You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bootack_of_Mar_Mar

Command and Conquer players, rejoice!

10 comments in this topic

Players
9 posts
1,998 battles

So, after watching some youtube videos, and not being able to play WoWs for sometime thanks to my exams, I've come up with an idea to replace radar to american heavy cruisers, separating their role even moreso from their light cruiser counterparts. 

Introducing : Strategy plans

Command and Conquer players should be already familiar with the idea of strategy plans. 

How they work : In CnC, having built a structure known as a strategy center, you were able to employ 3 different "strategies":

Bombardment

Search and Destroy

Hold The Line.

Bombardment would grant a 20% firepower bonus.

Hold The Line increased your units' HP values by 100% 

Search and Destroy increased the view range of your units by 20%. 

So how could it work in WoWs for the US heavies?

Before discussing this consumable's       ( perhaps, could be a special skill ) positive traits, I'll propose some negatives.

Universal Negatives

1. Downtime.

"The crew of the ship in order to prepare it for the selected strategy must stop all of its current actions, leaving the sjip practically inoperable for approximately 10-15 seconds, depending on the strategy ". A pretty straight-forward one, works just like the CnC strategy establishment, where the units have to "prepare" for the selected strategy, becoming inactive for a few seconds.

2. Announcement. 

The strategy employed is announced to your team. However the message is decoded by the enemy team and you are detected for a small amount of time ( 5-6 seconds ). 

Now for the traits of each plan.

1. Bombardment

+ Cruiser fire rate is increased by 20%. 

+ Fire chance is increased by 3%

- Shell velocity decreased by 20m/s. 

- Raw shell damage -3% 

Bombardment will provide players a more aggresive stand, being able to lob shells over taller islands, whilst providing more dakka dakka.

2. Hold the Line.

+ Fore end armor thickness increased by 10%

+  Deck armor thickness increased by 15%

- Belt armor thickness decreased by 20%

- The ship becomes less manoeuverable.

The stagnant playstyle of the US Heavy cruiser line is furtger fortified by this plan, while the cruiser itself becomes more susceptible to flanking manouevres.

3. Search and Destroy.

+ Firing Range is increased by 30% 

+ Target acquisition module ( Radar, Hydro ) effectiveness increased by 30%.

- Detectability Range is increased by 20%.

- Torpedo detection range -10%   

( Torpedoes are spotted later)

Now this new skill for the usn cruisers might seem a tad complex, both in integration and programming, however it provides the player to become more effective, with the right selection of strategies. It also provides more depth into the game, substituting the simple task of pressing a button to insantly receive a buff. However I understand that this might not comply with the gameplay design, and as such, it feels like an uncanny idea. 

It should also be clarified that the player can choose during the battle to  deactivate whatever strategy is currently employed, returning the ship to its normal stats, including commander skills and modules.

If you have any ideas to balance this feature, feel free to describe them. 

(((( Thank ))))

• Cool 1

Players
951 posts
8,500 battles

I love Zero Hour but with the modern Windows 10 just cannot play it. Repairing a system with Windows 7...

Hmmm...Hmmm.. It all works.

Bolted down and ready, I shall leave a dark cloud.... lol

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
Players
734 posts
8,313 battles
2 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I love Zero Hour but with the modern Windows 10 just cannot play it. Repairing a system with Windows 7...

Hmmm...Hmmm.. It all works.

Bolted down and ready, I shall leave a dark cloud.... lol

Warning! A Scoud Storm has been launched!

[WCWVE]
Players
773 posts
12,008 battles

I know, started playing Command and Conquer when it was the original game, sadly now on windows 10 so can not play it any longer or tiberian sun or generals either 

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,090 battles

@OP: You've just overcomplicated the game I really love playing to the point I don't want to play it anymore. I only play for fun.

Players
265 posts
6,975 battles

CnC is awesome. Go play it if you like it. (i like it, i'd play it if i had it somewhere, have to dig up a laptop with a CD drive). 

But dont implement that stuff in WoWS

[WCWVE]
Players
773 posts
12,008 battles

Next someone will be suggesting radar invisible ships - we already have invisible ships that can be seen on radar, why not make them completely invisible by adding radar counter measures and hull quietening systems (no thank you)

Players
951 posts
8,500 battles
1 hour ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

I know, started playing Command and Conquer when it was the original game, sadly now on windows 10 so can not play it any longer or tiberian sun or generals either 

If you can get a system with Windows 7 it plays perfectly or have a separate hard drive with that version installed and switch.

I used to love playing GLA and send my Jarmen Kell out to kill the Bulldozer drivers to hijack them. Didn't even need to get them back if you were quick enough to start a command centre build you workers, with shoes, were able to complete.

Some of the unofficial maps too were awesome. I still have them all on my flash drive...lol. China was fun especially when force firing the Nuke Cannons and USA with force fired Patriot Missiles were strong also...