You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Up_The_Donald

Stop shooting my Yamato

30 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
Players
130 posts
7,852 battles

I like the Yamato.  I play solo and not in divisions meaning my win rate is just under 50%.  That isn't fair. 

I average over 100k damage per game with no support and no love.  That isn't fair.  

My win rate would be higher if people stopped targeting me.  There are other ships on my team to shoot at but I am targeted.  That isn't fair.

My ship looks lovely.  I've got two flags, the HSF flag and camo and the Yamamoto pennant.  When my ship burns it looks all grimy and charred like a dirty BBQ.  That isn't fair.

I've got big guns.  Really really big ones and I want to use them.  If I'm being targeted and having to survive I can't get the citadels and dev strikes that I really enjoy.  That isn't fair. 

Please all, spare a thought for my Yamato.  Shoot the Conqueror instead. 

Up The Donald 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 22

[ONE2]
Players
2,933 posts
17,547 battles

No worries Lad.:Smile_Default: I always shoot at the Conqueror first. It is much more burny and the super heal lets me farm more damage on just 1 target. :cap_like:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[YAMUM]
Players
1,809 posts
20,750 battles

though pure boredom detected, this is just too much of

like-a-boss.jpg

to be left aside.... 8/10:Smile_great: (at least ^^)

• Cool 1

Players
926 posts
14,695 battles

Well, that's what happens when you take the prettiest girl to the ball: all the stares and flirting go towards her. Better find a jealous chaperon that can take the brunt in your stead, like a KM BB without CE, although to a practical effect both will still be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of attention.

Salute.

• Cool 1

Players
701 posts
8,863 battles

Options: 

- Get Fire fighter (thats not an option, thats an order actually)

- Consider a stealth build. I dont like it, i like to tank in my yamato, but that involves getting shot at. Then again, anyone who can shoot at you is in your range aswell eh

- Delete all HE cruisers first

- Plan actions 2 battles ahead

- Try to catch fire from 3 different enemies at a time at most. 

Yamato is a lady that, as said, needs some love. Treat her right & shell be good to you

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles
5 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Plz buff Yammy, she totes underpowahd

It needs radar

• Funny 1

Players
701 posts
8,863 battles

If the Yamato would need any buff at all it would be the following:

While using a spotter plane you get access to an artillery style gunnery mode (either that, or enhanced zoom). 

Currently the spotter planes are nice for shooting over islands, spotting etc, but they are virtually useless in hitting moving long range target- good luck hitting a moving target beyond the base 26.6km range. 

It would make sense to give the Yamato (and perhaps Musashi) a different position here from other battleships, since Yamato is one of the few battleships that actually HISTORICALLY used a spotter plane for ranging & aiming sometimes (since gun range > visible horizon). 

Im not sure which other ships used this, but it'd be a cool functionality that doesnt impact it too much but would allow it to make use of the long range a bit better.

[ALONE]
Players
1,417 posts
10,924 battles
1 hour ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Underwater citadel?:cap_haloween:

Or rather raise other BB citadels. :cap_cool:

• Cool 2

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles
14 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

You mean, like, how it used to be, before the BB potatoes got pandered to?

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,623 posts
16,740 battles
19 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

Comrade.

Are you of real mind?

Suggest big battleship be punish for showing broadside?

gulag-gulag-gulag-gulag-gulag-gulag-gula

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,872 posts
10,130 battles
1 hour ago, EdiJo said:

They did that once.
It was fixed after 3 weeks :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles

I think other BB should have their Citadel raised. I hate how they comfortably sail broadside  while my yamato has to be careful. Perhaps not every BB, kurfurst might be the only exception because their guns suck compared to Yamato and Montana. The fact that majority clans will play Montana says something. Good guns and wont overpen cruisers 24/7. Conq might be another option but you dont want to see your bb spam HE.

• Cool 1

Players
701 posts
8,863 battles
8 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

I think other BB should have their Citadel raised. I hate how they comfortably sail broadside  while my yamato has to be careful. Perhaps not every BB, kurfurst might be the only exception because their guns suck compared to Yamato and Montana. The fact that majority clans will play Montana says something. Good guns and wont overpen cruisers 24/7. Conq might be another option but you dont want to see your bb spam HE.

My god, you do know that a Yamato can citadel EVERY other battleship in game (incl montana, GK etc) at 23km distance?

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles
15 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

My god, you do know that a Yamato can citadel EVERY other battleship in game (incl montana, GK etc) at 23km distance?

In theory yes. Good luck citadeling the likes of Conq and Kurfurst. Dont get me wrong, Yamato does have the strongest guns but with that comes alot of cons. Extremely slow turret trev and you overpen cruisers quite a lot, not to mention I have only 9 of these guns. Other than that the ship is very big and easily set on fire and its one of the slowest ones. And if I happen to show broadside once while trying to retreat, I will eat a 40k volley if Im lucky. Yamato is the least forgiving BB out there and I would not recommend it as your first BB. And with next season clan changes, Yamato becomes the least viable one. 

Players
701 posts
8,863 battles
11 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

In theory yes. Good luck citadeling the likes of Conq and Kurfurst. Dont get me wrong, Yamato does have the strongest guns but with that comes alot of cons. Extremely slow turret trev and you overpen cruisers quite a lot, not to mention I have only 9 of these guns. Other than that the ship is very big and easily set on fire and its one of the slowest ones. And if I happen to show broadside once while trying to retreat, I will eat a 40k volley if Im lucky. Yamato is the least forgiving BB out there and I would not recommend it as your first BB. And with next season clan changes, Yamato becomes the least viable one. 

Hahaha omfg

Okay, i have the yamato myself. Yes, it is a little forgiving BB. No, it is not weak. Yes, if you die all the time you play it completely wrong

The Yamato doctrine everyone should know: you have to plan every move two minutes ahead. That includes turning, shooting, aiming, etc. If you dont do that,  you should not be playing the yamato.

On citadelling: its not just theory for me.... 

The traverse is horrible yes. If you only overpen cruisers: maybe you shouldnt aim for the superstructure. 

Slow? true, but manageable

Broadside showing? God yes that hurts but you should know that when youve reached tier 10 in the IJN BBs

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles
10 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Hahaha omfg

Okay, i have the yamato myself. Yes, it is a little forgiving BB. No, it is not weak. Yes, if you die all the time you play it completely wrong

The Yamato doctrine everyone should know: you have to plan every move two minutes ahead. That includes turning, shooting, aiming, etc. If you dont do that,  you should not be playing the yamato.

On citadelling: its not just theory for me.... 

The traverse is horrible yes. If you only overpen cruisers: maybe you shouldnt aim for the superstructure. 

Slow? true, but manageable

Broadside showing? God yes that hurts but you should know that when youve reached tier 10 in the IJN BBs

So we agree on everything except on citadeling every BB at 23 km distance. Damn you must be pretty good to be able to citadel every BB at 23 km consistantly. :cap_popcorn: