You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
jensdecoolegast

Good premiums?

101 comments in this topic

Players
43 posts
1,090 battles

Hey everyone

I would like to ask what premium i should get. I don't want to buy a hunk of junk for an incredibly high amount of doubloons, so i'll need some guidance here. I have been looking at Scharnhorst and Tirpitz in the past, but i'd like some of your opinions.

[ONE2]
Players
2,396 posts
14,381 battles

What tier are you playing at currently in the regular tech tree? Choose one that is roughly at the same level you are playing. Suddenly jumping to high tiers is only going to be a waste of money and will get you slaughtered quickly (not to mention very unpopular with your teammates), no fun either. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
968 posts
10,888 battles

Scharnhorst - I've said it before and I'll say it again, that ship is as much fun as you can have with your pants on.

• Cool 2

Players
43 posts
1,090 battles
2 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

What tier are you playing at currently in the regular tech tree? Choose one that is roughly at the same level you are playing. Suddenly jumping to high tiers is only going to be a waste of money and will get you slaughtered quickly (not to mention very unpopular with your teammates), no fun either. :Smile_Default:

Had like 3 accounts already. Reached tier 6 in the first, 4 in the second and now im at 5

[BYOB]
Players
3,074 posts
11,057 battles
5 minutes ago, jensdecoolegast said:

Hey everyone

I would like to ask what premium i should get. I don't want to buy a hunk of junk for an incredibly high amount of doubloons, so i'll need some guidance here. I have been looking at Scharnhorst and Tirpitz in the past, but i'd like some of your opinions.

Buy Giulio Cesare. Solid ship, relatively low tier, you'll learn how to angle pretty fast or you'll eat citadels.

Scharnhorst is good if you want to really go ham with secondaries. But you'll need to train up a German BB captain fast to really perform.

• Cool 2

Players
43 posts
1,090 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

Buy Giulio Cesare. Solid ship, relatively low tier, you'll learn how to angle pretty fast or you'll eat citadels.

Scharnhorst is good if you want to really go ham with secondaries. But you'll need to train up a German BB captain fast to really perform.

Heh, angling. I got a oktabrskaya last christmas from a container. I kinda learned it the hard way.

Players
1,752 posts
9,924 battles

I had a look at your stats OP and I would say Scharn will be better for you. At the very least you wouldn't get into tier 10 games and get disenchanted quickly. Good tier range to play around. Plus the ship is pretty all rounded. Decent guns,  decent AA, speed and armour.

That are just follow what @Aragathorsaid and get the Giulio. More beginber friendly.

[ONE2]
Players
2,396 posts
14,381 battles
3 minutes ago, jensdecoolegast said:

Is Tirpitz an option? Or is that one too expensive?

Perhaps Lad, but a tad high tier at the moment. You seem to be doing much better in DD's. Maybe you could consider a Premium DD instead? Anshan perhaps? Or any other tier 6 ship, there seems be  loads of rather good ships available. Or then wait a while. Grind yourself up to tier 7 in Battleships and try out Gneisenau first. If you like it, you will do well in Scahanhorst also.:cap_hmm:

Players
264 posts
6,964 battles

Tirpitz is funny but not amazingly differentiating from gneisenau/ bismarck. 

If you have a buck to spare and like a ship with a seperate playstyle i can recommend the atlanta, which is currently for purchase in shop. 

Amazing ship, not that expensive & really funny to play, plus you can use it for DD and cruiser training

Players
43 posts
1,090 battles
6 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Tirpitz is funny but not amazingly differentiating from gneisenau/ bismarck. 

If you have a buck to spare and like a ship with a seperate playstyle i can recommend the atlanta, which is currently for purchase in shop. 

Amazing ship, not that expensive & really funny to play, plus you can use it for DD and cruiser training

Ah, the lolanta. Definately on my wishlist, i've been looking at a few reviews, and i like it. Problem is, i've not been doin good in a USN cruiser like her for a while. Might just be cause im stuck on phoenix

[ONE2]
Players
2,396 posts
14,381 battles
7 minutes ago, jensdecoolegast said:

Ah, the lolanta. Definately on my wishlist, i've been looking at a few reviews, and i like it. Problem is, i've not been doin good in a USN cruiser like her for a while. 

No problem. :Smile_Default: Practice makes perfect, as they say. Get a few more games under your belt and it will go fine. Also, it has torps and a sh*itload of (small) guns so it kinda plays a lot (well, maybe not that much but anyway) like the earlier USN Light Cruisers so the adjustment will not be too hard. You wanna grind some credit with it after all, so getting good games helps a lot towards that end.:Smile_coin:

[POI--]
Players
3,890 posts
5,016 battles

For doubloons, Scharnhorst. For money, Giulio Cesare.

With max tier 6, I'd not yet recommend the Atlanta, but with more experience, it would be a good one too.

Players
43 posts
1,090 battles
11 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Perhaps Lad, but a tad high tier at the moment. You seem to be doing much better in DD's. Maybe you could consider a Premium DD instead? Anshan perhaps? Or any other tier 6 ship, there seems be  loads of rather good ships available. Or then wait a while. Grind yourself up to tier 7 in Battleships and try out Gneisenau first. If you like it, you will do well in Scahanhorst also.:cap_hmm:

Heh, i like to see my 9-kill game affected my stats. A question tho: Does Anshan have normal torps or deepwater ones? And other DD's? Is the Polish one any good? 

Players
264 posts
6,964 battles

Ah, the lolanta. Definately on my wishlist, i've been looking at a few reviews, and i like it. Problem is, i've not been doin good in a USN cruiser like her for a while. Might just be cause im stuck on phoenix

Well theres a couple of things here. 

1. the atlanta is more of an oversized USN destroyer than it is a cruiser

2. it currently is for purchase, but it will be removed from sale soon

3. IT IS AN ULTRATROLL SHIP once you get used to it. 

Sure, it depends on style, but most premiums do- the tirpitz less though. 

IMO there are not many alternatives in store right now, maybe stuff like atago, leningrad etc. 

Btw: summer sales will probably kick in in about a month, you could also wait. I dont expect the atlanta or tirpitz to be on sale then though. 

Players
1,583 posts
6,242 battles
18 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Krasny Krym :cap_haloween:

10 minutes ago, jensdecoolegast said:

I know what it is. No. :cap_haloween:

Unlike most other Cruiser, she is hard to play. Especially when you get bottom tier. No no P2W ship here.

But if you don't need all that handout money, from what is in the shop on EU:

Atlanta, Atago or LoYang

Or give it to me! :etc_red_button:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
264 posts
6,964 battles
Just now, jensdecoolegast said:

Heh, i like to see my 9-kill game affected my stats. A question tho: Does Anshan have normal torps or deepwater ones? And other DD's? Is the Polish one any good? 

Dont take the polish one, its a trap

You see, you cant use it as a comm trainer. Go with the leningrad if youd seem to like the Blyska. Quite similar, but useful. 

Players
43 posts
1,090 battles
1 minute ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Dont take the polish one, its a trap

You see, you cant use it as a comm trainer. Go with the leningrad if youd seem to like the Blyska. Quite similar, but useful. 

Thanks for the warning. What are Leningrad's traits?

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
968 posts
10,888 battles

Anshan has standard torps. She is a much better ship than I ever anticipated her to be, although I do consider myself to be a fairly competent DD player so that may account for some of my success in her. Don't have the Blyska so cannot comment there.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,076 posts
6,718 battles
2 minutes ago, jensdecoolegast said:

Being a Blyskawica, but faster ?

Players
264 posts
6,964 battles
Just now, jensdecoolegast said:

It plays similar to other russian destroyers. A tad sluggish, but strong guns, fast, and it makes for a great knife fighter. In addition, it is the first russian destroyer that is able to drop torpedos beyond detection range & you got 2 quad (4tube) launchers, so that handles nicely. 

So basically: speed, guns, and its got workable torpedos. Plus good HP.

Not the easiest destroyer to play perhaps, but its fun

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
968 posts
10,888 battles
7 minutes ago, jensdecoolegast said:

8km torps, great guns, blistering speed. Can be played like a "mini-Khaba".

You will probably need quite a high-skilled captain to get the best from her though as her turrets are a tad slow on the turn so she will need Expert Marksman and for survivability you will want AFT for the additional gun range. At extreme range you are a lot harder to hit at speed than at the ranges you will get without AFT.

Players
43 posts
1,090 battles
2 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

It plays similar to other russian destroyers. A tad sluggish, but strong guns, fast, and it makes for a great knife fighter. In addition, it is the first russian destroyer that is able to drop torpedos beyond detection range & you got 2 quad (4tube) launchers, so that handles nicely. 

So basically: speed, guns, and its got workable torpedos. Plus good HP.

Not the easiest destroyer to play perhaps, but its fun

3 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Being a Blyskawica, but faster ?

I will keep that one in mind :cap_like: