Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

Would you like a after chat?

After chat  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like WG to add after chat?

63 comments in this topic

[-PFB-]
Players
0 posts

I think its pretty rare not to have a chat after a game, good or bad. Maybe Im one of the very few who wants one in the first place, if so I will stop complaining. I'm curious what the community thinks. I have added a poll. Please vote.

• Boring 1

Players
2,753 posts
6,692 battles

I'd want one, but only if there's an opt-out feature, and naturally not available for chat-banned players. There's a high risk of toxicity and insults, but if those can be limited, sometimes it would be nice, especially since the games end very suddenly the exact moment the last ship starts to explode or the points tick over.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
516 posts
4,160 battles

I don't think this would be such a bad idea. Maybe for 1 minute or so after the end of battle, there's a ffa chat window in the post-battle result screen. I've often had games where I had team mates or even enemies who played really well but I couldn't get around to complimenting them (and I don't mean the anonymus +1 'compliment') during the battle because I had my hands full right until the end. Sure there will be some toxicity, but that is no different than we already have it during the battle, so who cares. :Smile_great:

Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles

Sure, why not?

I've been messaged after a battle quite a few times by players, both friendly and enemy, to compliment me on a game well played and I have done the same myself. In my experience it has been very rare (like count on one hand rare) that I have experienced toxic messages post-game. An after-match chat would be a welcome addition, I feel, there are too few oppourtunities to be nice as things currently stand.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
966 posts
10,454 battles

LoL does it, I wouldn't complain about it but it's not great.

I can't imagine many people sticking around to chat but I'd say yes for the opportunity to.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,657 battles

A place for whiny kids to keep raging after the battle has ended how garbage I am for not carrying their useless gluteus maximus even more?

No thank you, the in-game chat is more than enough for that sh*t

• Cool 6

[SCRUB]
Players
3,457 posts
9,340 battles
22 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

A place for whiny kids to keep raging after the battle has ended how garbage I am for not carrying their useless gluteus maximus even more?

No thank you, the in-game chat is more than enough for that sh*t

This.

Only value would be to expand insulting fights after the battle has ended.

Players
1,526 posts
10,298 battles

In Port I have had conversations with players post game, allies and enemy, usually to say well played and occasionally to offer advice. I had a conversation once with an enemy Shima Captain who couldn't understand why my concealment was better that his so I went through my ship with him and he found he did not have CE.. He changed his skills, was happy with the advice and the fact I had taken the time to converse with him.

There have been a few times in my early days where I have had toxic massages whilst in port but usually only if I have made an error in game. Anything really insulting I just block the sender...

I like the post game chat idea because as well as offering compliments ideas can be shared. I have learned new ways to play and hope that I have helped others too...

Players
1,393 posts
12,202 battles

After chat is bad idea. However, I would like to see better chat integrations like including clan and private messages in battle chat with different colors. Utilization of prefixes for chat messages would be nice to.

Example:

/p for team chat - green text

/a for all chat (visible for enemies) - white text

/d for division - yellow

/w gameName for private message to user out of battle - color blue

/c for clan chat - color orange/light brown

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
845 posts

Knowing the WG community and their toxidity Levels......nope. Not even the slightest of interest.

I actually want the same option as in wot where u can stop People from sending a PM if they aren't in Your friendslist.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

You already have PM option... this would bring a lot of salty/spicy players. 

Players
445 posts
7,718 battles
6 hours ago, nambr9 said:

This.

Only value would be to expand insulting fights after the battle has ended.

If we follow your logic, there would be no game at all.

"Oh no! don't make that game, some people will whine!"

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
9,012 battles
7 hours ago, AnotherDuck said:

I'd want one, but only if there's an opt-out feature, and naturally not available for chat-banned players. There's a high risk of toxicity and insults, but if those can be limited, sometimes it would be nice, especially since the games end very suddenly the exact moment the last ship starts to explode or the points tick over.

I really want to have an after the battle chat. I have had great conversations with people after i died or while i was still in battle but i didn't remember their names so couldn't chat with them later...

How should it be?

After battle screen: Personal score, Team score, Detailed report, Credits and XP, +Chat

It would be available for only those who were in that battle. It would exist until there is someone in it. You quit the chat if you close this after battle window.

It would automatically close after 5 minutes after the battle ended. (It would warn the people inside the chat window 1 minute before closure, and it would count back from 30 sec before closure. So you would have time to continue somewhere else.)

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,017 battles

They cant code chat, that has been proven so far so no. 

There is the general chat already, and if you feel like it, you can make your own channels.

[-PFB-]
Players
0 posts

I had a feeling more people would vote yes, but Im more suprised how many are against it. I occasionaly play league of legends so naturaly I have grown to have a thick skin. But its like someone else mentioned here, we already have a chat ingame and no doubt all of us have been flamed at some point in the game, so in that regard, I dont see any difference between having a chat ingame and afterwards. I personaly dont care much about it unless they give critism in depth.

The question I would oppose. If you played bad and you know someone is after you, why would you even stay in chat? You can easily leave and start a new game. Why would this awsome idea be ruined by a small number of rotten apples?

• Cool 2

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

considering that most after battle chats i have gotten have been toxic... no tnx..

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,628 posts
10,418 battles

For me, no. I'd in fact welcome it if WG would stop players chatting after they have died, and restricted post game chat for at least 5 minutes or so to allow any tempers to cool before impulsive rage chatting ensues straight after a game. Call it a mandatory 'cool down' period to ease tension, because face it, this game is competitive. When we're chasing missions, etc. we all want to maximise our scores and losing doesn't allow this as much.

I only want to protect others from me, not the other way around:Smile_teethhappy:

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,457 posts
9,340 battles
44 minutes ago, antenociti said:

If we follow your logic, there would be no game at all.

"Oh no! don't make that game, some people will whine!"

I dont think so. This request while valid, is totally uneccesary.

If I respond to your "insult" ... - if we follow yours the game would turn into social chat program ?

See where Im going with this? Its not black or white. Its grey. And currently we have grey.

What do (and will) people talk after battle?

5% compliments (winning side).

95% whines, rages and insulting on the loosing side.

If you want to make buddies, you can see his name, add him as your friend and chat with him in the port. What else is needed? Nothing.

As far as I know there are far more important issues devs are (and should be) looking at.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,895 posts
10,281 battles
8 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

I only want to protect others from me, not the other way around:Smile_teethhappy:

Speaking of that and pipe dreams regarding dreams, being able to send gifs in chat would be downright hilarious.

Everytime I'm in a T9 match in an Atlanta...
FrayedCircularCattle-size_restricted.gif 

• Funny 2

[TS1]
Players
590 posts
7,618 battles

Why are people against this? If you don't want to participate in friendly chat, then don't. You can just go to port and start a new battle. Why the desire to stop others from enjoying something they want?

Also, most chat isn't toxic. Players in this game are mostly nice and polite.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
3,457 posts
9,340 battles
3 minutes ago, Runegrem said:

Robin+Hood+Men+in+Tights.+Incredulous.+S

• Funny 4

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,017 battles
12 minutes ago, Runegrem said:

Ah, how refreshing, the usual wargaming customer.

Sign in to follow this