Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
blackhawk666

CYCLONE do you like them?

Do you enjoy battles with cyclones?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy battles with cyclones?

• Yes they are great
    • No i don't like it
    • I'm groot

40 comments in this topic

Players
9 posts
6,798 battles

Hello everyone !

My question is simple: Do you like battles with cyclone?

I think they are awfully bad for multiple reasons.

1- In a battleship : As you are rarely on the 8km of the enemy fleet, you lose your time trying to reach action (it can be very long with slow BBs) and then you finally only reach a DD and get deleted.

2- In a cruiser : You don't want to be that close most of the time, except some tanky+torps CC like hindenburg

3- Not too painful here but you don't want to find a radar cruiser near you.

4- In CV it's bad too.

In all cases it reduce gameplay possibilities to something as stupid as a rock paper scissors.

Last thing: it happens way to much ! Yesterday 4 times in a row!  Multiple times per day everyday is too much.

[POI--]
Players
3,912 posts
5,023 battles

But cyclone is best BB weather. Needs not even be German. Any BB that can brawl should love cyclones.

And you have like 5 minutes to get into position, so even a 21 knot dreadnought can get into position.

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,687 posts
5,569 battles

You easily can turn them to your advantage.

BB: It's brawling time. No more being spammed by HE from 20km. Getting close isn't a problem unless you were too far back in the first place.

CA: if you have torps/like to brawl then it's brawling time. If not then you can happily cap without being deleted.

DD: business as usual, now you only have 1 person shooting you if you get spotted.

CV: they don't see your planes until you're already dropping.

Players
9 posts
6,798 battles

You can not go into position too soon because everybody will see you and you will get focus. Everybody can rejoin the fight but you lose your time multiple minutes (the battles are already too short with the meta "run to the borders")

The brawling time is random time, i don't like random.

Players
577 posts
4,698 battles

Cyclones are cake for BBs. Just delete anything as soon as it appears.

Cruisers are the only class that I feel truly suffer in cyclones, the others can make it work but cruisers have by far the biggest margin for error. As per usual ...

• Cool 1

Players
9 posts
6,798 battles

Cake for BBs only if they are no DDs, no Cruisers with torps rushing you (especially if you can't overmatch the nose), no more than 1 or 2 targets to deal with (depending what target).

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,450 posts
13,843 battles
37 minutes ago, blackhawk666 said:

4- In CV it's bad too.

Are you joking? A cyclone is the greatest thing that can ever happen to you in a CV. It basically gives you the ability to ignore AA until you're within drop distance. And if you've made a perfect approach you will lock in before someone can even react thanks to rendering time, making DFAA useless.

• Cool 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,507 posts
10 minutes ago, blackhawk666 said:

Cake for BBs only if they are no DDs, no Cruisers with torps rushing you (especially if you can't overmatch the nose), no more than 1 or 2 targets to deal with (depending what target).

It's only a problem for BBs if they don't know how the WASD anti-torp hack works and didn't pay attention from which direction those torp ships they might head towards them.

Players
961 posts
4,865 battles

While it has some problems connected to it, I like it, same as detonations. The element of randomness makes battles and tactics more diverse and the game less stale. Though going up against a Moskva is rather bad. 

Players
2,743 posts
15,619 battles

poll has insuficient answers....

it verry much depends in which ship i am and if theres a CV  if i like them or not

Players
577 posts
4,698 battles
23 minutes ago, blackhawk666 said:

Well, it is you against a number of people who have already said that BBs flourish in cyclones. Also, "only if there are no DDs" is a thing for BBs even without a cyclone.

Players
9 posts
6,798 battles

Why you try to turn this discussion into a fight between me vs people?

I'm just here to see the point of view of other players and expose mine. I respect all opinion but that don't mean i will change mine.

Players
577 posts
4,698 battles
3 minutes ago, blackhawk666 said:

Why you try to turn this discussion into a fight between me vs people?

I'm just here to see the point of view of other players and expose mine. I respect all opinion but that don't mean i will change mine.

That is cute but I'm not starting a fight.

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

For me DDs are probably the worst class to be stuck in a cyclone in. You lose the overwhelming majority of your spotting advantage and are forced to walk a tightrope in order to spot enemies and get torps off without being spotted in return, or else risk return fire at dangerously close range if you decide to use guns. Cruisers and BBs do just fine in cyclones, it can provide for some great opportunities to ambush and outplay enemies if you're paying attention and position yourself well.

Definitely a positive for the game. While it can shut down games if you're unluckily positioned and/or have eliminated the enemies in your vicinity already, far more often it provides for some very fun and intense brawling. Almost like a mini-reset button just to mix things up.

Players
9 posts
6,798 battles

Interesting,

The moment when the cyclone start is random i think and it will determine if the battle will be playable or not.

I have already had the cyclone from the beginning which is unpleasant because it is impossible to know what we will meet.

if it appears in late game it shut down the last part of the battle as you said.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
877 posts
5,131 battles

I don't like them in a DD as I've lost my stealth.

I presume that fir BBs they can be bad if your guns are not facing the correct direction (if you're not hiding in a corner somewhere).

[BS4]
Players
766 posts
5,159 battles

Put this topic up a while ago and im not a huge fan of cyclones as too many times my team have had the lead then it all go's pear shaped when a cyclone hits and we loose.

But perhaps I just need to play the situation better and be more aware of previous enemy positions?

Or its I am a Cl player and maybe I just get the raw end of the stick in cyclones:cap_hmm:

either way not to bothered by them now.....

Beta Tester
7 posts
4,679 battles

I generally like cyclones. They change teamplay and tactics. Now you are forced to play coordinated with a lot more ships than usual and apply flanking in a much more confined space. The better your team is able to move together without blocking lines of fire/torps, the better will be the results . And at the same time scouting is very important. Maybe you don‘t like it, because  you have to rely on average joe much more than the usual 2 - 4 decent players or your division to carry it and control 2/3 of a map. But I as an average joe like it and I think it is good for a refreshing gameplay experience. Not all the same all the time.

Players
1,583 posts
6,243 battles

I personal like the weather very much, even if it has it's limitation because it is arcade after all.

• Boring 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,141 posts
5,915 battles

I like groot :Smile_trollface:

Players
600 posts

Cyclones happen far too often. They are a major nerf to higher tiered cruisers, most of which suffer enough already.

How about having some cyclones where the visibility is reduced to 14 kms instead of 8 kms, to at least give cruisers a bit more chance?

Sign in to follow this