Aotearas

Godawfully slow and laggy port

10 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
7,282 posts
9,504 battles

What the hell did you guys do to make the port that horridly slow and laggy? It even freezes up completely for a couple seconds every now and then and becomes totally unresponsive.

Port never was particularily good as far back as I can remember, but this current state is a new low. And It's most certainly not my PC being slow because I'm not trying to run this game on a TI-82. Nor is my game modded to the extreme or multitudes of parallel programs running in the background which could cause performance issues.

Seriously, what the hell?

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,230 posts
7,027 battles

it must be working as intended since its like this since like forever as you mentioned

not to mention opening contact list

[SCRUB]
Players
7,282 posts
9,504 battles
1 hour ago, von_chom said:

it must be working as intended since its like this since like forever as you mentioned

not to mention opening contact list

Not like this though.

It was never particularily responsive but at least it wasn't lagging as often as it does now, nevermind completely freeze up for several seconds with annoying regularity.

[WASP_]
Players
163 posts
On 12/06/2018 at 3:05 PM, Aotearas said:

What the hell did you guys do to make the port that horridly slow and laggy? It even freezes up completely for a couple seconds every now and then and becomes totally unresponsive.

Port never was particularily good as far back as I can remember, but this current state is a new low. And It's most certainly not my PC being slow because I'm not trying to run this game on a TI-82. Nor is my game modded to the extreme or multitudes of parallel programs running in the background which could cause performance issues.

Seriously, what the hell?

Thank god I thought I was going Crazy. I find for me it lags for a second on the modals tab and exterior tab. 

[UNICS]
Players
1,183 posts
14,971 battles

there is a huge bottleneck in performance, i think mostly its to their database/webservice of what ever they use to store the info...

is the db running on the same  server of the application , if not it has to do it through tcp protocol lel

[SCRUB]
Players
7,282 posts
9,504 battles

Oh dear Lord, just tried to find a player so I can PM him and it took me a full minute waiting through the unresponsive, lagging chat UI constantly interrupted by multiple seconds of the UI just completely freezing until I could FINALLY write the PM.

Are you guys running your chat servers on a lemon or something?

Players
721 posts
10,603 battles

Chat servers are running on a TI-83 plus.

Also cluttering the port with 10 thousand "News" and videos without fixing it 1st probably didn't help much.

Funny that the port is the only part of the "game" that ramps up my gpu fans.

[OP-B]
Players
114 posts
9,759 battles

Yea this has been issue since I started playing the game. Horrific interface, lag whenever opening contact list, changing views. God forbid you search for player name in contacts. Changing camos has started to lag lately too. This is beyond pathetic.