NA_Scrub

Protected Random Battle MM

23 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts
23 battles

How long do I have to suffer through this mm where I'm fighting maybe 1 really player on the enemy team and then bots that make the co-op bots look like unicums. I'm not play co-op battles, it's this weird bs hybrid of co-op and random and it sucks.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,377 posts
35 minutes ago, NA_Scrub said:

How long do I have to suffer through this mm where I'm fighting maybe 1 really player on the enemy team and then bots that make the co-op bots look like unicums. I'm not play co-op battles, it's this weird bs hybrid of co-op and random and it sucks.

It doesn't suck if you were a new player, it is there to help you learn and to keep the seal clubbers away.....You may be an experienced player but you still have to go through it. 

Players
7 posts
23 battles
14 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

It doesn't suck if you were a new player, it is there to help you learn and to keep the seal clubbers away.....You may be an experienced player but you still have to go through it. 

This doesn't help new players at all. It just makes it easier for me to isolate them and kill them since they're probably more of a threat than the bots. Like I'm sure this brand new player in protected battles had fun when he detonated and won't even receive flags for it bc he hasn't unlocked them yet.

unknown-4.thumb.png.edab6f45d2a3d555cca766bd0346bea4.png

Players
7 posts
23 battles
1 minute ago, bushwacker001 said:

Ok, so you killed a new player....the major flaw with the system is letting in experienced players also starting over.

If I could transfer all my NA ships and stats over I would. Otherwise I gotta play in this protected mm with no way to get out of it.

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,440 posts
11,437 battles
Vor 14 Minuten, NA_Scrub sagte:

he detonated and won't even receive flags for it bc he hasn't unlocked them yet.

He still gets the flags, he just won't see them until then.

And you have this kind of protected matchmaking until you reach a higher account level. Iirc it's level 10.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,377 posts
21 minutes ago, NA_Scrub said:

If I could transfer all my NA ships and stats over I would. Otherwise I gotta play in this protected mm with no way to get out of it.

I had to do the same on the NA server....it doesn't take long

Players
7 posts
23 battles
56 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

I had to do the same on the NA server....it doesn't take long

To grind out 19 t10s takes quite a while.

Players
7 posts
23 battles
10 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

It might but that wasn't your question.

All I want to know is how to escape these battles with protected mm. You kinda went off topic. These protected mm battles give very little xp, and are a coin toss on who wins bc the bots yolo so hard, quickly leading to nearly all of one teams ships dying in literally 5 minutes.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,258 posts
6,795 battles

Play 1 game in tier 5 (or higher) or reach account level 11, those 2 remove the newbie protection

Just don't come back whining how you got clubbed by professional clubbers with their 19 point captains in low tier ships

Players
2,371 posts
6,683 battles
1 hour ago, NA_Scrub said:

All I want to know is how to escape these battles with protected mm. You kinda went off topic. These protected mm battles give very little xp, and are a coin toss on who wins bc the bots yolo so hard, quickly leading to nearly all of one teams ships dying in literally 5 minutes.

By playing the game. It's really not as punishing as you make it out to be. Get rewards, couple krakens to stock up on those +50% signal xp boosters. Or pay real money for some premium and premiums.

It's really not a big deal if you ask me.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts
On 15/06/2018 at 6:13 PM, Commander_Cornflakes said:

He still gets the flags, he just won't see them until then.

Really? I remember not retroactively earning captain XP when playing again after release. Does this apply to certain things and not others, or was a bug fixed?

[HOME]
[HOME]
Weekend Tester
957 posts
9,505 battles
On 6/15/2018 at 7:33 PM, NA_Scrub said:

These protected mm battles give very little xp, and are a coin toss on who wins bc the bots yolo so hard, quickly leading to nearly all of one teams ships dying in literally 5 minutes.

Welcome to EU where that is going to happen in most of your games with real players in them ;)

[POI--]
Players
3,909 posts
5,023 battles
On 6/15/2018 at 6:57 PM, NA_Scrub said:

This doesn't help new players at all. It just makes it easier for me to isolate them and kill them since they're probably more of a threat than the bots. Like I'm sure this brand new player in protected battles had fun when he detonated and won't even receive flags for it bc he hasn't unlocked them yet.

unknown-4.thumb.png.edab6f45d2a3d555cca766bd0346bea4.png

Pretty sure the detonation mechanic has nothing at all to do with protected match making, skill, tier, or much of anything. It's just a silly RNG roll if someone is lucky and hits the magazine. If anything, that guy at least didn't have the repair bill of a T9 or T10 that just loldetonated from a quite healthy state because some AP shell/torpedo hit the magazine.

Spoiler

shot-18_05.06_15_12.59-0230.thumb.jpg.784f308fe3a1cf615dea51311fd861f4.jpg

Players
6 posts
78 battles

As a new player in the game you are protected until you play a tier 5 ship or until you reach level 12. After that you will play against both experienced veterans and new players like you.

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
On 15-6-2018 at 7:01 PM, NA_Scrub said:

I think there is a way, I have seen it around but I do not remember where.

I thought you need to change the server somewhere manually. 

[ASEET]
Players
220 posts
6,693 battles
On 6/15/2018 at 9:33 PM, NA_Scrub said:

When I started I got around this limitation buy divisioning up with players that could go to random battles(one of them was the leader). I'm quite sure I didn't make it all the way to T5 in my first play session, but I never had to do the Co-Op grind. I didn't get any extra acc lvl's or such, but the low tier grinds were pretty quick.

Not sure if it still works, but might be worthwhile to test it out.

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
On 15-6-2018 at 7:01 PM, NA_Scrub said:

get a look at this.... here's how to change the server. 

You do not have to unlock everything again. 

[ASEET]
Players
220 posts
6,693 battles
16 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

get a look at this.... here's how to change the server. 

You do not have to unlock everything again. 

I think OP is talking about account transfer, to witch this won't help. Support can do it, but those are the exceptions as they generally tell ppl to create a new acc for a new region. Some have had their accs moved when they themselves have moved across the globe IRL

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
17 minutes ago, Gleb_Reawer said:

I think OP is talking about account transfer, to witch this won't help. Support can do it, but those are the exceptions as they generally tell ppl to create a new acc for a new region. Some have had their accs moved when they themselves have moved across the globe IRL

Looks to me that he just wants to play on the EU server, with the same account.

If you change the server and use the same account, this will not work?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,564 battles
7 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Looks to me that he just wants to play on the EU server, with the same account.

If you change the server and use the same account, this will not work?

No.

You definatly can't use an account that was created on EU on any other server and vice versa, you have to create a new one.

This Mod you linked is for people with two seperate accounts on different servers. You don't have to install two launchers like this and can just switch regions in the loginscreen which isn't possible vanilla.