

- 12 in Myogi (t4 BB)

- 11 in Kawachi (t3 BB)

There are also less than 9 matches in Ryujo, Tenryu, Chikuma and Shokaku

This guy also has 100 battles in 2-people division and 895 battles in 3-people division.

Overall he has 816 battles in Hiryu, 92 in Taiho, 74 in Hosho. These are the only three ships he played more than 50 battles in.

What does this all tell us? Well, the answer is extremely simple:

1. Re-roll. This is a player who learned to play and practiced a lot. And then made a new account to get as good stats as he possibly could.

2. Division player. This guy has played 895 battles in 3-people division and 145 solo - plus almost all of his solo matches are in low tiers

3. CV player. He only played enough ships of other classes to get to the IJN CVs. Then he never looked back.

Basically, this is a very good CV player - one that would most certainly be (super)unicum even if he played normally. But on top of that he does not play normally - he almost doesn't touch the game without a unicum division and he went so far as to start all over to erase the past when he was learning to play the game. Basically, this is a guy that plays the system as much as possible to get the best possible winrate - and he has some serious skill to back these trick up. The results are, understandably, spectacular.

I don't have time nor energy to perform similar analysis of another players on the list, but most of them most likely share a lot of things with the first guy (especially the other guy with below 2k battles, he also definitely looks like a re-roll). Those with lots of battles (and a bit lower WR%) probably aren't re-rolls but they are also primarily division-players and/or CV players, I can almost (I didn't look into their stats to get rid of "almost") guarantee that :Smile-_tongue:

PS:

One more thing. I've already said that but let me repeat to avoid misunderstandings: they are objectively great players. Their "impossible" winrates are the result of playing in divisions (often CV divisions) but such "tricks" won't get you anywhere near these numbers if you don't have actual unicum-grade skill to back said "tricks" up. I certainly wouldn't mind having any of these guys in my team, even if they by mistake clicked "Battle" without joining their usual divisionmantes :Smile-_tongue: And, likewise, any of them would be a fearsome opponent - even playing solo - if seen on the enemy team.

• Cool 5

[TIPC]
Players
237 posts
10,112 battles

Heh so these poor guys have to re-roll again when the CV revork hits,"allmost" feel sorry for them:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 3

Weekend Tester
612 posts
10 minutes ago, Bmsrt said:

Heh so these poor guys have to re-roll again when the CV revork hits,"allmost" feel sorry for them:Smile_teethhappy:

Spoiler

Screen_Shot_2018-03-07_at_2.08.13_PM.png

Players
33 posts
171 battles

Even the strongest of ships sink. Divisions of poor players are multiplicative of poor play.

Positioning skills, knowing where to be 5 minutes from now so that you'll consistently be able to catch the enemy off guard however... that's the true skill. 

[WONLY]
Players
193 posts

This just shows the balance of CVs in this game. I'm glad the rework is coming.

Nr. 5 on this list is hands down the best CV player i ever met (i think he changed his nickname, the old one was "OceanKiss", maybe some of you remember this guy). And i am super unicum in CV myself. He even has 80%+ solo winrate across ALL TIERS.

But yeah, most of these accounts are rerolls for sure, the others just TripleUnicum-Div only players.