Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Klopirat

Football patch

26 comments in this topic

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
585 posts
4,395 battles

Cool ! Let me just select my country ..... oh wait, the Netherlands is not playing this year. Only the true footbal giants like Iceland and Panama made it to the tournament.

*insert salty remarks from Dutch and Italian players*

All kidding aside, I always really like it if a game does something like this.

• Funny 7

Players
1,565 posts
10,241 battles

WARNING!!!!

DO NOT PICK ANYTHING EXCEPT RUSSIA! YOU WILL BE SENT TO GULAG!

ITS A TRAP

• Funny 6

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester
450 posts
1 hour ago, Hummus said:

Cool ! Let me just select my country ..... oh wait, the Netherlands is not playing this year. Only the true footbal giants like Iceland and Panama made it to the tournament.

Hello darkness my old friend...

@Boris_MNE Kek

By the way, what do the missions give out? only the patch?

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles
1 hour ago, Hummus said:

Ohne Holland fahr'n wir zur WM, schaaaa lala la laaaa!

:Smile_trollface:

Though I'm not much a fan of football in general (too much flopping for my taste), so I don't particularily care about those patches, least of all compared to muh shiny emblem.

Players
47 posts
4,865 battles

Some of these patches actually look pretty nice, would be nice to have one.

Too bad my national football team is Scotland :Smile_teethhappy:........  :Smile_sad:

• Funny 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
9,002 battles
1 hour ago, Hummus said:

Ah. Let's pick homeland! Ayyy Hungary!!! Oh, yeah, we don't play football we just act as if. Then go the children of Rome, Forza Azzurri!!! Oh, snap! Yeah, never mind. What is left? Well, Nice is sort of Italy, so let's go Cocks! Hon hon hon hon

• Cool 1

Players
680 posts
5,059 battles

I pick the Croat one its also red white blue and no one ll going to notice the difference.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
915 posts
11,130 battles
27 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Ah. Let's pick homeland! Ayyy Hungary!!! Oh, yeah, we don't play football we just act as if.

You might say that we are sending low-intensity interpretive dancers instead of footballers to the field, but at least it's a very sound life career choice in this country, judging by their salary and the rapidly growing football-related infrastructure! :Smile_teethhappy:

Plus they "play for fun". Let's not murder the spirit of football by fighting, competitions, winning and all that stuff!

• Funny 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
9,002 battles
29 minutes ago, AkosJaccik said:

You might say that we are sending low-intensity interpretive dancers instead of footballers to the field, but at least it's a very sound life career choice in this country, judging by their salary and the rapidly growing football-related infrastructure! :Smile_teethhappy:

Plus they "play for fun". Let's not murder the spirit of football by fighting, competitions, winning and all that stuff!

"Play for fun" Play. Play. Play...

tenor.gif

:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

Shockingly the german trikot spotts the german flag and it is not censored in germany?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[OP-B]
Players
740 posts
14,336 battles
1 hour ago, SteDorff said:

I pick the Croat one its also red white blue and no one ll going to notice the difference.

Not only that.... tho having some good individual players both teams are equally bad :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[WCWVE]
Players
908 posts
14,698 battles
2 hours ago, Fine_Wares said:

Some of these patches actually look pretty nice, would be nice to have one.

Too bad my national football team is Scotland :Smile_teethhappy:........  :Smile_sad:

Same here so I picked the nearest to Scotland geographically but having picked the patch how does one actually acquire said patch 

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

I still don't understand why WG did it this way. It's stupid and wasteful. Instead of idiotic football shirts they coul've given you, say, a set of patch backgrounds in national colors. Or a "figure" that would be a bit like the t-shirts we get now, but a more universal design: say, a diagonal stripe - again, in national colors.

I'm certain that this way of catering to national pride would be much more appreciated and much more widely used, both by football fans and people who don't care about it alike.

Instead we get a bunch of shirts that don't really make sense outside of the football context. What a waste.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
9,002 battles
22 minutes ago, eliastion said:

I still don't understand why WG did it this way. It's stupid and wasteful. Instead of idiotic football shirts they coul've given you, say, a set of patch backgrounds in national colors. Or a "figure" that would be a bit like the t-shirts we get now, but a more universal design: say, a diagonal stripe - again, in national colors.

I'm certain that this way of catering to national pride would be much more appreciated and much more widely used, both by football fans and people who don't care about it alike.

Instead we get a bunch of shirts that don't really make sense outside of the football context. What a waste.

You are so right!

These shirts look terrible. Just a little more wörk could have made these actually nice and by time each nation could have got its national patch.

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,335 posts
3,697 battles
On 14/06/2018 at 12:07 PM, AkosJaccik said:

On 14/06/2018 at 12:37 PM, Humorpalanta said:

"Play for fun" Play. Play. Play...

tenor.gif

:Smile_hiding:

2caomv.jpg

• Funny 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,250 posts
31,350 battles
On 2018-06-14 at 9:52 AM, Hummus said:

And insert funny laughs from the Swedish National team which have knocked out these teams :cap_rambo:, (special thanks to the French goalkeeper :cap_haloween:). 

Iceland have been markedly stronger recently and is probably the best team in the world considering number of inhabitants.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,595 posts
16,718 battles

Picked Iceland because I like the color combo.

Yes, I'm not a football/soccer person.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
5,567 posts
11,257 battles
On 6/14/2018 at 12:44 PM, Mandalorianer said:

Shockingly the german flag is not censored in germany?

vergernews.com-210927989141196.png

Spoiler

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,823 posts
3,634 battles
On 2018-6-14 at 9:16 AM, Boris_MNE said:

WARNING!!!!

DO NOT PICK ANYTHING EXCEPT RUSSIA! YOU WILL BE SENT TO GULAG!

ITS A TRAP

Sorry, but as a proud Icelander I am obviously obliged to pick Iceland :P

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
7 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Sorry, but as a proud Icelander I am obviously obliged to pick Iceland :P

For whatever reason, my home team (spain) got classified so, I did have to take that one...

Sign in to follow this