Baghack

Make consumables visible before purchase

11 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
11,785 battles

World of Warships is one of the most expensive games, I’ve ever played. This is due a calculated game mechanic which makes it impossible to make any kind of meaningful progress, unless you spend a lot of money.

The time consuming and inherent valet wreaking potential of the game emphasizes the gravity of the choices you have to make, when investing in a new ship.

And here is the problem.

YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE THE SHIP to see its consumables and upgrades. Or waste your time looking it up on youtube and similar places.

Even the premium shop does not provide this essential information or any other kind of useful information on ships for sale. Unless you use the clunky link that transport you away from the game to a wiki page.

Please Wargaming, make is possible to see what you are actually buying, before you buy it.

At the moment a lot of people are asking about radar and range due to the introduction of ships with this ability. Just think how nice and friendly it would be, if everyone could look it up in their tech tree.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,747 posts
10,882 battles

Oh, going for the Wiki page, so much effort...

Btw, some people play this "most expensive" game for free. It is a choice.

• Cool 2

[WTFNO]
Players
203 posts
4,716 battles

Well, I agree it's not much effort to go to the wiki.

Still, since the information is readily available one click away, what is the point of hiding it ingame ?

It's a small annoyance that brings nothing to the game and should be really easy to fix dev-side.

Why not just get rid of it ?

[IRAN]
Players
380 posts
8,241 battles

I'm playing this game for more than one year and have not paid a penny !!!! ( although i wish to buy some ships like Atlanta but because of idiot government i can not :cap_money:)

It depends on you to spend money or not !!!

Playing almost 7000 games you should know what consumables ships do have by now !! 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,258 posts
6,795 battles
9 hours ago, Baghack said:

World of Warships is one of the most expensive games, I’ve ever played. This is due a calculated game mechanic which makes it impossible to make any kind of meaningful progress, unless you spend a lot of money.

I play 100% free-to-play. No premium or anything. No problems either way, can progress perfectly fine

YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE THE SHIP to see its consumables and upgrades.

1 - they are pretty much standardized among ships of the same class. You won't get less than others, you just might get more

2 - Wiki is a thing

Please Wargaming, make is possible to see what you are actually buying, before you buy it.

It already is perfectly possible, just according to what you yourself wrote - you are too lazy to go and see it. It's your not WGs problem

[-KM-]
Players
375 posts
9,574 battles
On 17.6.2018 at 3:32 AM, Baghack said:

YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE THE SHIP to see its consumables and upgrades.

On 17.6.2018 at 3:32 AM, Baghack said:

Even the premium shop does not provide this essential information or any other kind of useful information on ships for sale.

Valuable arguments! Yes, you can see it elsewhere, but why not just showing it directly ingame? It would make sense!

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles

One wonders, is the OP going to ask that WG also includes player reviews (which, ultimately, are extremely subjective) in the ship info in game?

[RO-RN]
Players
245 posts
5,133 battles

expensive? yes maybe it is in a way but have you played the other wargaming game called world of tanks? go play that and see how tragic the economy is there. lets not forget about the unicum rounds aka premium ammo world of warships is godlike compared to wot

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,083 posts
6,718 battles

Try playing Warthunder...

Progress in WoWS is quite easy. Sure you can pay if you wants, but between the free premium WG gives (Shinonome, current Indianapolis Marathon, Aigle before), the freeXP ships which are only a matter of patience, the container which gives on a somewhat regular basis port slots and captain slots, not even talking about the tons of camo you can get this way, the free camos given during campaign or collection like the HSF camo for Yamato which is as good as the 5000 golds one, or the Cleveland ones in the US collection...

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
On 21-6-2018 at 10:04 AM, ShinGetsu said:

Try playing Warthunder...

Progress in WoWS is quite easy. Sure you can pay if you wants, but between the free premium WG gives (Shinonome, current Indianapolis Marathon, Aigle before), the freeXP ships which are only a matter of patience, the container which gives on a somewhat regular basis port slots and captain slots, not even talking about the tons of camo you can get this way, the free camos given during campaign or collection like the HSF camo for Yamato which is as good as the 5000 golds one, or the Cleveland ones in the US collection...

I play Warthunder... higher tiers are ueber crap. The matchmaker sucks. Higher tier, more crappy matchmaking.

WoWShips is great, compared to that. I mean R E A L L Y  GREAT. WOWarplanes isn't yet as good as Warthunder, but getting there. 

I wonder which one will be the first to combine land-air-sea.