You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pzkpfwv1d

Detonation in a BB

36 comments in this topic

[WCWVE]
Players
772 posts
11,993 battles

Has anyone else had detonation in a BB

Was playing in Musashi and detected torpedoes, turning towards them, one struck then another struck and bingo - Detonation 60000 hp gone 

• Funny 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,102 posts
4 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Was playing in Musashi and detected torpedoes, turning towards them, one struck then another struck and bingo - Detonation 60000 hp gone 

Yes, I've been detonated in BB's and have detonated them too, it's not common, but it happens. Seen shells and torpedoes cause detonations on BB's, but torpedoes seem more likely.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,113 posts
18,134 battles

short: yes

long: ... u might ask the hood. in that case it even only took a shell, not a torp (yep, happened ingame before as well).

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Detonation

not sure in which one, but i think on one of the "how it works" vids there's xplanation as well:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6tL95G3ZD_JLUrn52JM_7w

• Cool 2

Players
1,418 posts
13,009 battles
12 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Good

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,393 posts
8,715 battles

Detonations suck and nobody needs them - but they suck across the board, no discrimination going on.

Except that it's way easier to detonate DDs.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,199 posts
6,775 battles
27 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Let me guess - took a torp under the #1 turret?

• Cool 2

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,227 battles
26 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Yes.  Happens once in a while.  Best to protect your magazines.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,378 battles
32 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Yes, even by other BB shells (twice iirc)

Even quite recently, with @MortenTardo

[AAO]
Alpha Tester
714 posts
3,249 battles
5 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Detonations suck and nobody needs them - but they suck across the board, no discrimination going on.

Except that it's way easier to detonate DDs.

Maybe they suck, maybe nobody needs them, but without them you wouldn´t have this awsome moments when you blow up an enemy with 75% of his life.

Sure it also can backfire and you can explode in an instant, leaving you with a bad taste in the mouth. 

What people don´t like about it is the RNG factor, but to be honest what are the chances you get a detonation hit?

For me it feels like 1 in 100 games.9 out of 10 times it happened due to being in a position where the enemy had a good shot at my side. So far 2 times blown up by torpdetonations and both times i would have died anyway. 

1 out of 10 times where i would say, damn i got detonated with 75% of my life and got a lucky shot out of the blue.

So 1 in 1000 games a detonation where i would say that was heavy BS and in the end it´s random. Ranked or Clanwars you get that detoflag and forget that such a mechanic ever existed.

[PMI]
Players
2,335 posts
5,490 battles
38 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Glad you did?

Yes, everyone detonates every once in a while.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,393 posts
8,715 battles
1 minute ago, Nordi_Aut said:

Maybe they suck, maybe nobody needs them, but without them you wouldn´t have this awsome moments when you blow up an enemy with 75% of his life.

That doesn't feel awesome. It's 100% luck.

It feels awesome when I stalk someone, ambush him and dev strike him with a well-placed salvo or torp spread.

[AAO]
Alpha Tester
714 posts
3,249 battles
13 minutes ago, aboomination said:

That doesn't feel awesome. It's 100% luck.

It feels awesome when I stalk someone, ambush him and dev strike him with a well-placed salvo or torp spread.

Sure thats awsome too, but more the standard thing that happens anyway. The reason why i think it´s awsome? 

When you fire with the lo yang one salvo from 10km range at a khaba and get him turn into a giant fireball, then you scream in excitement. Especially because this khaba was unicum and nothing is more annoying then a good khaba player.

The reason why detonations and RNG mechanics, also dispersions are nice to have is, because they bring life into the game. Something you don´t have everytime, in case of detonations a rare occasion wich can turn out to be really nice for you, in case you blow up the enemy or really bad for you if you get blown up. RNG is the spice of videogames. Else you just have repeatable actions and nothing special or new. The same things over and over again. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,393 posts
8,715 battles
6 minutes ago, Nordi_Aut said:

then you scream in excitement

No, I don't ^^

Else you just have repeatable actions and nothing special or new

Sorry, but - bs ^^

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles
55 minutes ago, Nordi_Aut said:

Sure thats awsome too, but more the standard thing that happens anyway. The reason why i think it´s awsome? 

When you fire with the lo yang one salvo from 10km range at a khaba and get him turn into a giant fireball, then you scream in excitement. Especially because this khaba was unicum and nothing is more annoying then a good khaba player.

The reason why detonations and RNG mechanics, also dispersions are nice to have is, because they bring life into the game. Something you don´t have everytime, in case of detonations a rare occasion wich can turn out to be really nice for you, in case you blow up the enemy or really bad for you if you get blown up. RNG is the spice of videogames. Else you just have repeatable actions and nothing special or new. The same things over and over again. 

So you screech in joy when RNG decides that you just sink a good player with a fluke.

Uhuh ...

Players
1,583 posts
6,238 battles
1 hour ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Well, sometimes you lose and sometimes the other side wins. Just don't take hits below your turrets = no detonation.

• Boring 1

[AAO]
Alpha Tester
714 posts
3,249 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

So you screech in joy when RNG decides that you just sink a good player with a fluke.

Uhuh ...

Hell yeah! You bet on it! Party all the way! 

giphy.gif

And after celebration one "thank you" to RNGesus for that wonderful explosion!

[SNUBS]
Players
1,274 posts
6,683 battles

i think i detonated more in my t10 BB's then all my DD games combined.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles
16 minutes ago, lameoll said:

i think i detonated more in my t10 BB's then all my DD games combined.

Probably because its so much more common to detonat in  your DDs that you hoist the Anti Detonation Flag and or have the anti detonation module..:Smile_hiding:

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles
3 hours ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

count your self Lucky at least detonation can know only happen after you have lost 1/4 of your health,  Half a year ago it was possible to detonate with the first shell that hit you .

Players
1,429 posts
14,787 battles
3 hours ago, aboomination said:

Actually there is discrimination. CVs cannot farm detonation flags, they can only dish them out to others.

• Cool 1

Players
2,339 posts
6,660 battles

It happens. I remember it happen to me while driving my Missouri and more recently in another BB, but both times it wouldn't have mattered anyway as I was near death (I mean, if you're at like 25% hp and detonate by a torp hit, but 6 more torps on the way, the 10 deto signals are actually a better outcome :Smile_teethhappy:).

I checked my awards earlier today due to something unrelated and I gotten 10 deto awards in 2000 games. It doesn't happen often.