Nicho

Server in client locked to WOWS NA

7 comments in this topic

Question

Beta Tester
3 posts
3,849 battles

Hi I've been away from the game for a while because the game client size became ridiculously large for a game like this and I didn't have the space at the time.  Now i have a bigger HDD i thought I would re-download the game.  Went through the 8hr process of downloading installing, downloading, installing etc. Loaded the client, put in my username and password... "wrong username / pw".  Tried about a dozen times then decided to just reset my pw, did that, tried to log on again with new password, still doesnt work... ok maybe its a synchronization issue between different servers within wargaming, i'll give it 5 mins and try again.  Tried again 10 mins later, still not able to log in.  At this point i realize im defaulting to the NA server and cannot change it where im sure you used to be able to change it.  So after that life story, how do I change to the EU server in the client?... and plz dont tell me i have to download the client again cos the only thing that will be happening is uninstall... thanks in advance :)

6 answers to this question

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,440 posts
11,425 battles

I haven't tried this myself, but apparently there is a mod for this:

Zitat

Aslain mod pack recently added in an external application, WoWs Realms Tool, which is a region changer.

Run the WoWs Realms Tool, select the region you want, click Apply and exit. Then run World of Warships.

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-0750-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview/

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,436 posts
13,843 battles

Did you download the NA installer? If the mod doesn't work make sure to download the EU installer instead. Sucks that you'll have to redownload the entire game but it's the only surefire solution.

Every region has its own WoWs client which is locked to that specific region. You can't change it (unless ofc the mod works) and usually need to install a client for every region if you want to play on more than one.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,258 posts
6,795 battles
2 hours ago, Nicho said:
Spoiler

Hi I've been away from the game for a while because the game client size became ridiculously large for a game like this and I didn't have the space at the time.  Now i have a bigger HDD i thought I would re-download the game.  Went through the 8hr process of downloading installing, downloading, installing etc. Loaded the client, put in my username and password... "wrong username / pw".  Tried about a dozen times then decided to just reset my pw, did that, tried to log on again with new password, still doesnt work... ok maybe its a synchronization issue between different servers within wargaming, i'll give it 5 mins and try again.  Tried again 10 mins later, still not able to log in.  At this point i realize im defaulting to the NA server and cannot change it where im sure you used to be able to change it.  So after that life story, how do I change to the EU server in the client?... and plz dont tell me i have to download the client again cos the only thing that will be happening is uninstall... thanks in advance :)

Probably helps if you actually download the EU one not NA client ( worldofwarships .eu not .com )

2 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

there is a mod for this:

Except that:

• NA gets updates 2 days before EU. So every time there's an update coming you can't play on Tuesday and Wednesday
    • Big patch full of new content or just mid-patch hotfix for 1 small thing - doesn't matter, your version doesn't match
  • I can recall at least 1 case (not the patch number itself, just that this happened) where for a while (2 weeks?) EU was playing on a different version to RU and NA bcuz while they got the patch itself, we got it with a bugfix for something included
    • Again - you have different version, tough luck, you can't play

Just delete the NA client, go get the EU one, leave it over night to install

• Cool 1

Players
952 posts
8,500 battles

If you run EU you download the EU game.

If you run NA you download NA.

Google search will give you both downloads if you ask specifically for them.

If you want both then when you download the first change the file name to be saved by just adding a 1 to the end and change nothing on the second.

They will then work independently of each other and update independently although you can only open one at a time.

I have both NA and EU versions on one HDD.

Players
2,371 posts
6,683 battles

What I do is use Aslains to switch between NA and EU servers (also to get rid of the screenblockingbadgesafterdeath). The slightly different update times are the only major drawback, as has been mentioned before :Smile_Default: