You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Olof_Olsson

CVs and a rant

11 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
232 battles

Okay. So I loved this game from the beginning I started to play it. As a huge fan of RTS I immidietely got attracted to the CV. I wanted to learn some of the mechanics of every class so I tried everything. And, I should mention that I got this game on steam wich is why  it probably does not show my stats from there on here. But recently I got so hugely frustrated with one person on my team, more specifically, the other CV. As I love the IJN line and think it is much better, I couldnt fight the enemy CV head on. I TRIED to get his attention I f3 on the enemys fighters REPETEADLY but he wouldnt listen! I tried to talk to him in the chat, very politely I might add but he didnt seem to notice! After this horrible game ending in a defeat and barely 20 k damage done I have noticed this SO. MANY. TIMES! It is bloody silly! WG, PLEASE restrict it to one CV per match. PLEASE

Okay, after writing this I saw that it was basically a rant so I will try to explain. I refuse to use any AS build on the IJN if it takes away my TBs since I am not a big fan of DBs. I like to run in my ryujo since I can manually drop and still have a chance of running out of planes. I do not like the skill air supremacy bcs I think it is extremely unfair versus people that dont have it. I have no problem getting beaten fair and square. What I do have a problem with is when I lose because the other CV on my team is garbage that recieved 50 k free exp and wanted a carrier. This is unfair. WG, PLEASE just make quality of life changes and not any huge balance changes that makes the CV unbalanced, I dont care if theyre underpowered or overpowered as long as theyre fun to play. And right now, playing a carrier can either be the best experience you ever had in this game if the other CV lets his fighters fly into three des moines and doesnt know how to manual drop. But on the other hand, if you have a CV on your team that is drooling and cant speak and youre not running AS plus the fact that most CV captains tend to be pretty bad but for the sake of the argument, lets just say that the other captain is average and in a US CV and youre in a IJN carrier without AS. What are you going to do when his strike aircraft is killing your team while they are blaming you and you are desperetly trying to explain. This is unfair. multiple things are wrong with this and the most important one is definetely the fact that if there is two CVs in each team, they are going to change the game completely since their impact is so huge. If one CV is afk then auto win for the other team! THIS IS WRONG! If a dd is afk, that isnt a auto loss, sure, it puts you at a disadvantage but nothing that cant be overcome easily right? but the fact that CVs completely change the match is okay, every ship has impact on the game and i do not have a problem with CVs having a little bit larger impact on games since their resources are limited and once they run out of planes that is a target the size of an BB, without guns and no armor and with a ridiculously bad concealment at the higher tiers. The fact is that CVs need a HUGE rework and the simple fact is that it is pretty simple. You gotta fix with some numbers honestly.

I have seen a couple people saying that CVs should have unlimited amount of planes but that is silly. The pros with CVs is that you can attack from afar without putting yourself in danger right? but the con to that is no armor, being a huge target with a very bad concealment that, honestly, if we dont think about manual drops is pretty easy to play, but at the same damn time, if a t10 CV takes a ride in his hosho for example, he is going to wreck the entire other team without mercy and without any threat from ship based AA. CV takes no skill from tier 4/5 but doesnt have skillcap above that. I know I said that it is really just some numbers to crunch but it isnt and it is at the same goddamn time! I genuienely hope to you, Wargaming that you have some fresh new ideas that will make the CV counterable from things other than the other CV.

/ sincerely, a true fan that likes CVs

• Cool 2

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,687 posts
5,569 battles

Carriers are 1 per team from tier 8+

Carriers however are undergoing a massive rework because large numbers of players don't like playing them, loads more moan about playing against them, and the UI is bug ridden.

Supposedly they are going to be more "fun", easier to use, and more like playing the other classes.

Reading between the lines this is generally assumed to mean it will no longer be RTS, and will be dumbed down.

Players
1,542 posts
6,495 battles

In a nutshell, Can I reply by saying that it's what comes with being CV captain?  And that you have barely 30 games in CV's to really know what it's like at all.

Half of what you are saying doesn't exist in tier 8+ games and very very few at tier 7 games ( 1 vs 1 only).  But i understand your pain and frustration.  Once had to defend against and in the end WIN against a Saipan AND a Ranger in my Kaga as the other CV Was AFK.  My god was it tough but the the satisfaction you get when it comes off is great.

We have all faced the same problems you have mate.  Please, if you think it's hard now then prepare yourself.  You will be put off for life and curse the gods in tier 7-8 when facing tier 8-9 AA on some ships.  However...

You have to go through this wall of pain in order to progress.  Low tier CV's are trial and error time with people only just scratching the surface and most don't last the course for a number of reasons.

Plus have you seen a tier 10 DD player play in the tier 5 kamikaze?

Anyway, I shouldn't bother anyway now to really learn how to play it (first time i've said that, doom)....They are completely changing to probably something my 6 year old Irish wolfhound could master. 

I too will be sad when they change the RTS side of things but there is nothing anyone can do about it.

[DAVY]
Players
1,145 posts
5,190 battles
39 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Plus have you seen a tier 10 DD player play in the tier 5 kamikaze?

fu<k that ship,

fu<k that people who stetped in that ship..

fu<k the people who designed that ship...

fu<kfu<kfu<kfuuuuuu<k..

PS: ignore me.. just encountered one scrub in a kamikaze R in my newmexico... and he decided to make my life hell! :)

infinite torpedos.. coming in couples... at somepoint I completely stopped playing the game and turned my dreadnaught into a dancing hippo...

• Funny 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,103 posts
16 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

fu<k that ship,

fu<kfu<kfu<kfuuuuuu<k..

PS: ignore me.. just encountered one scrub in a kamikaze R in my newmexico... and he decided to make my life hell! :)

infinite torpedos.. coming in couples... at somepoint I completely stopped playing the game and turned my dreadnaught into a dancing hippo...

That wasn't me, I haven't intimidated a New Mex in at least 2 days, but I do admit to annoying the hell out of an Iron Duke, Arizona and Kongo today, oh and a few assorted cruisers and DD's. 

Guilty as charged m'lud my Shimakaze Captain likes using the Kamikaze as his admirals yacht.

• Funny 1

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,687 posts
5,569 battles
15 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

That wasn't me, I haven't intimidated a New Mex in at least 2 days, but I do admit to annoying the hell out of an Iron Duke, Arizona and Kongo today, oh and a few assorted cruisers and DD's. 

Guilty as charged m'lud my Shimakaze Captain likes using the Kamikaze as his admirals yacht.

What's funnier is clubbing the seal clubbers.

I dropped my alternate Zao captain into the Ichizuki. He has RPF. Along comes a clubber in their kamikaze and instead gets chased around by a BB

[DAVY]
Players
1,145 posts
5,190 battles
14 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

That wasn't me

I know..

I already said,

15 hours ago, Excavatus said:

just encountered one scrub

DAMN YOU!!

PS: but @BeauNidl3 you can take as many as of those fu<k yous to yourself as a Kami R captain!

no I am not jealous of the ship, no I do not want that ship.. lies! lies!!!

[SCRUB]
Players
2,731 posts
7,398 battles
15 hours ago, Excavatus said:

fu<k that ship,

fu<kfu<kfu<kfuuuuuu<k..

If it was me .. on sorry. But I havent played my Kami yesterday. :Smile_hiding:

[DAVY]
Players
1,145 posts
5,190 battles
20 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

If it was me .. on sorry. But I havent played my Kami yesterday. :Smile_hiding:

2 days ago.. and can't remember the name..

I briefly saw the kami just at the edge of her smoke.. [SCRUB]....

rest is a cold blurr in a panic state..

oh crap! oh crap! oh crap! oh crap!

But I managed to dogde at least 10 single salvos from him.. while doing 17knots!

I am proud of myself on that matter :)

[NWP]
Players
1,772 posts
12,163 battles

So you tried to get the other CV to listen to what you pointed out/typed?

Yeah well, unfortunatly half the playerbase has serious problems with reading/English comprehension. For some players you can type in chat all you want, they'll just ignore you and do their own thing. Case and point with game yesterday: enemy DM ( only 1 of 2 radar ships that game) was briefly spotted behind A cap. Our only DD goes to A cap so I warn him: "watch out, enemy DM is there. As soon as you go in that cap, you will get radared and take fire." Ofcourse he sails in the cap, gets radared and loses 3/4 of his HP. After this he ranted in chat about how OP radar is...

This example just to say to you: some players are, well, 'ignorant' I guess is a nice way to describe them :cap_fainting: