Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
horusblack

penalty for accidentily killing my self?

21 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
1,001 battles

ok i understand the reasong for punishment when hitting allies but why the heck dit i get a punishment when i (god know how)  killed my self.

this sucks.

and like i said i do not even know how i killed my self, was steering my destroyer in a tense fight after unloading torpedos and suddenly BOOM! dead,

while the torps where well away.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
19,828 posts
12,377 battles

Some time ago there was a bug on some RU DD where you dropped torpedos on our deck at a certain angle. But that was over a year ago and never heard of it again.

A replay could help. Torping allies would be the more probable explanation.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Some time ago there was a bug on some RU DD where you dropped torpedos on our deck at a certain angle.

(featuring @T0byJug)

• Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,853 posts
17,260 battles
7 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

(featuring @T0byJug)

LOL this will follow me to my grave

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
1 hour ago, horusblack said:

ok i understand the reasong for punishment when hitting allies but why the heck dit i get a punishment when i (god know how)  killed my self.

this sucks.

and like i said i do not even know how i killed my self, was steering my destroyer in a tense fight after unloading torpedos and suddenly BOOM! dead,

Most likely you actually did torp an ally.

When you're pink (were you pink?) damage gets reflected on you. When you die this way, it's displayed as you killing yourself.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,380 battles

accidentily killing my self

I'm not sure if I should be laughing or crying about the stupidity of that right there :fish_palm:

this sucks.

Stop 2nd line torping like a mong. You hit your ally, dmg got reflected. Nothing accidental about that. Your torps = your responsibility.

Look around before launching them, and don't launch towards your allies

And before you go "of but those were at LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG range, not my fault" - at long range you'd die from your own flooding on that ally, but that would be slow-ish. That "boom, I'm dead" is a torpedo dmg reflection, which means that ally was hit within 5.5km of your torpedo launch. 100% your carelessness and your fault

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
1 hour ago, T0byJug said:

LOL this will follow me to my grave

only you are skilled enough in this game to torp yourself with a dd... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[BS4]
Players
1,102 posts
6,203 battles

Errrrm....As some have already pointed out...how many friendly's can you remember being in front of you (anywhere) when you released your torps?

If you cant remember or do not know....there is your answer.:cap_like:

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,544 posts
16,696 battles

Can't you kill yourself with torps in a DD by riding along the border and dropping torps at a specific angle? I remember seeing a video about that like 2 years ago.

Players
1,288 posts
7,508 battles

It is possible to kill yourself accidentally in a carrier. In fact I did torpedoed myself a few times (but didn't sunk, if I recall correctly). An enemy DD suddently appears next to my carrier. Almost point blank range, I have no choice but to torp him before he sinks me (or at least give the order to destroy him before my carrier it's sunk). Even worse when I selected the dd in autodrop mode and he suddently turned. Usually I got the dds but I received one or two of my own torps in the process.

Now. it would be a really [edited] if I get penaltied for that.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,380 battles
21 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

It is possible to kill yourself in a carrier, but there's nothing accidental about that

Ftfy

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles
8 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

:fish_palm:

Not going to say you're wrong, but you could stand to be a little less toxic. Being insulting isn't helpful; it's just being a [edited].

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
3 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

It is possible to kill yourself accidentally in a carrier. In fact I did torpedoed myself a few times (but didn't sunk, if I recall correctly). An enemy DD suddently appears next to my carrier. Almost point blank range, I have no choice but to torp him before he sinks me (or at least give the order to destroy him before my carrier it's sunk). Even worse when I selected the dd in autodrop mode and he suddently turned. Usually I got the dds but I received one or two of my own torps in the process.

Now. it would be a really [edited] if I get penaltied for that.

Had that happen to me in a DD. Went in for the kill on a CV, he dropped me with his torp bombers, I dodged and the torps hit him instead. I was, like, "OK, that happened. Thanks for that."

Players
356 posts
6,893 battles
On 6/13/2018 at 7:29 PM, wilkatis_LV said:
On 6/13/2018 at 6:03 PM, horusblack said:

accidentily killing my self

I'm not sure if I should be laughing or crying about the stupidity of that right there :fish_palm:

LOL

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles
15 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

You know, sometimes weird crap happens with torpedoes.

Orion OP, plz nerf. Oh, wait, that's true. :Smile_hiding:

Sign in to follow this