Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NothingButTheRain

Stats on total amount of awards

24 comments in this topic

Players
2,371 posts
6,689 battles

So I've been wondering for a while now, is there any way to see how common or how rare any particular award is?

And more importantly, is there anywhere where I can see these stats :Smile_medal:

Players
961 posts
4,865 battles
11 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

So I've been wondering for a while now, is there any way to see how common or how rare any particular award is?

And more importantly, is there anywhere where I can see these stats :Smile_medal:

Don't think there is. It is safe to say though that solo warrior is the rarest and first blood/dreadnought likely the most common. 

• Cool 1

Modder
3,894 posts
6,952 battles

In general or for your personal account?

for you it looks like this (right number is total number of awards and left number the frequency (meaning games per award)):

Spoiler

Unbenannt.thumb.png.3c165f30c33360606ef3dcac4f11668b.png

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
4,198 posts
9,514 battles
1 hour ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Don't think there is. It is safe to say though that solo warrior is the rarest and first blood/dreadnought likely the most common. 

5 solo warriors..  :Smile_child:

0 die hards :cap_viking:

Players
2,371 posts
6,689 battles
2 hours ago, principat121 said:

In general or for your personal account?

for you it looks like this (right number is total number of awards and left number the frequency (meaning games per award)):

Hide contents

Unbenannt.thumb.png.3c165f30c33360606ef3dcac4f11668b.png

I meant in general. This is from a website and not from ingame, right?

I don't see the number of games :P

Players
2,371 posts
6,689 battles
1 hour ago, AgarwaenME said:

5 solo warriors..  :Smile_child:

0 die hards :cap_viking:

I only have one solo warrior :Smile_sad:

I think the ramming awards should be rare as well?

The most common ones I'd say are Devastating Strike and First Blood. Dreadnought is common but not as common as those 2.

And players like Flambass (who's profile I'm looking at right now) has more High Calibers then Dreadnoughts but it also depends on your play style.

I have more Major Contributions then Flambass has :Smile-_tongue:

[ALONE]
Players
1,351 posts
10,844 battles

I don't have Solo Warrior, and maybe that's why I am salty about it. This medal should obviously be removed from the game. All SW I've seen in my games and most I've seen in general were caught by players which did not deserve any reward for their performance at all. This "medal" is simply random and requires perfect combination of first enemy potatoing terribly and then your team doing the same BUT just so precisely timed that "The Solo Warrior" can run & hide and the point advantage will still be enough to win. Cases when the SW actually kills the last 4 enemies are almost non-existent - and even then it is only possible if they are left with very little HP from previous fight. 

Usually SW is taken by 2 categories: by CV and by worthless (typically those big-HP + healing...) campers. :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,103 posts
34 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

I don't have Solo Warrior, and maybe that's why I am salty about it. This medal should obviously be removed from the game. All SW I've seen in my games and most I've seen in general were caught by players which did not deserve any reward for their performance at all. This "medal" is simply random and requires perfect combination of first enemy potatoing terribly and then your team doing the same BUT just so precisely timed that "The Solo Warrior" can run & hide and the point advantage will still be enough to win. Cases when the SW actually kills the last 4 enemies are almost non-existent - and even then it is only possible if they are left with very little HP from previous fight. 

Usually SW is taken by 2 categories: by CV and by worthless (typically those big-HP + healing...) campers. :cap_old:

I've had 2 Solo Warriors.

1st I'd been playing about a week or so, was playing St Louis (T3 US cruiser) it was that game where I found out what Kraken, High Calibre and Solo Warrior achievements were, I didn't even realise I was the only one left alive until the game was over.

2nd I was in Kutuzov, Confederate, Witherer and a couple of cap assists on Trap map, team melted with 2 minutes left even though we had a 300+ point lead and I just kited across half the map with 5 ships chasing me, 2 left when time ran out.

Your assumption isn't that accurate.

• Cool 1

[WCWVE]
Players
774 posts
12,011 battles

I just checked and I have a solo warrior, it was a long time ago, my most numerous are first blood and devastating strike 

Decided to check on the actual award, could not have been that long ago as it was in Taiho

[PMI]
Players
2,405 posts
5,626 battles
58 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

1st I'd been playing about a week or so, was playing St Louis (T3 US cruiser) it was that game where I found out what Kraken, High Calibre and Solo Warrior achievements were, I didn't even realise I was the only one left alive until the game was over.

2nd I was in Kutuzov, Confederate, Witherer and a couple of cap assists on Trap map, team melted with 2 minutes left even though we had a 300+ point lead and I just kited across half the map with 5 ships chasing me, 2 left when time ran out.

Have to agree, my 2 SW have been accomplished with stealth ships, never with anything that can be shot at, for obvious reasons...

[ALONE]
Players
1,351 posts
10,844 battles
1 hour ago, BeauNidl3 said:

The medal was intended for "real Rambos" who single-handedly murder remaining enemies - supposedly doing similar slaughter through all the battle...  Game result based on "points" obviously skews this. 

And sure, very good players (like you) which are carrying the game from the start in some circumstances can get it - and I guess many forumites here got their that way - but typically it is not the case. I'm sure that when you recall who got SW you'll agree. 

BTW it is ironic that quite often the guy which could earn SW just does something stupid and wastes his chance. With chat full of "just not die! survive! run!" - nope. He will charge. :cap_fainting:

[PMI]
Players
2,405 posts
5,626 battles
11 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

The medal was intended for "real Rambos" who single-handedly murder remaining enemies - supposedly doing similar slaughter through all the battle...  Game result based on "points" obviously skews this. 

Do you have a source for that statement?

Even the description of the achievement states, survive and win against 4 ships or more, no word about kills or anything in that range...

You mean to say you felt it should have been, right?

[HAERT]
Players
2,103 posts
23 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Have to agree, my 2 SW have been accomplished with stealth ships, never with anything that can be shot at, for obvious reasons...

St Louis is far from stealth, I just bimbled about shooting stuff as a total newbie, I remember being a bit surprised the game ended as I was just shooting at stuff.

I was out of smokes in Kutuzov, but it can be a fair kiter when stuff is chasing and nothing crossfiring, which is how I got away with that one.

24 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

And sure, very good players (like you) which are carrying the game from the start in some circumstances can get it - and I guess many forumites here got their that way - but typically it is not the case. I'm sure that when you recall who got SW you'll agree. 

BTW it is ironic that quite often the guy which could earn SW just does something stupid and wastes his chance. With chat full of "just not die! survive! run!" - nope. He will charge. :cap_fainting:

I'm not a very good player, in both cases there was a fair bit of luck involved.

I've seen a few Solo Warriors gained by AFK's and utterly useless CV players who couldn't hit a paper bag from inside the bag, but those are the dumb ones where the enemy runs out of time to find/finish them off.

[PMI]
Players
2,405 posts
5,626 battles
35 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

St Louis is far from stealth, I just bimbled about shooting stuff as a total newbie, I remember being a bit surprised the game ended as I was just shooting at stuff.

I was out of smokes in Kutuzov, but it can be a fair kiter when stuff is chasing and nothing crossfiring, which is how I got away with that one.

I'm not a very good player, in both cases there was a fair bit of luck involved.

I've seen a few Solo Warriors gained by AFK's and utterly useless CV players who couldn't hit a paper bag from inside the bag, but those are the dumb ones where the enemy runs out of time to find/finish them off.

SW si very luck dependant, no argument there.

[UNICS]
Players
1,211 posts
15,064 battles
3 hours ago, EdiJo said:

. All SW I've seen in my games and most I've seen in general were caught by players which did not deserve any reward for their performance at all.

i got mine with 8 kills in the shinonome, and won on points. but i agree i had some luck with that

[DC-DK]
Players
2,066 posts
23,555 battles

Apropos first blood.. anyone else than me who wonder why this only get rewarded with a single signal?? All others gives 10.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts
28 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Apropos first blood.. anyone else than me who wonder why this only get rewarded with a single signal?? All others gives 10.

At the time the signal rewards were implemented, WG tightly controlled credits as a progression barrier. Now with all the event camos they don't seem to care anymore, so maybe they just haven't come back to review the matter yet. It's also not much of an achievement as someone is guaranteed to get one in a every battle, and you can increase your likelihood by playing DD and suiciding into a cap to farm Zulus every day. The other achievements can't be abused to this extent, if at all.

[HAERT]
Players
2,103 posts
28 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Because there's always one every match, it's not really an achievement as such.

On that subject has anyone ever seen a game that finished as a win (not a draw) where no ships were sunk on either side? I'm sure I've never seen one.

[DC-DK]
Players
2,066 posts
23,555 battles

Not that I need more of these Zulu 300 plus in stock. No never seen that either

[ALONE]
Players
1,351 posts
10,844 battles
6 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

In T3 game it is relatively easy to be The Rambo, and I like those relaxing plays in Loui or Bogatyr. Hm... I think I might try some Solo Warrior attempts... easy... just let my team die and then kill enemy survivors. :cap_rambo:

still they had to be either almost dead and/or quite potatoing 

and that is what I'm whining here about. Why awarding purely random "achievement"?

You just described typical Solo Warrior in this game. Should this be rewarded with very rare badge?

5 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

i got mine with 8 kills in the shinonome, and won on points. but i agree i had some luck with that

I wrote that I know that there are some rare Rambos - and evidently you went full Rambo mode, congratulations. :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles

My rarest medals are "Unsinkable" and "Die-Hard", 3 of both.

[TS1]
Players
540 posts
7,592 battles

The problem with Solo Warrior is, as said, that it's incredibly luck dependent. There's just so many things that have to go right for you to even have a chance at getting it. Then you have to consider that in this game it's incredibly hard to win an actual fight against multiple opponents. It's mostly dependent on the enemies potatoing hard at that point. I'm guessing they just copied the award from WoT without thinking about the differences in how the games work. In that game it's far easier to kill other players without losing any health at all.

Like for example one of my favourite matches to bring up in these discussions is when I managed to score a SW in my Kamikaze. This was around the time when she was basically just a weaker Minekaze. I managed to kill the last five ships, including winning a gun duel against a lower tiered cruiser while the two remaining BBs were in range. But even if that sounds really good it never would've been possible if they hadn't potatoed so hard.

That said, the only achievement I haven't gotten is Unsinkable.

Players
2,371 posts
6,689 battles
16 hours ago, EdiJo said:

15 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Iirc, mine was with the Wakatake (the tier 3 DD) and I won by capping :Smile_trollface:).

Even though I didn't even know of the existence of Solo Warrior at the time (I was grinding that ship, not clubbing), I did take skill in hiding behind islands, anticipating where they would be coming from, trying to preposition, it wasn't great for my nerves :Smile_veryhappy:

I do agree though that many of the Solo Warriors were basically more luck based then skill based. Last time I saw someone get one it was the enemy CV who remained hidden while the timer ran out and 4 of us remaining.

Sign in to follow this