Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

SuperContainers filled with items I've already got lots of feel like a waste!

16 comments in this topic

Players
1,360 posts
5,356 battles

Hi All, this is something I've mentioned before but it just keeps coming up - Since the 5th of Jan '18 this is what I've won in my 11 Supercontainers

image.png.9cc0a133d24b18e2fcdad8a8ab75d35b.png

Out of all those only the Modules are something I don't already have huge numbers of which kind of makes the vast majority of Supercontainers feel like a waste to me. So I currently have the following of each already -

image.png.5bf0e9acee5f4d7990aa359718b1f65c.png

Which shows that, apart from the Restless Fire Camos and Modules, the other 8 Supercontainers weren't actually "super" at all for me, and know people will say I'm complaining about free stuff but this isn't "normal" containers, these are supposed to be "super" and make you go "WOW, I GOT ONE HOW LUCKY!!!" instead of, oh great, another 100 flags to go with the 700+ I already have etc.

So it would be nice if the Supercontainers took into account all the items that you've got large numbers of (like my list) and gave you something that was low quantity instead. So if you had 0 doubloons then 1000 would actually be a WOW moment rather than, Meh or the same with signals etc.

Is this something which is possible? I know that the Santa Containers looked at which ships you already owned to make sure there was no duplication and I wonder if the same ability exists for the non-ship items you get from a SC.

*EDIT* - Just won another SC with 30 more days premium, Thanks I guess??????

[CRU_]
Players
147 posts
5,933 battles

I'm not sure what they can do to jazz SC's up, because if every one you got was like a birthday present, WG profit model would have to be revised lol. It's a gambling system which operates on the same principles as arcade machines, most prizes are meh, but there's always the chance to pull a tier 8 premium ship, so people grind for containers each day to feed what for some may be an addiction.

[-HUN-]
Players
810 posts
8,366 battles

"On no, I'm getting free stuff!!!!! What a waste!!!"

Dude. I don't even remember when I got a SC before this week. After like 2 months I finally get one with a stupid useless sh*t module.

Players
1,360 posts
5,356 battles
18 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

"On no, I'm getting free stuff!!!!! What a waste!!!"

2 hours ago, IanH755 said:

and know people will say I'm complaining about free stuff

:Smile_teethhappy:

18 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Dude. I don't even remember when I got a SC before this week. After like 2 months I finally get one with a stupid useless sh*t module.

LOL, had 30 TYL's over 3 months without any and just got 3 in 2 days, RNGesus is a pain!

• Funny 1

Players
2,663 posts
6,962 battles

918 Dragon

338 Premium account

585 Red dragon

30k doubloons

Aren't these things things that you originally bought large quantities of?

If yes, then why are you complaining about you getting more of them to WG when you know perfectly well that these can be gotten for free? What would you have WG do? Remove them from the containers simply because you are not happy with them?

And what about stuff I have lots off, but wouldn't mind getting more of? Or what about signals someone finds kinda useless so they sell them ASAP or toss em onto their ships "just to be rid of them", only to get even more of those? Or what about people who get spotter plane module and don't want those so they sell them for the 600k credits, only to get more of those?

To me it seems it might be hard to balance something that is basically a gift to us (though one that does kinda entice people to play every day and get premium time).

I do see what your getting at here, I've some time ago gotten LOADS of those +5% fire chance signals, but over 100 of them? But I didn't get enough of the accompanying deto signals..yeah! :Smile-_tongue:

But it does show true randomness, if anything. I hope they don't remove these, I think the daily crates are fun! ^^

Players
1,360 posts
5,356 battles
12 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

What would you have WG do? Remove them from the containers simply because you are not happy with them?

You've missed my point - The SC should look at what YOU personally have to give YOU a worthwhile SC. Nothing is "removed" at all,  the container just gives you something you haven't already got so you get a worthwhile SC and not something which is a bit of waste.

Players
1,360 posts
5,356 battles
1 hour ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Honestly, I wish I had this wealth of signals. Do you actually buy those or is there some magic way you farm all those? 

I'm a whale so I'm afraid there's no magic way!

I do contracting type work in Saudi so there's no beer etc to spend my money on and, out here, WoWS is my only hobby.

Players
1,360 posts
5,356 battles

It would have to be automatic in the same way the Santa Crates were, rather than "player choice".

Players
2,663 posts
6,962 battles

You've missed my point - The SC should look at what YOU personally have to give YOU a worthwhile SC. Nothing is "removed" at all,  the container just gives you something you haven't already got so you get a worthwhile SC and not something which is a bit of waste.

You're missing mine. Why should the SC look at me or at what I have to know what I want? For it can't possibly know what I want :cap_yes:

[H_FAN]
Players
1,970 posts
23,361 battles
5 hours ago, IanH755 said:

At least the nearly all the flags is easy to find use for, I have hoarded a lot myself so I simply dont use them nearly as much as i could on some of them, and I more find it more my fault.

Dragon flags en masse is hardly anything to cry about.

So the problem is that WG engine could not know what I like most, many flags and camos I want to have max possible, as long as you grind you always find use for them. Othre flags that I have few of I do not bother about f.e. Zulu flags, sure I mount the on some missions but I do need any credits. So therefor I use them , quite liberal, Zulu Hotel/ESCL , I use according to numbers in stock, Dragon Flags also on high tier ships for max. profit /XP:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this