Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Moonguard

Detectability Issue with FPS and Graphics...

19 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
1,842 battles

Hello, I have noticed that even though I have similar or better concealment ships seem to detect me first. I think there is a really big problem with the rendering or graphics settings. I am on laptop so I put it on low graphics quality to get more fps which is around 30 but I think this is affecting my gameplay vastly. However, this shouldn't definitely happen because it should just affect the graphics. I noticed that most of the cases the enemy ships shot the first shot because of this some sort of rendering issue. I have also proved that with my friends on discord because they said to focus a ship that I didn't even see yet. Also, after with the latest patch after I see the spotted icon and music starts the ship appears like 1 or 2 seconds later so that gave me another reason to create this topic. I wonder if I am the only one who is having this issue or not

Please note that this has nothing to do with spotting or game mechanics because I am very well experienced with the game concepts and have tried almost every scenario. Therefore, I am going to give you some examples. I am playing with z-46, there is a myoko inside the island but I see him, then he disappears for a couple of seconds and leaves the island from right in 4km range. My guns are aiming at him my entire vision is clear and there is nothing in my path. He starts to shows his front but I don't see him instantly then he sees me and shoots me even though I was never detected till now. At that moment I only see him even with spotted icon early and shoot back. Additional example, I rush to cap so is the enemy dd.  We have same or a bit better spotting range but I see detected and spotted icon. He shots me first I see his ship after like 1-2 second later that I saw spotted icon, so I shot him later. There are so many other examples that I can give but I think you got the point. 

I am not entirely sure if this caused by low fps(around 30) or graphics settings. However, I do know that this affects my gameplay severaly because the enemies will always get the first shot on me and you know how important this is.  I hope that this issue is fixable and I will be able to play the game in more fair circumstances. 

• Boring 1

Players
132 posts
5,903 battles

This is not an issue, this is intended.....the delay between being "spoted" and getting rendered is between 2 and 5 seconds, depending on your ping or general connection to the server....

[PMI]
Players
2,350 posts
5,540 battles
31 minutes ago, Moonguard said:

Please note that this has nothing to do with spotting or game mechanics because I am very well experienced with the game concepts and have tried almost every scenario.

I am not entirely sure if this caused by low fps(around 30) or graphics settings. However, I do know that this affects my gameplay severaly because the enemies will always get the first shot on me and you know how important this is.  I hope that this issue is fixable and I will be able to play the game in more fair circumstances. 

So, do your under 1500 battles make you "well experienced so I know its not this"?

Or you are "not entirely sure if its this-or-that", you cant have it both ways.

Your laptop has other issues besides requiring you to play on lower settings, look it up.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Players
132 posts
5,903 battles

well i know that the ping shouldnt increase rendering time but for me its the only explanation, i have a 1080ti and have rendering times of 2-5 sec and on other times its like 1-2....like its supposed to be.....i would guess (im no expert for pc stuff) its something realted to the ping but *shrugs* like i said im no expert

Players
6 posts
1,842 battles
3 minutes ago, PaxMaggie said:

well i know that the ping shouldnt increase rendering time but for me its the only explanation, i have a 1080ti and have rendering times of 2-5 sec and on other times its like 1-2....like its supposed to be.....i would guess (im no expert for pc stuff) its something realted to the ping but *shrugs* like i said im no expert

Yeah man thats fine.  I guess what I want to learn the most the effect of low fps or graphics quality on the rendering process. I feel like its increasing this process. 

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,363 posts
4,147 battles
24 minutes ago, Moonguard said:

Why are you so salty kid? Has your parent's don't feed you enough? This comes from a guy that has 3k battles and still have %53 winrate. You are so good please teach us your vast knowledge. I don't need to have 3k battles like you to understand the game mechanism and concepts. I am a quick learner and I have read and research every stuff, and I wrote that sentence avoid kids like you but clearly its not working. Besides, I already have your winrate with the issue and fps that I am having and I have more than %60 winrate  over weeks. Now, stop sullying my thread and go find another sad person to argue. 

About the ping stuff, its around 40 ms so thats like 0.004 second delay. I am talking about seconds here. I am talking about the ships that hit me first before I am able to hit them first even though I have the advantage. I am talking about a myoko attacks me first before I am even able to shoot him. Due to my profession I know how these stuff works so I am wondering if there any problems related to rendering with different graphics cards, fps, location.

You came here to forum and ask a question, and then when someone post you something you are going to insult him?

You are not woth any answer for any question with such behavior, it seems to me you ride a very high hores and will fall very deep!

And btw i think you have no clue about the spotting mechanics of this game!

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,765 posts
10,662 battles
35 minutes ago, Moonguard said:

Why are you so salty kid? Has your parent's don't feed you enough? This comes from a guy that has 3k battles and still have %53 winrate. You are so good please teach us your vast knowledge. I don't need to have 3k battles like you to understand the game mechanism and concepts. I am a quick learner and I have read and research every stuff, and I wrote that sentence avoid kids like you but clearly its not working. Besides, I already have your winrate with the issue and fps that I am having and I have more than %60 winrate  over weeks. Now, stop sullying my thread and go find another sad person to argue. 

About the ping stuff, its around 40 ms so thats like 0.004 second delay. I am talking about seconds here. I am talking about the ships that hit me first before I am able to hit them first even though I have the advantage. I am talking about a myoko attacks me first before I am even able to shoot him. Due to my profession I know how these stuff works so I am wondering if there any problems related to rendering with different graphics cards, fps, location.

You're extremely arrogant for someone who comes seeking answers to questions that - contrary to your claims of being extremely experienced - seems to highlight holes in your knowledge of game mechanics. Basically...

1 hour ago, Moonguard said:

Please note that this has nothing to do with spotting or game mechanics because I am very well experienced with the game concepts and have tried almost every scenario.

You're wrong here. It has everything to do with spotting mechanics - because they come with some extra aspects you're apparently not aware of.

The spotting mechanics come with built-in delay. This is intended as a way of equalizing chances, so that people with good hardware aren't given a headstart when it comes to spotting. Recently there was even some controversy about this - basically, the moment you're spotted, the outline of your ship appears on enemy minimaps. Your ship itself is rendered with a couple seconds delay (I think it was 2 or 3, I'm not entirely sure what the specific number is). The controversy came from WG's idea of unifying this by introducing the same delay for the minimap. Due to very negative feedback, the idea was dropped (for now) and the only thing that got unified was rendering of the ship itself and some accompanying effects that weren't necessarily synchronized in their appearance.

Still, as mentioned - the delay is there to make worse rigs equal. However, this does not work perfectly - and sometimes, when you're playing on old hardware, you can get longer delay. So if you're really sure that the enemy starts shooting at you before they appear (rather than being better at pre-aiming guns and opening fire right the moment you appear), this can indeed be part of your problem. This isn't an FPS or latency (ping) problem, mind you - it seems to have something to do with your RAM, however. If you keep facing the issue, I'd personally recommend trying to close background programs, especially the memory-heavy ones. Especially web browsers can lowkey eat resources like crazy - try closing them and check if the issue persists. But, once again: just having a rendering delay is game mechanics - you SHOULD be spotted before the enemy appears (and the enemy faces the exact same situation - he too gets Detected warning before he sees you if both of you have the same spotting range). It's an issue if you get a delay longer than you should (and thus longer than other players).

PS: I think I've seen someone claiming (I'm not sure how trustworthy the claim is) that bots don't suffer from rendering delay, so if your problems only appear while facing bots in coop and/or operations it MIGHT be just a "natural disadvantage" caused by the way AI and its interaction with spotting is implemented. Or it might not - as said, I'm not sure how credible the "bots cheat" claim is, really.

• Bad 1

Players
6 posts
1,842 battles
9 minutes ago, Arakus said:

You came here to forum and ask a question, and then when someone post you something you are going to insult him?

You are not woth any answer for any question with such behavior, it seems to me you ride a very high hores and will fall very deep!

And btw i think you have no clue about the spotting mechanics of this game!

Instead of him answering the topic he comes and talks about the amount of the games that I played and tells me that I don't know anything. He doesn't answer a single question at all, does not wish to help in anyway possible, talks about something and doesn't even bother elaborates it because he is clueless and doesn't know anything. He sends a message just to cause an argument and increase his messages. Clearly, we have clearly different standarts on who is insulting who. I could not be more glad that "you" refused to share your nonexistant knowledge. Lastly,  I take it as a compliment that you think I have no idea about the game mechanics.

• Bad 1

Players
132 posts
5,903 battles
22 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Still, as mentioned - the delay is there to make worse rigs equal. However, this does not work perfectly - and sometimes, when you're playing on old hardware, you can get longer delay. So if you're really sure that the enemy starts shooting at you before they appear (rather than being better at pre-aiming guns and opening fire right the moment you appear), this can indeed be part of your problem. This isn't an FPS or latency (ping) problem, mind you - it seems to have something to do with your RAM, however. If you keep facing the issue, I'd personally recommend trying to close background programs, especially the memory-heavy ones. Especially web browsers can lowkey eat resources like crazy - try closing them and check if the issue persists. But, once again: just having a rendering delay is game mechanics - you SHOULD be spotted before the enemy appears (and the enemy faces the exact same situation - he too gets Detected warning before he sees you if both of you have the same spotting range). It's an issue if you get a delay longer than you should (and thus longer than other players).

PS: I think I've seen someone claiming (I'm not sure how trustworthy the claim is) that bots don't suffer from rendering delay, so if your problems only appear while facing bots in coop and/or operations it MIGHT be just a "natural disadvantage" caused by the way AI and its interaction with spotting is implemented. Or it might not - as said, I'm not sure how credible the "bots cheat" claim is, really.

The RAM is an interesting approach, might be useful to know Moonguards RAM, i have 16 GB but i admit i ran Chrome in the background for music.....on my Laptop (still more than capable to play WoWs) i dont have the issues but i dont run a browser besides WoWs, so it might be the RAM.........

and to the bot topic, at least in Operations they start shooting with the same delay a normal player would, might be because they have to turn their guns or because the rendering mechanic works there as well.....

Players
6 posts
1,842 battles
11 minutes ago, eliastion said:

You're extremely arrogant for someone who comes seeking answers to questions that - contrary to your claims of being extremely experienced - seems to highlight holes in your knowledge of game mechanics. Basically...

You're wrong here. It has everything to do with spotting mechanics - because they come with some extra aspects you're apparently not aware of.

The spotting mechanics come with built-in delay. This is intended as a way of equalizing chances, so that people with good hardware aren't given a headstart when it comes to spotting. Recently there was even some controversy about this - basically, the moment you're spotted, the outline of your ship appears on enemy minimaps. Your ship itself is rendered with a couple seconds delay (I think it was 2 or 3, I'm not entirely sure what the specific number is). The controversy came from WG's idea of unifying this by introducing the same delay for the minimap. Due to very negative feedback, the idea was dropped (for now) and the only thing that got unified was rendering of the ship itself and some accompanying effects that weren't necessarily synchronized in their appearance.

I didn't come here to seek answers I came here to share experience there is a big difference about that. 

Its amazing that you tell one thing and then you discredite it by yourself that I have already known. Then, you say the exactly the same mechanics that I have said earlier and think that its somehow original and your idea. Then you call me arrogant without any evidence or reason and didn't even back it up anyway possible. I thought insults are not allowed in this forums.  I haven't said anything about offensive here and two of here talk completely nonsense. You are extremely arrogant and empty at the same time. What a waste of my time and words. 

It has nothing to do with ram or background apps. My ram is more than enough for this game and the frequency is high. It only has bad graphics card. I am talking about the enemy ships attacks gets the first shot almost every time even though I have the advantage or same situation. Its like I am talking to brick wall...

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
6 posts
1,842 battles
7 minutes ago, PaxMaggie said:

The RAM is an interesting approach, might be useful to know Moonguards RAM, i have 16 GB but i admit i ran Chrome in the background for music.....on my Laptop (still more than capable to play WoWs) i dont have the issues but i dont run a browser besides WoWs, so it might be the RAM.........

and to the bot topic, at least in Operations they start shooting with the same delay a normal player would, might be because they have to turn their guns or because the rendering mechanic works there as well.....

I have 8 gbs ram which is more than this game needs. Only my graphics card is bad the rest is above average.

• Bad 1

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
369 posts
7,263 battles

WoWS cannot use more than 4GB of RAM as it is not a 64 bit application.

Regardless, I have 32GB of RAM, an i7 7700K and 2x GTX 1080ti, ships render a few seconds after being spotted and revealed on the minimap for me also, it is not caused by our machines it is a limit imposed by WG for whatever reason (reduce strain on network resources, reduce compute requirements, level playing field for players whose machines may render ships slower than others by creating a purposeful delay? who knows).

Whatever the reason, the delay between when a ship is confirmed spotted and its model rendering is intentional and neither a bug nor client side hardware fault.

[DAVY]
Players
1,538 posts
9,015 battles

maybe it'd help if you posted the laptop specs, WoWS isn't that dependant on just the GPU, plus laptops tend to get hotter than desktops which can also cause problems...

[ADRIA]
Players
4,214 posts
6,775 battles
4 hours ago, Moonguard said:

I have noticed that even though I have similar or better concealment ships seem to detect me first.

Do you mean similar and / or better base concealment? Bcuz there are camos, skills and modules that reduce it

Please note that this has nothing to do with spotting or game mechanics because I am very well experienced with

1st - ahahaha, yeah, you're obviously "experienced" with your 1337 battles. Clearly.

2nd - I love how wrong you are (added this point after reading your whole post) bcuz this has everything to do with the game mechanics which you claim to know so well :fish_palm:

Also, after with the latest patch after I see the spotted icon and music starts the ship appears like 1 or 2 seconds later

It's not "after the last patch", you just started noticing now. It's been like that for ages. There is intentional 1...2 sec delay on your screen. Spotted ship is always visible on your minimap, and you instantly lock on it if your guns are pointed in his direction. That's exactly how it works for everyone

If you find yourself getting loaded slower than that - the fault is in your toaster, probably something like an old & slow HDD or whatever. Get an SSD - that seems to fix most problems like this

3 hours ago, Moonguard said:

I have more than %60 winrate  over weeks

Ahahaha, no you don't

Your overall WR - 52.9% (so lower than the "53%" of the guy you shamed for having a low WR). But hey, at least you've been getting those "over 60% for weeks now", right? Ahahaha, do you really think we can't check?

Last 21 days (that's 3 weeks, since you seem to have trouble with numbers): 240 battles, 55.4% WR. That's not even close to those 60% you claim for yourself

TL;DR - stop being an arrogant a** who thinks he knows everything bcuz he has played the game for 10min and listen to what smarter people tell you

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
7 posts
4,663 battles

I could imagine that the smoke from ships funnels is not rendered/displayed  with low graphics settings. And this appears usually before the actual ship is rendered. This tells where to shoot before you can actually see the ship and maybe gives your opponents the headstart with shooting.

[DAVY]
Players
1,138 posts
5,138 battles

Dear OP,

This is an internet community,

communicating over words most of the times are not enough for people, especially when some people are oversalty and arrogant. (not pointing any fingers now)

My advice to you,

You claim having a problem, which does not caused by ingame mechs or connection issues, or RAM..

Please put a couple replays for people to check.. give the timestamps for the incidents.

Then people can really understand and answer your problem here..

Good day!

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,765 posts
10,662 battles
7 hours ago, Moonguard said:

I didn't come here to seek answers I came here to share experience there is a big difference about that. 

Oh, so you're just here to show off how ignorant you are and to make yourself a laughingstock?

Sorry to have misunderstood your intentions, go ahead :Smile_teethhappy:

7 hours ago, Moonguard said:

I thought insults are not allowed in this forums.

Did you, really? Your second post in this thread starts with this:

8 hours ago, Moonguard said:

Why are you so salty kid? Has your parent's don't feed you enough?

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,256 posts
11,689 battles

Closing this topic on request. Guys, please stay constructive and respectful to each other - this applies to both creator of the thread and participants :Smile_Default:

Have a nice day,

Crysantos

• Cool 1