Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

DDs stuff and advices

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[L4GG]
Players
1,546 posts
6,270 battles

Hi, guys.

 

So, I'm a Cruiser main, and I don't like BBs.

 Very recently, I achieve one of my main goals...Bismark. The  only thing worth of that line it's Gneise and Bismark, the others suck. So I'm not planning to go any further or to have any more BBs (maybe Amagi, but I'm not prepared to do that again. (More than an year to reach Bismark).

So , BBs wise, it's closed.

A time ago I started the US line, and I reached t5? I don't remember, well I didn't like it. They are gun boats but the guns just suck balls.

when I play dd I tend to not shoot (that I learn with US dds), I try to get by unnoticed. Sometimes when rushed In my smoke I tend to brawl even what I shouldn't.

I know, iknow.

Ijn Line

what are the Highlights? what are the turds?

 

German Line? same thing

 

RU Line? same thing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OV]
Players
58 posts
6,326 battles

So far Tier8 Chinese DD - sux, but I am not too good player, so it might be me.

Japanese DDs I quit long time ago at Tier9, I think now they are a bit better.

But in general - DON'T! 

You will get frustrated when loosing 10 games in a row, because somebody pressed 1 button (Radar) and deleted you from the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,577 posts
7,340 battles

RU gunboats are all about shooting fast and sailing faster. Basically they are in two states, spotted or sinking. Tier 5 should give you glimpse of that gameplay, tier 6 is okay but powercrept by her own sister ships in Chinese service, Kiev and Udaloi are hightier highlights IMO and Khaba is ultimate salt mining enterprise.

 

Ze Germans are on paper multipurpose destroyers with lots of hitpoints and Hydro from tier 6 onward. Tier 6 and 8 can mount 15cm guns which are of acquired taste - slow firing and extra damage they deal doesn't compensate for longer reload. Maass on other hand I find to be awesome, near 20k hp, 5 rapid firing guns and competent torps render Mahan obsolete.

 

IJN as dedicated torp boats with repeatedly nerfed torps, one trick ponies doesn't exactly work when almost every other DD line can stealth torp too AND pack gunpower advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,074 posts
11,057 battles
49 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Ijn: Highlight Kagero and Shima, turd maybe the Yugumo or the akatsuki (didn't play her as I already was at t9).

You didn't play the Akatsuki, yet you claim she may be a turd? My experience says otherwise, even though the concealment could be better.

Akatsuki is a definite upgrade to the Fubuki, combining good fast reloading torps with decent self defense guns. With a dedicated captain the ship works almost like a torp oriented Blyska.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,224 posts
6,782 battles
39 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

turd maybe the akatsuki

No, just no. Well, if you play Akatsuki as a torp boat - yes. Play her as a gunboat, she's excellent at that

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,389 posts
7,746 battles

If you want to play good torpedoboats, you probably should play USN or Pan-Asia...

 

If you don't like gunboats, skip RU.

I also don't recommend Germans, but it is more like a taste thing. Them guns just lack punch for my taste. Weak HE and AP lacks pen.

 

Things change dramatically in T7+ with USN tree (They change into torpedoboats) and Pans are pretty good in all high tiers with torps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L4GG]
Players
1,546 posts
6,270 battles
6 minutes ago, Panocek said:

RU gunboats are all about shooting fast and sailing faster. Basically they are in two states, spotted or sinking. Tier 5 should give you glimpse of that gameplay, tier 6 is okay but powercrept by her own sister ships in Chinese service, Kiev and Udaloi are hightier highlights IMO and Khaba is ultimate salt mining enterprise.

 

Ze Germans are on paper multipurpose destroyers with lots of hitpoints and Hydro from tier 6 onward. Tier 6 and 8 can mount 15cm guns which are of acquired taste - slow firing and extra damage they deal doesn't compensate for longer reload. Maass on other hand I find to be awesome, near 20k hp, 5 rapid firing guns and competent torps render Mahan obsolete.

 

IJN as dedicated torp boats with repeatedly nerfed torps, one trick ponies doesn't exactly work when almost every other DD line can stealth torp too AND pack gunpower advantage.

yeah, I eared that before, gunpower advantage, but that gunpower was what made me went for US, they suck, single or dual pea shooters with slow reload.


Maybe I'm comparing those guns with the ones on my cruisers but ,oh man, they suck.

I think my game style (if we can call such a thing as game style) it's closer from what I saw from IJN ones. There were battles were I didn't shot a single time in all battle and I was supposedly in a gun boat .what Clemson do or Nicholas or the others do I do it better with my cruisers.

 

I have the T-Lima one I'm planning to go back and start all over again, I need to do that.

 

RU dds must suffer the same from what RU cruisers suffer (high detection and short range torps), they are awesome quick but how's the guns?

 

german dds, tank you, duly noticed.

 

43 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Ijn: Highlight Kagero and Shima, turd maybe the Yugumo or the akatsuki (didn't play her as I already was at t9).

Akatsuki?

No, I know what it can do, I treat them as they were  cruisers, they are nasty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
961 posts
4,865 battles

I put the maybe there for a reason. Also because t7dds are not in a good spot in general. The ijn dd tree is highly homogenous which makes the playstyle quite easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

i am a dd/ca player and i highly recommend pan asian dd. they have excellent torps which are hardly noticed with excellent firepower to win any dd gunfight and very good concealment (only ijn have better concealment, but not by far)

highlights: gadjah madah, chung mu and yueyang.

turds: are there any? maybe t5 or something lower.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SWTP]
Players
387 posts
6,469 battles

You need to shoot with low tier USA DDs. From T8 they are great torpedo boats as well. Watch some replays on youtube by flamu or flambass. or whoever. Pan Asians are good as well, IJNs are one trick pony,  you get spotted by the other DD you are often dead.  Some Germans are great but bigger and slower usually. You can try high tier DDs free on a test server to get the feeling and decide which fits your playstyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,890 posts
5,016 battles

I am up to Kagero on the IJN line and Shiratsuyu on alt, so, I won't comment much on Shima, Yugumo or Akizuki, though I think I never heard anyone say Akizuki was not a nice ship and I'm looking forward to it.

 

For highlights... I'd say it depends. Personally, I rate the Minekaze, Fubuki, Akatsuki and Kagero highly so far. For turds, my picks would be the Hatsuharu, Mutsuki and I do not quite like Shiratsuyu, but that's more of a personal thing, I guess, as many will claim Shiratsuyu is a great ship.

 

Fubuki and Akatsuki both get the very versatile 3x3 torp setup, which for their tier is the best setup there is (and you kind of wish later DDs had the same), as it has fast reload and allows for more options in how you spread out torpedoes or for keeping some torpedoes in reserve. Minekaze and Akatsuki I rate highly for the okish guns for their tier. You won't use them as your main tool, hopefully, but when you have to, they aren't that bad. Kagero is nice for its 5.4 km concealment. My low opinion of the Hatsuharu stems from it being in the same tier as Fubuki and basically getting negligibly better guns and maneuverability and concealment for losing a torp launcher and some health. As it is way harder to try make that concealment work in your favour than just doing torp walls, the ship felt underwhelming. Mutsuki has 2 guns which have decent ballistics but aren't going to really kill anything. Felt too limited. Shiratsuyu I rate this low, because its main advantage over Akatsuki is the concealment and turning qualities. Otherwise, it is slower, it has less torpedoes, less guns, less hp and the option to trade smoke for TRB to get occasional 16 torp spreads. Which is nice, but too gimmicky for my taste, as I prefer consistency. And as a T7, when you meet T8 and T9 your concealment is worth nothing and your lack of smoke, speed and hp is just going to get you killed.

 

16 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

yeah, I eared that before, gunpower advantage, but that gunpower was what made me went for US, they suck, single or dual pea shooters with slow reload.

IJN reload is pretty terrible. If you think you'll be better off with them, no. The reload up to Fubuki is typically two digit numbers, then it becomes 7.5 for akatsuki, 7 I think for Kagero and only gets 5 and something for Yugumo and Shima. When the Gearing pumps out shells at almost twice the speed. IJN guns have a bad reputation for a reason. The only allround good IJN guns are the 10 cm Type 98 of the Akizuki and Harekaze, which combine reload with favourable ballistics, acceptable turret traverse and count as AA ontop. The rest typically has only good ballistics, average damage per shell, but poor reload and traverse speed, which contrasts with the USN who have poor ballistics at range, but good reload and traverse speed. That's what makes USN the knife fighters as they get close and shred other DDs. IJN has the best chances to get out when it tries to kite and use its better shell ballistics to get more effective hits on target.

22 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

I think my game style (if we can call such a thing as game style) it's closer from what I saw from IJN ones. There were battles were I didn't shot a single time in all battle and I was supposedly in a gun boat .what Clemson do or Nicholas or the others do I do it better with my cruisers.

Cruisers have citadels and worse concealment. Also no superior smoke screen. Yes, they have more dpm, but it still is not a DD. And IJN DDs basically only will allow you to torp. Their main means of contesting caps is going in, counting on stealth advantage, running off if they get pressured.

25 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

RU dds must suffer the same from what RU cruisers suffer (high detection and short range torps), they are awesome quick but how's the guns?

 

german dds, tank you, duly noticed.

RU guns are good at range. Especially later on, you are like a very light cruiser. You depend on setting fires a bit more than cruisers, because the HE pen is not going to beat high tier BB armour, but hitting a high tier RU cruiser is easy compared to hitting a high tier RU DD with 40+ knot speed at 13 km away. You can pretty much gunboat in the open at times and be a pain in the rearend to the enemy, soak up potential damage, but you really cannot count on concealment. Concealment-wise, you are almost closer to British CLs than DDs.

 

Germans are hybrids. They have better guns than IJN, but worse torps and concealment. They can stealth torp comfortably though and get decent reload numbers. Especially high tier, where at the end Shima is a torp wall every few minutes and Z-52 is an almost constant stream of torpedoes.

 

As to PA DDs... it's other nation's DDs with TWDs most of the time. High tier, it's USN-style with the super stealth torps. 

34 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

I have the T-Lima one I'm planning to go back and start all over again, I need to do that.

Tachibana Lima sadly is not too iconic for IJN DD gameplay. The Tachibana has great guns, quick reload low damage torps, almost no stealth torp window. Only thing typical for IJN on it is the bad hp pool. Also, at T2, you get away with dumb stuff obviously. A Kagero will be hard-pressed to make similar plays with its frankly bad guns for its tier, slow reload (of lethal torps when they hit) and 4.6 km stealth torp window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L4GG]
Players
1,546 posts
6,270 battles
16 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

You need to shoot with low tier USA DDs. From T8 they are great torpedo boats as well. Watch some replays on youtube by flamu or flambass. or whoever. Pan Asians are good as well, IJNs are one trick pony,  you get spotted by the other DD you are often dead.  Some Germans are great but bigger and slower usually. You can try high tier DDs free on a test server to get the feeling and decide which fits your playstyle.

 

I already saw videos. thank you. and how I do that?:Smile_hiding:

17 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

I am up to Kagero on the IJN line and Shiratsuyu on alt, so, I won't comment much on Shima, Yugumo or Akizuki, though I think I never heard anyone say Akizuki was not a nice ship and I'm looking forward to it.

 

For highlights... I'd say it depends. Personally, I rate the Minekaze, Fubuki, Akatsuki and Kagero highly so far. For turds, my picks would be the Hatsuharu, Mutsuki and I do not quite like Shiratsuyu, but that's more of a personal thing, I guess, as many will claim Shiratsuyu is a great ship.

 

Fubuki and Akatsuki both get the very versatile 3x3 torp setup, which for their tier is the best setup there is (and you kind of wish later DDs had the same), as it has fast reload and allows for more options in how you spread out torpedoes or for keeping some torpedoes in reserve. Minekaze and Akatsuki I rate highly for the okish guns for their tier. You won't use them as your main tool, hopefully, but when you have to, they aren't that bad. Kagero is nice for its 5.4 km concealment. My low opinion of the Hatsuharu stems from it being in the same tier as Fubuki and basically getting negligibly better guns and maneuverability and concealment for losing a torp launcher and some health. As it is way harder to try make that concealment work in your favour than just doing torp walls, the ship felt underwhelming. Mutsuki has 2 guns which have decent ballistics but aren't going to really kill anything. Felt too limited. Shiratsuyu I rate this low, because its main advantage over Akatsuki is the concealment and turning qualities. Otherwise, it is slower, it has less torpedoes, less guns, less hp and the option to trade smoke for TRB to get occasional 16 torp spreads. Which is nice, but too gimmicky for my taste, as I prefer consistency. And as a T7, when you meet T8 and T9 your concealment is worth nothing and your lack of smoke, speed and hp is just going to get you killed.

 

IJN reload is pretty terrible. If you think you'll be better off with them, no. The reload up to Fubuki is typically two digit numbers, then it becomes 7.5 for akatsuki, 7 I think for Kagero and only gets 5 and something for Yugumo and Shima. When the Gearing pumps out shells at almost twice the speed. IJN guns have a bad reputation for a reason. The only allround good IJN guns are the 10 cm Type 98 of the Akizuki and Harekaze, which combine reload with favourable ballistics, acceptable turret traverse and count as AA ontop. The rest typically has only good ballistics, average damage per shell, but poor reload and traverse speed, which contrasts with the USN who have poor ballistics at range, but good reload and traverse speed. That's what makes USN the knife fighters as they get close and shred other DDs. IJN has the best chances to get out when it tries to kite and use its better shell ballistics to get more effective hits on target.

Cruisers have citadels and worse concealment. Also no superior smoke screen. Yes, they have more dpm, but it still is not a DD. And IJN DDs basically only will allow you to torp. Their main means of contesting caps is going in, counting on stealth advantage, running off if they get pressured.

RU guns are good at range. Especially later on, you are like a very light cruiser. You depend on setting fires a bit more than cruisers, because the HE pen is not going to beat high tier BB armour, but hitting a high tier RU cruiser is easy compared to hitting a high tier RU DD with 40+ knot speed at 13 km away. You can pretty much gunboat in the open at times and be a pain in the rearend to the enemy, soak up potential damage, but you really cannot count on concealment. Concealment-wise, you are almost closer to British CLs than DDs.

 

Germans are hybrids. They have better guns than IJN, but worse torps and concealment. They can stealth torp comfortably though and get decent reload numbers. Especially high tier, where at the end Shima is a torp wall every few minutes and Z-52 is an almost constant stream of torpedoes.

 

As to PA DDs... it's other nation's DDs with TWDs most of the time. High tier, it's USN-style with the super stealth torps. 

Tachibana Lima sadly is not too iconic for IJN DD gameplay. The Tachibana has great guns, quick reload low damage torps, almost no stealth torp window. Only thing typical for IJN on it is the bad hp pool. Also, at T2, you get away with dumb stuff obviously. A Kagero will be hard-pressed to make similar plays with its frankly bad guns for its tier, slow reload (of lethal torps when they hit) and 4.6 km stealth torp window.

 

you know, back then when I started in US dds, many times while I was being focus or firing left and right, engaging multiple targets with those peas shooters , and I saw those IJNs concealed gliding majestically through the waves without a single worry in their minds.

Sometimes it was a IJN dd that went in to correct the mess I had done.

And in every single battle I made with my Clemson i wanted to trade my ship for the IJN dd. Yes I could shoot a lot of times but if I did shoot my concealment was gone and I could shred the other dd but for what? to be shred myself after? so...

Apart from Knives fights when they can afford, desperation, hit the citadel when the situation allow it, reset the cap or blowing the repair party  of another ship which other situation a dd fires it's guns? to lure the other ship into torps.

I could be wrong but that what I've observed. In a cruiser it's the opposite the guns are there to be able to live, the torps are there for an emergency.

Rushing a bb or two in that ship was brutal I had to hang on under fire for 1 km until I release my torps, yes rushing, because concealment it's awful.

That my cruisers do it much better, any of them. And the guns are way better.

that I tend to follow leaving the other dd for the cruisers. then cap.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,577 posts
7,340 battles
2 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

yeah, I eared that before, gunpower advantage, but that gunpower was what made me went for US, they suck, single or dual pea shooters with slow reload.


Maybe I'm comparing those guns with the ones on my cruisers but ,oh man, they suck.

I think my game style (if we can call such a thing as game style) it's closer from what I saw from IJN ones. There were battles were I didn't shot a single time in all battle and I was supposedly in a gun boat .what Clemson do or Nicholas or the others do I do it better with my cruisers.

 

I have the T-Lima one I'm planning to go back and start all over again, I need to do that.

 

RU dds must suffer the same from what RU cruisers suffer (high detection and short range torps), they are awesome quick but how's the guns?

 

german dds, tank you, duly noticed.

 

Akatsuki?

No, I know what it can do, I treat them as they were  cruisers, they are nasty. 

If you expect large number of hard hitting guns you're looking at wrong class to begin with. USN "gunpower" from tier 5 onwards comes from 4-5 guns with 4s reload or faster, with T10 Gearing being "pinnacle" here with 6 guns at 3s reload. Compared to 4-6 IJN guns with reload varying between 10s to 6.5s, yea, USN have volume of fire advantage. RU DD guns don't hit harder than USN/IJN guns, but their high velocity combined with actual gun range makes long range shelling worthwile, while at short ranges being outgunned by USN - typical reload for russian 130mm is 5s and only from tier 8 (Kiev) you get actually meaningful amount of guns, topping at Khaba with 8 guns.

 

Primary purpose of gunboats is bullying other destroyers, usually on cap zones.Obviously, team support have greater impact so IJN DD with actual backup is going to win firefight against sole USN/Ger DD

 

Killing bigger boats with those peashooters is usually long term endeavor. "Oh so op" Kebab usually requires half of the battle to burn down single battleship that actually knows how to manage fires and heals on her own. If broadside is present and AP are loaded, its bit another matter tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L4GG]
Players
1,546 posts
6,270 battles
3 hours ago, Panocek said:

If you expect large number of hard hitting guns you're looking at wrong class to begin with. USN "gunpower" from tier 5 onwards comes from 4-5 guns with 4s reload or faster, with T10 Gearing being "pinnacle" here with 6 guns at 3s reload. Compared to 4-6 IJN guns with reload varying between 10s to 6.5s, yea, USN have volume of fire advantage. RU DD guns don't hit harder than USN/IJN guns, but their high velocity combined with actual gun range makes long range shelling worthwile, while at short ranges being outgunned by USN - typical reload for russian 130mm is 5s and only from tier 8 (Kiev) you get actually meaningful amount of guns, topping at Khaba with 8 guns.

 

Primary purpose of gunboats is bullying other destroyers, usually on cap zones.Obviously, team support have greater impact so IJN DD with actual backup is going to win firefight against sole USN/Ger DD

 

Killing bigger boats with those peashooters is usually long term endeavor. "Oh so op" Kebab usually requires half of the battle to burn down single battleship that actually knows how to manage fires and heals on her own. If broadside is present and AP are loaded, its bit another matter tho.

Khabba, fletcher, gearing I watched them.

I did sunk some of the great ones, Kidds, Akatsukis, bensons, etc.

the only that eludes me still it's the t8 german one.

all of them are great, probably the Akatsuki it's the most common and from an adversary point of view it deserves my respect, it's an formidable ship as well as all the others are.

But to get to those we must  catch the Clemson and similar pea shooters, first.

But thanks to you all, I've got an idea for what it's each line.

t-lima it's a good ship, lots of fun, very forgiven ship, I know  a ship like this there's few.

But from I learned from the cruisers lines there's more. always are.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,577 posts
7,340 battles
56 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Khabba, fletcher, gearing I watched them.

I did sunk some of the great ones, Kidds, Akatsukis, bensons, etc.

the only that eludes me still it's the t8 german one.

all of them are great, probably the Akatsuki it's the most common and from an adversary point of view it deserves my respect, it's an formidable ship as well as all the others are.

But to get to those we must  catch the Clemson and similar pea shooters, first.

But thanks to you all, I've got an idea for what it's each line.

t-lima it's a good ship, lots of fun, very forgiven ship, I know  a ship like this there's few.

But from I learned from the cruisers lines there's more. always are.

 

 

 

Z-23 have hard time outgunning IJN destroyers even, 5x 15cm guns doesn't exactly shine with DPM. They do however deliver considerable damage against broadside targets with AP (including cruiser citadels up to 8km). Torps are solid, reasonably quick reloading and very fast, even if they lack in boom department. 6.2km detection is main issue, you're 400m behind Benson and 800m behind Kagero/Hentaikaze, which can be fatal during early cap contests. Even tier higher Z-46 have 300m advantage and her 6 quick reloading 12.8cm guns will outdpm Z-23 hard.

 

IFHE actually works for her, as with this skill you can damage 32mm plating commonly used on battleboats. Hightier cruisers can be disturbed as well, DD that actually deals damage to them. Consistently.

If you look for competitive boat, its not the one. She is certainly case of acquired taste, if not straight up challenge to play. Still, I had blast with her, even if it was bumpy at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,890 posts
5,016 battles
5 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

 

I already saw videos. thank you. and how I do that?:Smile_hiding:

 

you know, back then when I started in US dds, many times while I was being focus or firing left and right, engaging multiple targets with those peas shooters , and I saw those IJNs concealed gliding majestically through the waves without a single worry in their minds.

Sometimes it was a IJN dd that went in to correct the mess I had done.

And in every single battle I made with my Clemson i wanted to trade my ship for the IJN dd. Yes I could shoot a lot of times but if I did shoot my concealment was gone and I could shred the other dd but for what? to be shred myself after? so...

Apart from Knives fights when they can afford, desperation, hit the citadel when the situation allow it, reset the cap or blowing the repair party  of another ship which other situation a dd fires it's guns? to lure the other ship into torps.

I could be wrong but that what I've observed. In a cruiser it's the opposite the guns are there to be able to live, the torps are there for an emergency.

Rushing a bb or two in that ship was brutal I had to hang on under fire for 1 km until I release my torps, yes rushing, because concealment it's awful.

That my cruisers do it much better, any of them. And the guns are way better.

that I tend to follow leaving the other dd for the cruisers. then cap.

 

 

 

Cap contesting is never easy, but typically, you are in a better position to do it in an US DD than an IJN one. You always have to watch out for the support both sides have at the cap, but typically you should master approaching with terrain covering some flanks to not be shot at from all sides and with an exit strategy in mind. If you do, you can shred any enemy DD. If you survive on half hp and the enemy doesn't, then already you managed to accomplish something. I don't play USN DD really, but that's what I gather from the few gunboaty DDs the IJN line has.

 

For getting damage on larger ships, use smoke or islands. 

1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

Khabba, fletcher, gearing I watched them.

I did sunk some of the great ones, Kidds, Akatsukis, bensons, etc.

the only that eludes me still it's the t8 german one.

all of them are great, probably the Akatsuki it's the most common and from an adversary point of view it deserves my respect, it's an formidable ship as well as all the others are.

But to get to those we must  catch the Clemson and similar pea shooters, first.

But thanks to you all, I've got an idea for what it's each line.

t-lima it's a good ship, lots of fun, very forgiven ship, I know  a ship like this there's few.

But from I learned from the cruisers lines there's more. always are.

 

 

 

I have the suspicion you mix up the Akatsuki (T7 IJN DDof the main line) with the Akizuki (T8 IJN DD of the alt line). The Akatsuki has decent guns, yes, but it is still a torp boat. Akizuki is almost a light cruiser with 8 rapid firing 10 cm guns. They are two quite different ships, though both deserve respect if played well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
336 posts
4,811 battles

IJN Line:

Good - Shiratsuyu, Akizuki, Yugumo, Shima.

Bad - Mutsuki (Pathetic firepower. Worse even than t2 DD`s), Kagero (it`s okay-ish, but it suffers because of t8-10 mm bracket)

 

Germany:

Good - V-25, Z-23 46 52, the one with 150`s

Bad - dunno really, they are all mediocre before t8, but none of them suck too hard.

 

US:

I gave up at t6.

Guns have terrible arcs, but US DD`s are in general very self-sufficent (Defensive AA), and useful for their teams.

 

RU:

I`m at Gnevny atm, and i like it.

mid tiers are rather underwhelming though.

 

PA:

Good - Longjiang, Shenyang (t4), Gadjah Mada

Bad - none of them is particularly weak, but PA DD`s suffer from inability to torpedo DD`s therefore they are not as useful for domination games as other DD`s.

Also t8-10 have an US DD guns, and their arcs.

On the other hand you can stay in smoke almost indefinitely.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SWTP]
Players
387 posts
6,469 battles

If you asked me how to test at test server it is possible only during oprn public tests of next update, look out when public tests are announced in news. You will need to download public test client and set up a new separate test account. It is worth the trouble.  You will start at high tier with lots of silver, gold and progress is very quick with reduced requirements.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
4,194 posts
11,706 battles
12 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

So, I'm a Cruiser main, and I don't like BBs.

Don't play BB's that much: maybe to get the "know thy foe experience" play some lines in a calm pace. But stick to cruisers if you like them better. Heck: this game is in dire need of well abled cruiser players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,074 posts
11,057 battles
3 hours ago, Infiriel said:

IJN Line:

Good - Shiratsuyu, Akizuki, Yugumo, Shima.

Bad - Mutsuki (Pathetic firepower. Worse even than t2 DD`s), Kagero (it`s okay-ish, but it suffers because of t8-10 mm bracket)

 

Germany:

Good - V-25, Z-23 46 52, the one with 150`s

Bad - dunno really, they are all mediocre before t8, but none of them suck too hard.

 

US:

I gave up at t6.

Guns have terrible arcs, but US DD`s are in general very self-sufficent (Defensive AA), and useful for their teams.

 

RU:

I`m at Gnevny atm, and i like it.

mid tiers are rather underwhelming though.

 

PA:

Good - Longjiang, Shenyang (t4), Gadjah Mada

Bad - none of them is particularly weak, but PA DD`s suffer from inability to torpedo DD`s therefore they are not as useful for domination games as other DD`s.

Also t8-10 have an US DD guns, and their arcs.

On the other hand you can stay in smoke almost indefinitely.

 

 

 

IJN

I've found Mutsuki guns better than the Minekaze. Since t5 is just a step up towards real boats both IJN DDs at tier can be forgotten after the grind.

 

Germany

Both Gaede and Z-23 have 150mm guns. On the Gaede they are a noob trap, on the Z-23 they are a necessity.

 

US

To my surprise I've found great pleasure in the Mahan. But the line requires a specific mindset to play well.

 

RU

Podvoisky is a turd. Bad guns and bad torps.

The mainline really starts at T7, where you go fast and pew pew others from max range with AFT.

The alternate line is a mixed bag, Ognevoi is really bad, Udaloi is ok, Grozovoi was so good no one played it.

 

PA

Gadjah is a really great ship, too great if you ask me. Yueyang with radar is very common in CBs.

But you must suffer through Jianwei or better called John Wayne, with bad guns and torps every fight is a duel to the death.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L4GG]
Players
1,546 posts
6,270 battles
17 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Don't play BB's that much: maybe to get the "know thy foe experience" play some lines in a calm pace. But stick to cruisers if you like them better. Heck: this game is in dire need of well abled cruiser players.

 

Yes, I know, don't worry about that i'll remain a cruiser main by far, my BB it's co-op and ops only.

4 hours ago, Riselotte said:

Cap contesting is never easy, but typically, you are in a better position to do it in an US DD than an IJN one. You always have to watch out for the support both sides have at the cap, but typically you should master approaching with terrain covering some flanks to not be shot at from all sides and with an exit strategy in mind. If you do, you can shred any enemy DD. If you survive on half hp and the enemy doesn't, then already you managed to accomplish something. I don't play USN DD really, but that's what I gather from the few gunboaty DDs the IJN line has.

 

yeah, I've got to get back to the basis for that, it's a very different ball game, you can be right in the middle of it, all hell breaks loose and you are fine until you aren't, very different from cruisers.

 

yes I mixed up the two the second can be very nasty

Quote

For getting damage on larger ships, use smoke or islands. 

I have the suspicion you mix up the Akatsuki (T7 IJN DDof the main line) with the Akizuki (T8 IJN DD of the alt line). The Akatsuki has decent guns, yes, but it is still a torp boat. Akizuki is almost a light cruiser with 8 rapid firing 10 cm guns. They are two quite different ships, though both deserve respect if played well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×