Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

Do detonations now come in bulk and pre-determined?

17 comments in this topic

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,993 posts

Ever since a few weeks, I started to notice something peculiar regarding detonations. I could swear something has changed regarding their implementation around the same time the full-health detonation was removed from the game. Previously there was indeed always a chance that you could detonate regardless of map or gamemode, but nowadays it seems that the chance is calculated differently. In short: either there are no detonations at all in the game, or there are plenty on both teams. And nothing in between. It seems that "detonation" is now a parameter like "cyclone", that gets enabled at random at the beginning of the battle.

Anyone else noticing the same behaviour?

PLEASE, no discussions about "detonations are stupid, get rid of them", that's not the point of this topic.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,391 posts
14,369 battles

That's a NO from me too... Nothing special happening. I detonate quite as randomly, as I always did and my playmates too. :cap_haloween::fish_boom::cap_like:

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,389 posts
6,102 battles

Hmm... Don't really observe this, maybe also because lately I play higher tiers a lot and people mostly seem to mount the flag (though the Montana detonation from a single torpedo when I was testing Asashio before release was surprising). Then again the way RNG works clumping of data is completely natural. It would be more suspicious if there was a steady "1 detonation every other battle" rather than "3 detonations in 1, 0 in 20" :)

• Cool 1

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
660 posts
6,689 battles

I have to admit that i have encountered  the same "problem" there are some times were you don't  see a detonation for 40-50 games, then there are some when you see 3-4 detonation in one game. Once i had a game in wich 3 members of my teams detonated in around 2-3 minutes to the point that i said in chat " People stop exploding please".

[ONE2]
Players
2,391 posts
14,369 battles

Hehe yeah @Tuccy... Though that was no comfort at all when I once had a string of 5 detonations in a row. :fish_boom::etc_swear:

Yeah, yeah I know... Should have started mounting the flag after the first one, but since the chance is so low it could not happen again immediately right? :Smile_amazed:

Eventually tho, I finally did and changed the ship too just for good measure. YAY!:Smile_great:

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
6,141 battles

Havent noticed anything out of the ordinary tbh, a few dasy back had a match where 3 ships got detonated(not mine thankfully) didt go boom myself in well too loong.... oops... i just jinxed myself didt i? :Smile_ohmy:

:Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[HHOTN]
Players
111 posts
11,349 battles

I am lucky, i get detonated when i am low hp, and i was going to die anyway. But like this i get 10 flags :D

Players
1,429 posts
14,798 battles

I always used Juliet Charlies on my tier 10 ships in randoms, not any more since season two of clan battles or the ranked season before that. Nothing changed. Detonations happen very rarely and with a random frequency like they always did. Sometimes you don't see any for weeks, then 3 in one battle or you detonate in two consecutive battles. That's normal for random events.

Players
264 posts
6,960 battles

I've seen this peculiarity as well and when i observe the first detonation i make sure not to catch any detonation-causing hits in cruisers (my destroyers always have anti-det and battleships are less susceptible), but thats not completely fool proof & i have in fact been detonated by a single hit @ about 70% health once. 

so yeah, i have this suspicion too for a while now, especially reinforced by the low occurance of games with only 1 or 2 detonations

[POI--]
Players
3,879 posts
5,016 battles

I typically see a detonation every now and then and typically it's single events, not in bulk. So, I'd say, coincidence.

[UNICS]
Players
1,205 posts
15,017 battles

i havent detonated for a long time now , since the changes i believe. But also i have not been playing my dd's alot lately

[ONE2]
Players
2,391 posts
14,369 battles
6 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Had a weird match last week where 3 ships on each side detonated, it was a complete fluke I assume. 

Hhehehe! Yeah, those things happen... Had an odd match a while ago, where nearly everyone in both teams except for myself and an enemy Giulio suddenly seemed to drop-off the game right in the middle of a hottest melee. Well, we both then rather sportingly sunk them all in turn and my team won, when I managed to win our duel and torp the Giulio at the end of it (both teams had some 7-8 ships still alive at the time when it happened). Fun times. :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
344 posts
1,465 battles
2 hours ago, Flavio1997 said:

Once i had a game in wich 3 members of my teams detonated in around 2-3 minutes to the point that i said in chat " People stop exploding please".

Or, as Admiral Beatty would have put it, 'There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today'.

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

I haven’t detonated anyone in bloody ages, I think it is obviously rigged. ^^

I did notice however a decrease of detonations, this however is most likely a rng thing. 

Sign in to follow this