Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
evp66

high tier dds

17 comments in this topic

Players
269 posts
9,627 battles

playing with most high tier dds i think they all are good in right hands...they are different for playstyle. I had a lot of problems with Udaloi but now it is well playable. Akizuki was affull but now it is my faworite. what do you othert think about different dds.

[WGP2W]
Players
1,424 posts
9,973 battles

Every ship is op in right hands, problem is IQ2 playerbase where WASD is hack.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
269 posts
9,627 battles

and I play mostly with 19 p captain. I have started to play many dds and thinking this is very bad ship....but with high point captain and playing with right way to ship they work well. Only ship I cant play is Fletcher...it is not ship its me....I dont like its shell arcs...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles

I like about the T10 DDs that each had its pros and cons, and I think they are quite balanced (compared to each other).

Will have to see about the upcoming armour changes on DDs and what effect(s) it will have in DD vs DD gunfights. (e.g. first thing that comes to mind is if the Z-52's AP will still be as good as it is now vs other DDs)

[RAGE]
[RAGE]
Players
292 posts
8,729 battles
1 hour ago, Boris_MNE said:

Every ship is op in right hands, problem is IQ2 playerbase where WASD is hack.

Except when wild CV player appears and balance you.

• Funny 3

Players
961 posts
4,865 battles

Generally they are all quite fine. I don't play the russian line and am still grinding the Germans. As I said a lot alteady: I think the Yy could do with a slight nerf, but generally high tier dds are just fine. 

In fact I'm hoping for a t9 premium fletcher. That would be awesome. 

Beta Tester
753 posts

I can only speak for Shimakaze and the Akizuki.

Both are excellent in their job. But i have 15% higher winrate in Akizuki. Enough said?

If i am going for a DD next, i think it might be the YueYang.

[MJK]
Players
208 posts
7,286 battles
1 hour ago, Hannibalurg said:

If i am going for a DD next, i think it might be the YueYang.

Its amazing :Smile_glasses:

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

I love them all, DDs are my favorite class however Khaba gives me headaches. 

Everytime i take it out for a spin, I get blapped by CVs, which is the reason I haven‘t played Khaba in ages. 

It seems I‘m getting lucky, as everytime there‘s a CV who‘s mission seems to be to remove every Khaba from the game and ignore everyone else. :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1

[MJK]
Players
208 posts
7,286 battles
2 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

Wonder if Gearing will retain the side armour... :cap_hmm:

I think it will. Only the 19mm will change so the 21mm should be left as is.

• Cool 1

[PRAVD]
Players
1,106 posts
5,601 battles

I love the Americans. Had some trouble with Gearing, but now I can win games in it. And Fletcher is awesome. Yesterday I got reported in it, for devastriking a New Orleans who was new to WASD hax.

Tashkent is also a great ship. The only annoying part is that it's badly suited to cap, and a lot of people, even on the high tiers, don't know that. Besides, I use the historical premium camouflage, which is a plain blue colour, so people complain that I sail without any camo.

I first had a quite easy time winning games in this ship, but lately it's a lot harder.

Harekaze is also nice with the Aki guns.

Players
269 posts
9,627 battles
On 16.6.2018 at 9:30 PM, Jethro_Grey said:

I love them all, DDs are my favorite class however Khaba gives me headaches. 

Everytime i take it out for a spin, I get blapped by CVs, which is the reason I haven‘t played Khaba in ages. 

It seems I‘m getting lucky, as everytime there‘s a CV who‘s mission seems to be to remove every Khaba from the game and ignore everyone else. :Smile_sceptic:

With Khaba I often close the enemy to about 10 km,push engine boost,start turning and fire.before enemy realise that I am no more broadside but running away and shooting and zik zak all the time.I run until I am untedected...heal and attack again.If lonely bb is hiding behind island I try to go to opposite side that island undetectec...then engine boost and running near bb and torp it.Normally I am detected and dodging shells 80% of time.

Sign in to follow this