Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
colonel_duce

Bigger maps for T8-10

12 comments in this topic

Players
60 posts
4,334 battles

Hello colls,

first, i must say that i have only 3 T8 ships (NC, Bismarck and asian DD) and that i do not enjoy those battles at all, because i am constantly put against T9-10. Those battles are completely different than lower tiers. Been thinking about it and what i do think as a factor is, that maps are for such ships too small. You can`t really hide, anyone can reach you, radars everywhere, so instead buffing/nerfing ships, what about buffing maps? Make them like 50% bigger? Make some breathing space for DDs, for flanking? With bigger maps, ships would have to spread out, DDs, could have fun again, CVs could at least spot.
I don`t like to snipe with BB, but whenever i move ahead, i loose around 50% HP or all.From my point of view, maps are small.

What do you think?

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
19,833 posts
12,377 battles

That the maps should be smaller and need more islands for cover...

The high Tier maps are completely open and most cruisers do not have the range to reach enemies and have to get close without cover while BB snipe from the back...

• Cool 6

Players
4,460 posts
9,412 battles

The lower tier maps have more landmass relatively and I noticed the same thing about the higher tier maps being very open. I actually prefer the maps with more islands and more cover, even when playing a BB.

That;s not to say I would want all current maps changed, but maybe a couple maps with LOTS of islands (maybe even like a maze or something?) or maps that are kinda similar to Fault Line, Estaury and Shards or at least kinda such an idea.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

yeah i am all for bigger maps... how do you expect me to use 35km range on my yamato with such small maps... i remember times when stealth fire yamato was a thing...

Spoiler

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,842 posts
4,770 battles

Not bigger overall, but maybe not square. My biggest issue in some cruisers at high tiers is that there isn't enough space between the outer caps and the map edge to flank properly. The BBs are too fast and have too much cover so they get into position and you can't hook around the outside of the enemy team while still keeping the range for safety, and having enough space to turn around if things get too hot.

As for cover, it's not that there's too little, it's just in the wrong place. Cover exists at ranges where BBs can use it to get into position and create firing lanes into the middle. On too many maps, cruisers need to sail in front of this cover line to get in position to do their job, but then they're like fish in a barrel as there are multiple ways to fire into that space, and the cover is actively blocking their retreat instead of helping them.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,380 battles
1 hour ago, robihr said:

yeah i am all for bigger maps... how do you expect me to use 35km range on my yamato with such small maps... i remember times when stealth fire yamato was a thing...

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

:Smile_trollface:

Technically Stealthfiring Yamato is still possible

Spoiler

[_DIB_]
Players
130 posts
11,655 battles

Smaller maps and more islands will make it into a corridor map just the same as WOT is now.

Players
2,121 posts
13,026 battles

Just remove all islands. Ocean every map please and enjoy the Cleveland plague die out fast.

Seriously: we need smaller maps and less islands, not the reverse.

Players
4,460 posts
9,412 battles
12 hours ago, Inked9 said:

Smaller maps and more islands will make it into a corridor map just the same as WOT is now.

The last thing I would want is corridor maps like in WoT :Smile_sceptic:

I find some maps even on the smallish side (like the left bottom cap in the map The Atlantic when playing domination mode).

Btw, "we" don't need smaller maps with fewer islands.

• Cool 1

Players
211 posts
5,630 battles

yup then the BBs can go even further back that they already do leaving everyone else to get annihilated within the first 5 minutes in open water

Sign in to follow this