You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zveketalo

Is it fair to have division with 3 super testers in game?

54 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
33 posts
18,941 battles

I don't know if this is ok, to have 3 super testers in battle, with Stalingrad and Worcester and with LEGENDARY UPGRADES. As you can see from screenshots that they made 9 kills against random players who don't have any chance.

Maybe someone from WG will have right answer for this or maybe answer to comment by Yamato tester who said that they carried whole team ;) Additionally, if you are interesting you can watch whole replay.

1.jpg

2.jpg

20180617_001456_PASD013-Gearing-1945_45_Zigzag.wowsreplay

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Alpha Tester
1,819 posts
5,075 battles

According to my personal ST (:fish_cute_2:), they cannot division all/most of their games whilst testing ships. However, this does not apply to community contributors with press accounts and that is exactly who you met in that game. As such, you shouldn't blame the supertesters for this.

Additionally, supertesters consist of players of all skill levels, so it's not like that division had to be game-deciding if they actually were supertesters :Smile_trollface:.

Beta Tester
33 posts
18,941 battles
5 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

According to my personal ST (:fish_cute_2:), they cannot division all/most of their games whilst testing ships. However, this does not apply to community contributors with press accounts and that is exactly who you met in that game. As such, you shouldn't blame the supertesters for this.

Additionally, supertesters consist of players of all skill levels, so it's not like that division had to be game-deciding if they actually were supertesters :Smile_trollface:.

It is not the question are they good or not as players, but that they are using more then OP ships with more then OP upgrades. What are you gonna feel if you enter in battle where Yamato is shooting you at every 15 seconds and you are in cruiser like Des Moines?

I agree with one ST per battle, with unreleased ship and with unreleased upgrades, but to have 3, playing in same division, looks like too much.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CR-S]
Players
349 posts
18,597 battles
29 minutes ago, Zveketalo said:

3 super testers in battle, with Stalingrad

I stumbled upon the same pack yesterday and they stomped us in minutes, jebiga. My divi-mate told me right at the beginning "this is lost" and it came as he predicted. But eh, as long it is one time only....

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,792 posts
14,175 battles

Wait, you're telling me that with

- numbers + quality advantage

- cap advantage

- position advantage

- 200 point lead

you still lost?!

Yes, that's fair then. They weren't carrying, your team failed. Hard.

Seriously, how in the name of RNGesus do you even trade six for only one?

[UP]
Players
19 posts
6,353 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

- cap advantage

- position advantage

- 200 point lead

you still lost?!

You do not understand the point at all. This is same as cheating in game. You have 3 overpowered ships and nobody knows anything about them + there is no couner measure.

• Funny 4
  • Boring 1

Alpha Tester
1,819 posts
5,075 battles
6 minutes ago, Zveketalo said:

I agree with one ST per battle, with unreleased ship and with unreleased upgrades, but to have 3, playing in same division, looks like too much.

But those three aren't supertesters though: they are community contributor or other affiliates with press accounts.

Beta Tester
33 posts
18,941 battles
5 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

- cap advantage

- position advantage

- 200 point lead

you still lost?!

Well, you should ask your friends what is feeling when Yamato is reloading in 15 secs? Or Worcester shooting every 2 secs?

• Funny 2

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,233 posts
7,096 battles
2 minutes ago, ettercap said:

You have 3 overpowered ships and nobody knows anything about them + there is no couner measure.

+1

[CATS]
Players
15,266 posts
11,018 battles
6 minutes ago, drmajga said:

I stumbled upon the same pack yesterday and they stomped us in minutes, jebiga. My divi-mate told me right at the beginning "this is lost" and it came as he predicted. But eh, as long it is one time only....

Well, with so much motivation, most battles are lost. That is one of the reasons armies do not like defeatist talk. It is bad for combat morale.

@Topic

Just play as a team, you can beat everything the game sends against you.

• Cool 1

[UP]
Players
19 posts
6,353 battles
1 hour ago, Kartoffelmos said:

But those three aren't supertesters though: they are community contributor or other affiliates with press accounts.

Howeve, it doesnt matter if they are supertesters or community contributors. Its not fair at all to let 3 players with upgrades that nobody have and there is no counter measure to play and make 9 kills. You cant say that 9 kills doesnt matter.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
33 posts
18,941 battles
3 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Why they are not playing against each others but against random players?!

• Cool 1

[UP]
Players
19 posts
6,353 battles
1 hour ago, von_chom said:

are there more of you in D-O-D ?

Dude, we played in division if u are blind.

Alpha Tester
1,819 posts
5,075 battles
14 minutes ago, Zveketalo said:

Why they are not playing against each others but against random players?!

Normally, supertesters play on a separate server in the early stages, but I guess WG use the CCs to collect data/feedback from the live server in this instance (more realistic environment). Some of these CCs just "wan't to watch the world burn", I suppose, merely to troll the opposing players.

Either that, or I was mistaken earlier and even supertesters use press accounts for the new modules (though I doubt it). If this is the case, someone is clearly inflating the result of the testing (and/or not taking it seriously enough), thus invalidating the results.

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,421 posts
4,345 battles

Only thing in OP posts i read is mimimi!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[UP]
Players
19 posts
6,353 battles

I forgot to mention, this happens multiple times. There is screenshot is from few weeks ago. I'm wondering how many battles and resources I will lose get while they testing.

shot-18.06.02_11.22.03-0148.jpg

shot-18.06.02_11.35.09-0953.jpg

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,263 posts
12,148 battles

- cap advantage

- position advantage

- 200 point lead

you still lost?!

Severe hit point disadvantage? Not wanting to defend anyone, however the screens do not state anything about the condition of the ships at the point they where taken. And I have seen my good share of games where one team had numbers, quality, cap advantage, position and points lead only to disintegrate like a house of cards in a tornado because nearly everyone left was more or less a 'one-shot' whereas the enemy consisted of mostly full health ships.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,792 posts
14,175 battles
55 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Severe hit point disadvantage?

Then that still means they deserved to lose as almost any 1 BB + 2 CA/L combination would've wrecked them just the same.

Besides, watching the replay right now. The Gearing practically suicided, both near full HP Yamatos camped in the back and eventually got torp flanked by the enemy Gearing while cruisers rushed into the guns of the Yamato/Stalingrad in an attempt to be greedy. Enemy didn't even need to take B cap. They misplayed the situation so hard it's not even funny and more than deserved to lose.

2 hours ago, ettercap said:

You have 3 overpowered ships and nobody knows anything about them + there is no couner measure.

1 hour ago, Zveketalo said:

Well, you should ask your friends what is feeling when Yamato is reloading in 15 secs?

Ah, yes, the mythical Yamato shooting every 15 seconds.

The legendary upgrade gives a 6% bonus to reload speed, shaving off 1,8 seconds. That's exactly half of the bonus the normal reload upgrade provides. Adrenaline Rush with 99% HP lost stacks another 19,8% (equals ~5,6 seconds) on top of that, giving a near death Yamato a 22,6 second reload.

Also please note that the Yamato in question only got 4 kills, which isn't enough to trigger the Yamamoto special skill if that was even an option.

So how about you stop spouting such utter bull:etc_swear: and start educating yourself?

Next up, Stalingrad is of no particular danger to your line-up if you had played it right. The guns can't overmatch T10 cruiser armor and her HE shells are :etc_swear: if that particular test iteration even had any, thus if your teammates had simply stayed in cover and angled instead of rushing out they would've most likely killed her with ease.

Your team ignored the Worcester so hard despite her being spotted for ages. A Worcester is about as fragile as a Mino, one of your Yamatos looking at it the wrong way would've sealed her doom. Worcester is an extremely map dependent ship as it is practically a T10 Atlanta and Loop is perhaps one of the worst maps for cruisers in general. Your team chose to ignore her, your team payed the price.

And finally, your own plays were abysmal. You guys don't even belong in the middle of the scoreboard, if it were up to me you'd be rock bottom with at most 100 exp earned. You think rushing to your death in your top tier ships one by one was smart despite having 2 caps and no need to push any further? Seriously, if you want to know why you lost this game, look no further than in the space between your chair and your monitor.

That you even have the gall to come here and complain about stuff being overpowered when you've essentially outplayed yourselves is amusing to no end. But hey, it's always easier to blame something else for your loss instead of admitting that you're incompetent, isn't it?

• Cool 12
  • Funny 2

[UP]
Players
19 posts
6,353 battles

Then that still means they deserved to lose as almost any 1 BB + 2 CA/L combination would've wrecked them just the same.

Besides, watching the replay right now. The Gearing practically suicided, both near full HP Yamatos camped in the back and eventually got torp flanked by the enemy Gearing while cruisers rushed into the guns of the Yamato/Stalingrad in an attempt to be greedy. Enemy didn't even need to take B cap. They misplayed the situation so hard it's not even funny and more than deserved to lose.

Ah, yes, the mythical Yamato shooting every 15 seconds.

The legendary upgrade gives a 6% bonus to reload speed, shaving off 1,8 seconds. That's exactly half of the bonus the normal reload upgrade provides. Adrenaline Rush with 99% HP lost stacks another 19,8% (equals ~5,6 seconds) on top of that, giving a near death Yamato a 22,6 second reload.

Also please note that the Yamato in question only got 4 kills, which isn't enough to trigger the Yamamoto special skill if that was even an option.

So how about you stop spouting such utter bull:etc_swear: and start educating yourself?

Next up, Stalingrad is of no particular danger to your line-up if you had played it right. The guns can't overmatch T10 cruiser armor and her HE shells are :etc_swear: if that particular test iteration even had any, thus if your teammates had simply stayed in cover and angled instead of rushing out they would've most likely killed her with ease.

Your team ignored the Worcester so hard despite her being spotted for ages. A Worcester is about as fragile as a Mino, one of your Yamatos looking at it the wrong way would've sealed her doom. Worcester is an extremely map dependent ship as it is practically a T10 Atlanta and Loop is perhaps one of the worst maps for cruisers in general. Your team chose to ignore her, your team payed the price.

And finally, your own plays were abysmal. You guys don't even belong in the middle of the scoreboard, if it were up to me you'd be rock bottom with at most 100 exp earned. You think rushing to your death in your top tier ships one by one was smart despite having 2 caps and no need to push any further? Seriously, if you want to know why you lost this game, look no further than in the space between your chair and your monitor.

That you even have the gall to come here and complain about stuff being overpowered when you've essentially outplayed yourselves is amusing to no end. But hey, it's always easier to blame something else for your loss instead of admitting that you're incompetent, isn't it?

AGAIN! You didn't understood what we are complaining about. Its not matter if it is defeat or victory. We are talking about what is FAIR and what is not, and what is BALANCED and what is not. But, you can't understand that obviously.

• Boring 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,792 posts
14,175 battles
1 minute ago, ettercap said:

We are talking about what is FAIR and what is not, and what is BALANCED and what is not.

And how exactly is this unfair? Stalingrad and Worcester both have pronounced weaknesses which you failed to exploit. The Yamato special upgrade, while good, also has its trade-offs and was just recently nerfed. And it certainly wasn't the special upgrade that made you throw yourselves into your deaths, a Yamato with the normal reload mod would've even been preferable in that situation.

There was nothing unfair about the enemy using these specific ships/upgrades. You didn't lose because the enemy had an unfair advantage, you lost because you were playing in a manner that can at best be described as incompetent. Deal with it.

• Cool 3

[TS1]
Players
570 posts
7,618 battles

I recently read that WG doesn't focus on division play while testing and balancing new ships, but they do it to a smaller degree, so it's fine. If the testing reveals the ships are completely overpowered then there's a chance they'll be more properly balanced when the ships are released. Tests are best done in the environment where the ships are supposed to be balanced, so this is what you might encounter on the normal server. And it's fair. You have the same chance as any other player to end up on their team or against their team.

It's all RNG, and I'm pretty sure WG has concluded that RNG is always fair and balanced. :cap_book:

Beta Tester
4,381 posts
9,619 battles

Testing is one thing, these divisions however much more smell of someone on a powertrip.

If you were going to "test" you would div up in more random and realistic fashions, and this ain't that.

There's nothing they're doing in that game they couldn't as well, or better, do on a proper test server.

• Cool 2

[UP]
Players
19 posts
6,353 battles

And how exactly is this unfair? Stalingrad and Worcester both have pronounced weaknesses which you failed to exploit. The Yamato special upgrade, while good, also has its trade-offs and was just recently nerfed. And it certainly wasn't the special upgrade that made you throw yourselves into your deaths, a Yamato with the normal reload mod would've even been preferable in that situation.

There was nothing unfair about the enemy using these specific ships/upgrades. You didn't lose because the enemy had an unfair advantage, you lost because you were playing in a manner that can at best be described as incompetent. Deal with it.

In era of symetric MM, you want to say that this is symetric:

- Yamato vs Yamato (with legendary upgrades - nobody knows how she performs)
Des Moines vs Worchester (mystery ship at it self  because nobody have it yet + legendary upgrades)
Zao vs Stalingrad (mystery ship at it self  because nobody have it yet + legendary upgrades)

Its 3 top tier ships in battle and nobody can say that 3 top tier ships isn't matter. I'm taliking about average players who maybe saw these two ships for first time and probably never heard of legendary upgrades. Its not OK to ruin someones time and resources. I agree, 1 ship really doesn't matter.

About your analysis, I agree, we didn't perform like unicums, but as I said, it is not a problem if it was defeat or victory. Please consider, Stalingrad and legendary upgrades are under testing, some of them are really broken (ex. Zao legendary upgrade gives her 2.8sec rudder shift what is stupid and in comparison with rudder shift time of much smaller ships like dds, it breaks all laws of physics). 

At the end, I will repeat one more time. Its not about win or def. Its about too much testing in one battle, and as you can see that testing ruin battles. In last month I have played too much games against or with those testers whatever they be. I'm not here to test the game, I'm playing on live server to do some progress on my account. I'm not getting anything from WG for free. All time and account resources spent in game equals my money (time  + real money).