You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fionia_DK

TO WG regarding the radarsituation

231 comments in this topic

[HAWKS]
Players
172 posts
16,869 battles

Dear wargaming

I think many people would like you to comment on the radar situation. 

After my opinion there is far too many radarships in hight tier. Keeping in mind that the american CL's havent arrived yet, it will be impossible to play DD and having fun. Its very boring, when U only can do torpedospam. For that only the Shima and Gearing is good with their "long" torpedoes.

As I see it, we will loose a lot of DD players. Some permanent and others will find different ships to play. Probably BB, cause they will thrive in the abcence of the DDs. That will hurt the CA's and CL's a lot. I my self is playing alot more BB in high tier now, DD is not fun anymore.

If you insist on so many radarships, i suggest that radar requires LOS. In that way its not only hiding behind a mountain and push a button.

We are many who would like an answer from you.

Attached a pic where U see a game with 2x5 radarships.

Fionia_DK

shot-18.06.14_08.31.19-0112.jpg

• Cool 9
  • Bad 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,378 posts
8,054 battles
35 minutes ago, Fionia_DK said:

i suggest that radar requires LOS.

No, because that doesn't fit into the desired game mechanic.

Yes, it is not "historical" (or realistic), but a limited duration and a cooldown is also not. And the naval engagements in this game would never-ever happend in reallife too! Why? Because most naval fight didn't occur within some shipslengths to a dozend of islands!

There are many derivations from real life naval battles, accept that radar is one of them!

• Cool 3
  • Bad 5

[JRM]
Players
3,385 posts
18,792 battles

Beeing mainely Ca and bb player i think we need more radar equipped CLs Many Many more :cap_haloween:

[HAWKS]
Players
172 posts
16,869 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

They commented: Its fine.

Link please

3 hours ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Have discussed this to death. Vote for close.

I am not trying to start a discussion. I am trying to get some reaction from WG. This is the best way I could think of. If U know a better way, pls let me know.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
20,487 posts
12,546 battles

It is in one of the topics concerning radar. Since everyone is opening his own topic instead of using the old ones I cannot tell you which.

Or you could look at the posts of the WG staff.

[HAWKS]
Players
172 posts
16,869 battles
1 hour ago, principat121 said:

No, because that doesn't fit into the desired game mechanic.

Yes, it is not "historical" (or realistic), but a limited duration and a cooldown is also not. And the naval engagements in this game would never-ever happend in reallife too! Why? Because most naval fight didn't occur within some shipslengths to a dozend of islands!

There are many derivations from real life naval battles, accept that radar is one of them!

Its not about realism. Its about not loosing too many DD's. If we do, the game will tilt to World of Battleships. 
I do play all classes, except CV. I am not crying as a DD player, but for the game(play).

[EST]
Players
1,077 posts
21,988 battles
5 minutes ago, Fionia_DK said:

I am not crying as a DD player, but for the game(play).

Its only good for game. Those who still play DD-s will get better under heavy radar presence and when people play radar ships less (will happen eventually) we have more good DD players that won't panic/die every time the radar symbol pops on their screen.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,378 posts
8,054 battles
7 minutes ago, Fionia_DK said:

Its about not loosing too many DD's.

Provide data that radar shortens the life duration (game time) of DD in a match.

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles
Just now, Profilus said:

Its only good for game. Those who still play DD-s will get better under heavy radar presence and when people play radar ships less (will happen eventually) we have more good DD players that won't panic/die every time the radar symbol pops on their screen.

By that logic we should get homing torpedoes that target BBs....

• Cool 3

[HAWKS]
Players
172 posts
16,869 battles
1 minute ago, Profilus said:

I think we need the casual DD player in random. If we end up with 1 DD pr team, even if the only DD player is good, he wont have any major influence on the BBs. And then BBs will rule the seas.
I think about 3 DDs pr team is a good combo for the game.

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
1,130 posts
6,321 battles
6 minutes ago, Profilus said:

1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

They commented: Its fine.

What an absolute load of bollocks!!

• Cool 3

Players
185 posts
3,446 battles
5 minutes ago, PapVogele said:

By that logic we should get homing torpedoes that target BBs....

Yay, fire  and forget torps with a guarantee hit. I vote for that :Smile_playing:. We'll soon get rid of those pesky BBs.

• Cool 2

[HAWKS]
Players
172 posts
16,869 battles
5 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Provide data that radar shortens the life duration (game time) of DD in a match.

U got it wrong. Its not about lifetime in game. Its about how many DD players we will have.

In my clan (about 40 members), more and more is playing BB and CA/CL. 

[EST]
Players
1,077 posts
21,988 battles
2 minutes ago, Fionia_DK said:

U got it wrong. Its not about lifetime in game. Its about how many DD players we will have.

In my clan (about 40 members), more and more is playing BB and CA/CL. 

I still see at least 1 game per day a battle with 4-5 dd per team. Usually its 2-3. I also play less DD-s atm, but not because of radar, but because of campaign that has 2 parts in a row that don't require DD.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,378 posts
8,054 battles
11 minutes ago, Fionia_DK said:

Then you have to prove that the numbers of battle played in DDs are decreasing. And (!) that the reason for those declining numbers is radar.

[N0RSE]
Players
1,763 posts
26 minutes ago, Wildf1re said:

Yay, fire  and forget torps with a guarantee hit. I vote for that :Smile_playing:. We'll soon get rid of those pesky BBs.

Just like history did. :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
3,385 posts
18,792 battles

I vote for a cruise anti ship mislile consumable for CAs as well in that  batch and make them do 50k HP of damage per hit

Players
915 posts
11,130 battles

We all know full well what is missing from Stalingrand and Krohnstadt. And Moskva. And the Donskoi. Maybe the Chapayev. Probably from the Bogatyr.

Spoiler

2.jpg

• Funny 2

Players
986 posts
5,142 battles
40 minutes ago, Fionia_DK said:

I think we need the casual DD player in random. If we end up with 1 DD pr team, even if the only DD player is good, he wont have any major influence on the BBs. And then BBs will rule the seas.
I think about 3 DDs pr team is a good combo for the game.

Dds are not a casual class. Playing those well can be very stressful. So much so that I demand a break from my commanding officer after every 3 clan battles played. Casual dd play will always result in misplays since this class, maybe more than any other,  demands game knowledge and thinking. 

I think 3 dds per team is the sweet spot, but still, most of the time I can guarantee my team will lose a dd in the first five minutes.

• Cool 4

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,378 posts
8,054 battles
13 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Just like history did. :Smile_glasses:

With things like duds and ricochets from small angels?

Players
1,298 posts
7,617 battles

Another dd player which wants to sit down on it's smoke screen and shoot with impunity... STOP CRYING damnit!

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1