Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kenliero

Faith of Grozovoi?

22 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
2,384 posts
7,735 battles

What do you think they should do to Grozovoi?

Now they decreased amount of smokes to 1?..... Err?

Due to sluggish handling you can not really play it like dem Russian boats... Tweak rudder?

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles

Grozo rudder is good with 3.7s

may be 2-3 knots more

or best put Radar at slot 5

Dmg.con, Smoke, Engine boos, Rep.party , Radar  :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
660 posts
6,689 battles
11 minutes ago, _VAMPA_ said:

may be 2-3 knots more

or best put Radar at slot 5

Dmg.con, Smoke, Engine boos, Rep.party , Radar  :cap_haloween:

yes, and then make it fly....

• Funny 2

[TOXIC]
Players
1,149 posts
16,380 battles

My guess that Grozo with heal was way to strong so WG is now trying to keep that heal by sacrificing something else like smoke and engine boost so that it could "feel" balanced. Maybe standard hydro, not German one, would be a better choice than heal as it could help Grozo to fill more safe in his smoke? Maybe different torpedoes choice, 10km one which deal more damage and 13km+ which deal less damage? Well definitely more gun range, which she will got and that is a good thing.

Wonder if WG stick with DD armour change how will it affect Grozo but I think that buffing the ships before they decide what to do with DD armour is not a good idea.

[MJK]
Players
208 posts
7,255 battles
1 hour ago, Kenliero said:

Due to sluggish handling you can not really play it like dem Russian boats... Tweak rudder?

It would be fun to try it with different combos. It does need more range to gunboat in the open or higher speed better turningcircle. It needs better torps to play the stelthgame. I heard somewhere , Flambass?, that they were giving Groz heal and not radar. Range and Heal? Leave the rest as it is?

• Cool 1

[MJK]
Players
208 posts
7,255 battles
2 minutes ago, fumtu said:

My guess that Grozo with heal was way to strong so WG is now trying to keep that heal by sacrificing something else like smoke and engine boost so that it could "feel" balanced. Maybe standard hydro, not German one, would be a better choice than heal as it could help Grozo to fill more safe in his smoke? Maybe different torpedoes choice, 10km one which deal more damage and 13km+ which deal less damage? Well definitely more gun range, which she will got and that is a good thing.

Wonder if WG stick with DD armour change how will it affect Grozo but I think that buffing the ships before they decide what to do with DD armour is not a good idea.

Ok where did you hear that it was to stronk with heal? Im just curious. 

[TOXIC]
Players
1,149 posts
16,380 battles
2 minutes ago, Systergummi said:

Ok where did you hear that it was to stronk with heal? Im just curious. 

I said "MY GUESS" I didn't say that I know that for sure. But the fact is that just after WG decided to give Grozo a heal instead of radar they are reducing number of smokes and speed boosts. I doubt that they are doing that because she is underperforming.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,113 posts
18,134 battles

just a quickshot:

- tie 2 consumable slots together (via different hulls maybe?)

- 1st option: smoke and heal, buffed torps, gunrange unaltered

- 2nd option: def AA and speedboost, actual torps, buffed gunrange

... both combos nowhere else to be found? so u have something that makes her unique.

or simply buff her ability to AA (like even out midrange AA range up to maxrange AA range?), so make it even more AA dedicated. everything involving radar, hydro or one more consumable slot is over the top imo...

2 worthless cts (.... after 2nd shot edit :Smile_hiding:)

• Cool 1

[WGP2W]
Players
1,419 posts
9,943 battles

First, its not 1 but 2 since its must have permium consumable. 3 with SI skill.

Second, heal is ok, radar is already too much presented imo. I feel grozovoi is now unique, not bad at all.

Players
681 posts
19,906 battles

To me Grozo kind of never felt right playing; got it 3x times & sold it 3x times. to me seemed sluggish, bad accelleration, 10 kms range torps at T10(?????);easy to hit ship. I kind of figure: why bother playing Grozo while Gearing and YueYang around(!). Kind of regrettable since actually talking about "looks, graphically" I think Grozo is one the most impressive nice/cool ships to watch. But, mehhh, ships FEELS wrong.

Constructively, I add:

Seems Dolphin Princess (NA server) is one of the very highest skilled players and expert whereas Grozovoi concerned. That expert player wrote a good article on Reddit about present state of Grozovoi; go google it yourself: Reddit Grozovoi and Radar. Seems he advises 19-points skill setting for Grozo as follows: PT/AR/SI/SE/BFT/DE/AFT. Go read it yourself, so you getta know some present facts about Grozo.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,762 posts
10,656 battles
49 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

Seems he advises 19-points skill setting for Grozo as follows: PT/AR/SI/SE/BFT/DE/AFT. Go read it yourself, so you getta know some present facts about Grozo.

Maybe he's an expert on Grozovoi, but why the hell would I want to play Grozovoi without CE rather than a Khaba?

And even if it works, I'm certainly not going to put up with the frustration of playing a DD, ESPECIALLY one that is spotted a lot, without LS. No way in hell. This is the very definition of a wacky build for the ship. If the guy is really as good in his Grozo as you claim, sure, be it his way. But his playstyle is most certainly not something I'm willing to try and emulate, making his experiences and advice not very applicable to my situation.

EDIT:

One of the very best Grozovoi players? 63,3% solo winrate in Grozovoi is certainly impressive but I dobt it's THAT impressive. Sure, the guy allso has impressive "soft" stats but seeing the build, we're talking someone who plays it safer, gunboats from range quite a bit and sets things on fire a lot, so it's a much more damage-generating playstyle that usual (resulting in sky-high PR, of course).

Players
681 posts
19,906 battles
34 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

No CE??

lol, yes seems he does and indeed he proves to be some top-performer (expert) on Grozovoi; facts prove that. how does he play it: Clan? Division? Headphone voice-chat? i dunno, anyway he seems to perform very well. read the article he wrote.

(...but for me, as an average solo-random-player...mehhh...i decided to totally quit playing Grozo; how to buff it? I dont have the slightest idea! Can it be buffed succesfully, I realy wonder; only thing I liked about Grozo: it looks amazingly cool(!!), great special-camo, graphically great...but there it ends..for me, that is, lol)

[WGP2W]
Players
1,419 posts
9,943 battles

He cant be Grozovoi expert if he doesnt have emergency takeoff. That is so noob mistake.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,207 posts
8,885 battles
2 hours ago, _VAMPA_ said:

Since propulsion mod is kind of mandatory in CW, you are actually stuck with 4.x rudder. 

Combined with the bad turning radius, that feels like a brick. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,207 posts
8,885 battles
1 hour ago, Yaskaraxx said:

Seems he advises 19-points skill setting for Grozo as follows: PT/AR/SI/SE/BFT/DE/AFT. Go read it yourself, so you getta know some present facts about Grozo.

That setup is for Khaba-ish playstyle only. 

Why not just play the Khaba then? Seems stupid to me, to pick a hybrid then. 

Edit:

He says Grozo had faster AP with higher penetration. That is not correct. At 10km, actual flight time and penetration are almost identical. 

Also he says Khaba has bad concealment. Grozo without CE can't do crap either. Without CE it is no hybrid anymore. It is a worse Khaba. 

[UNICS]
Players
2,879 posts
12,074 battles
32 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

lol, yes seems he does and indeed he proves to be some top-performer (expert) on Grozovoi; facts prove that. how does he play it: Clan? Division? Headphone voice-chat? i dunno, anyway he seems to perform very well. read the article he wrote.

(...but for me, as an average solo-random-player...mehhh...i decided to totally quit playing Grozo; how to buff it? I dont have the slightest idea! Can it be buffed succesfully, I realy wonder; only thing I liked about Grozo: it looks amazingly cool(!!), great special-camo, graphically great...but there it ends..for me, that is, lol)

I read it. He brought up the main fear I had about radar Grozo, not as a cap contestant but as a pure dd hunter, as it seems nearly impossible to escape if spotted and without support near, due to speed, guns and radar. Radar is off again, so seems good.

I get that WG is trying to buff it as a dd hunter. It's larger than most dds and other dds are better as cap contestants. It's quite fast and seems to have good-great guns. Heal might be the way to go. Seems like a good counter to the slightly too powerful YY who can't torp it.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,384 posts
7,735 battles

Good points there.

Also, I stand corrected. Rudder is not really that bad, turning radius is weak.

I personally think they should try to make it more like "Sluggish smoke shooting DD, almost like Russian Akizuki", maybe with Hydro to compensate slow acceleration and long turning radius? (So that you could actually dodge some torpedoes, which is the main weakness of Grozo) instead of just trying to make it another Khaba. Like some people said, we already have Khaba for that.

EDIT: If they want "Another Khaba", it needs better turning radius. It's too sluggish now.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,193 posts
11,899 battles

I always thought of the Grozovia as a ('true DD') torpedo boat that has some dakka dakka capability in contrast to the Khaba that isn't a DD at all and should neither be labelled nor matchmaked as such. Having said so I would try to strengthen the Grozo torpedo boat role, e.g. be giving her better torps.

Sign in to follow this