You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Excavatus

Nelson now! or Musashi later!!

69 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
Players
1,143 posts
5,182 battles

Hello gentelmen,

For the past months I was collecting and farming freexp.

I've read, watched, asked and answered about Nelson, and really was planning to buy her.

But even I've way past the 375K Fxp limit, I cant make myself to buy her, just because one thing in mind!

Musashi!

There were 2 reasons I've started this game basically!

Bismark! (god!... she is pretty in her special camo!)

and Yamato!... (insert yamato space battleship jingle here)

I am at Myogi, can't force my a$$ to grind her anymore, because first I really don't like BBs that much.. and I know what is waiting for me at Kongo!

and even after kongo.. there is a looooong way to the Yamato which there is a cinder road block called Izumo (so people say!)

anyway, my question is.. how about I buy musashi...

Will she satisfy my mental and emotional hunger for Yamato!?

Will she give enough satisfaction that Yamato gives!?

I can wait another couple months and buy Musa instead of Nelson..

But cannot decide really..

Players
2,743 posts
15,606 battles
1 minute ago, JapLance said:

Nelson is unique. Musashi is just a bad Yamato.

QFT

• Cool 2

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

musashi is great. while it has no AA and little worse sigma, it has about 25% chance of getting you into t9 match where you are totally OP.

• Cool 3

[XTREM]
Players
27 posts
3,200 battles

I've collected all the free exp for the past months and I've got Musashi. 1 month pass and I've played just 20 games (70% win rate, 120k avg dmg).  The AA is nonexistent , turret speed is abysmal, the guns are the best thing, you can citadel a BB through his nose. 

It doesn't feet my play style , I like to play aggressive and to be in the middle of the action as a brawler. 

I love Tirpitz 10 times more (230 battles) then Musashi. From now on I am using the free exp to unlock upgrades on ship or to pass ships that I don't like, I will never again grind for a 750k exp ship.

• Cool 2

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,497 battles
26 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Hello gentelmen,

For the past months I was collecting and farming freexp.

I've read, watched, asked and answered about Nelson, and really was planning to buy her.

But even I've way past the 375K Fxp limit, I cant make myself to buy her, just because one thing in mind!

Musashi!

There were 2 reasons I've started this game basically!

Bismark! (god!... she is pretty in her special camo!)

and Yamato!... (insert yamato space battleship jingle here)

I am at Myogi, can't force my a$$ to grind her anymore, because first I really don't like BBs that much.. and I know what is waiting for me at Kongo!

and even after kongo.. there is a looooong way to the Yamato which there is a cinder road block called Izumo (so people say!)

anyway, my question is.. how about I buy musashi...

Will she satisfy my mental and emotional hunger for Yamato!?

Will she give enough satisfaction that Yamato gives!?

I can wait another couple months and buy Musa instead of Nelson..

But cannot decide really..

in your case Musashi....it is basicly Yamato in lower tier

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,997 posts

Nelson is ridiculous amounts of fun. I really really really like mine!

• Cool 3

[UNICS]
Players
1,211 posts
15,050 battles

i believe you will get bored with the musashi faster than with the Nelson and if you completed some mission you get a nice anime captain with huge assets

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,735 posts
10,882 battles

If you do not like BB that much, you should reconsider spending Free XP on them.

Especially if you dread the Kongo, one of the most popular and balanced BB in the game.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,196 posts
9,512 battles

Practically speaking, pick one where you get to use an already used captain. Ie do you play IJN or RN BBs already?

Beyond that, as a credit earner a t9 will be quite a bit more useful.

On the other hand, as others have said here, the Nelson is a big bad ugly mf'er with monstrous guns for it's tier and very much a unique and different thing, while the musashi is simply a nerfed yamato, even if you do get to bully some t7s now and then.

• Cool 1

[BUSHI]
Players
352 posts
3,872 battles

Just a Yamato owner here. Nelson, from what I heard, is fun and at the currently best tier in-game (7). You will be top tier most of the time. Musashi is a Yamato at T9. A bit worst sigma, no AA, but those guns. Take your pick OP. I'd personally go for the Nelson because lol HE shells and that heal. 

If you don't like BB's that much then maybe get something else? Besides, after the Myogi you have 2 excellent ships. The Kongo and the Fuso. The MM is *insert profanity here that starts with F* over T5 & 6, so it is a mixed bag. Amagi is also good; Izumo was a slog for me, so I XP-ed her to get the Yamato. 

At tier 9 you will make more credits, but jumping to T9 maybe a bit of an issue at first. Given how the Yamato/Musashi should be played. Nelson should be more friendly to play and not a bad credit/XP farmer herself. 

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
1,143 posts
5,182 battles

Thanks for all the answers,

I really am not a great fan of BBs as I've said,

My favorite one currently is gneisenau.. I really love that ship and the gameplay of her.

Bismark.. has a sentimental value for me, and I keep her for missions for tanking, secondary shot, etc.. because she is tier 8

I want nelson because everywhere people says the LOL factor is incredible..

and I am thinking musashi because I am in love with yamato but can't get my a$$ of to grind whole line.

I am trying to grind my way to the montana.. and already in pain.. and I know the US BB line is a great one...

a lot of questions bothers my mind about them all.. nelson.. great ship, LOLZ at all, zombie heal, great HE, tier 7.. but a floating blind brick..

Musa, yama guns, great money maker.. no AA, no turret traverse, basically the only play is to sit bow on.. but she is tier 9.. so would be good for missions...

But I don't really want to regter burying that much Fxp and obtain a ship that I will not play more than once in every week.. If only the mighty Mo were still alive!!

21 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Especially if you dread the Kongo, one of the most popular and balanced BB in the game.

I don't dread the Kongo actually.. I don't have her..

I've just read that she is nothing special and have every downside that myogi has.. at one tier above..

and I hate.. really hate myogi!

[CATS]
Players
14,735 posts
10,882 battles

Kongo is a godsend compared to Myogi.

• more speed
  • more armor
  • more guns
  • MUCH better penetration power

Thx to the speed and gunpower, Kongo can compete with the big boys on Tier VII.

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,346 posts
14,963 battles

Operations..............

Nelson is a great ship cheap and great RN BB commander trainer. Looks like you are progressing down the RN BB line. At tier 7 Nelson is ok with low tier commanders in. Also some of the operations you can use tier 7 BB.. Nelson is a beast in these Ops. Also need Dreadnought achievement for missions Nelson is the lady you need.. (That heal Baby)

Both ships are great, But you can have the Nelson now. Also with 16inch guns you have the highest Calibre guns at tier 7 alongside the IJN tier 7 (i think) and unlike the Izimo the 3rd Turret traverses forward making Nelsons 3rd turret much more usable. 

Also for tier 7 she has ok AA

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
1,997 posts

Stuff like this never, ever gets old!

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
2,160 battles

If I had the inclination to spend 750 000 free xp to get the Musashi, I'd probably rather choose to spend a little more than that to get all the way to the Yamato.

I got the Missouri because of her unique assets; offering something out of the ordinary is a good selling point for me when it comes to premium ships. And that is precisely why I will be getting the Nelson just as soon as the stars are right; probably the very next time a suitable tier VII Operation turns up. I am going to put my King George V captain on her, which seems only fitting as they sailed together against the Bismarck if memory serves me right.

So, the Nelson now and the Yamato later, would be my advice.

• Cool 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,080 posts
6,718 battles
48 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

a lot of questions bothers my mind about them all.. nelson.. great ship, LOLZ at all, zombie heal, great HE, tier 7.. but a floating blind brick..

Don't use HE on Nelson when those AP are so damn powerful...

Also, i'm sorry but buying Musashi for freepex when :

- You didn't grind a tier 9 BB

- You didn't grind the IJN BB

Is a bad idea.

And what the hell was that about Kongou ? This ship is a monster in the right hands. It's much better than Myogi and all those turds called tier IV BBs. It's incredibly fast and can gives a very hard time to any tier 7. One of the best tier V out there. Actually with a small upgrade in AA, HP and turret rotation speed it could easily be a tier VI.

The whole IJN BB line is awesome. Izumo is the only real downside. Kongou is a beast, Fusou is quite easy to do well in, Nagato is very good all around, Amagi is a tier VIII Kongou with 10 guns, and even Izumo got great guns and very good armor against APs.

• Cool 1

[HEATH]
Players
111 posts
11,391 battles

Me too, i start playing this game for Bismark and Yamato, with the freexp i got Missouri just before  was removed, then i got Nelson. For me Nelson dosnt work, i dont like it, maybe becose i play it like a Yamato.. dont know, but i regret spending the freeexp for it. If i could, i would recover the freexp back and go for Musashi-even if i have Yamato.

The BB IJN line is great, Kongo is very good ship, and all after.(Some work is required on Izumo, but is preparing u to play Yamato).

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,390 posts
6,118 battles

Have both, but I would say Nelson is more fun just because she's so different.  And so ugly. So ugly that she is beautiful. 

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,980 posts
8,609 battles

Hi all,

11 minutes ago, Tuccy said:

Have both, but I would say Nelson is more fun just because she's so different.  And so ugly. So ugly that she is beautiful. 

How dare you Sir!

The "NelsOl" is beautiful! :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

I have all 4 ships and I highly recommend getting them all if possible:

• "Missouri"
  • "Nelson"
  • "Musashi"
  • "Kronstadt"
  • Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,103 posts

If you're really not keen on Battleship play then Musashi seems to be the ultimate in what you won't enjoy, as the owner of a Yamato it's really an archetypical Battleship. Slow turret traverse to the point of "do these things even rotate?", not agile and rather static in play style.

I'm not a terribly good BB player, but Kongo was nice, Fuso was really nice, Nagato and Amagi I liked a lot, I wasn't a fan of Izumo and I find Yamato rather dull if I'm honest. For my taste Fuso and Amagi were my favourites, but they have a fair few guns and are reasonably agile.

I have the Nelsol and rather like it, it's comical when people assume I'll HE spam them so show their sides, and they meet 9 big AP shells, it's a bit fragile and not very nimble, but it's fun to be able to aim with steering too. 

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,821 battles

Nelson all the way. It's a great ship, great fun, and iconic, and as a bonus, Nelson gets to enter Hamilton. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,257 battles
2 hours ago, JapLance said:

Nelson is unique. Musashi is just a bad Yamato.

And Nelson is badder Musashi?
I would vote for Musashi, or Yamato, whatever float your boat.
But @OP I sure hope so that you DID NOT say that Kongo is a bad ship. KONGO IS LOVE, KONGO IS LIFE. So are Fuso, Nagato and Amagi.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
1,997 posts
36 minutes ago, Tuccy said:

And so ugly.

a-woman-eating-soap.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,390 posts
6,118 battles
27 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

How dare you Sir!

The "NelsOl" is beautiful! :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

I have all 4 ships and I highly recommend getting them all if possible:

• "Missouri"
  • "Nelson"
  • "Musashi"
  • "Kronstadt"

Who dares, wins! Though compared to the projects leading to her, Nelson is still nice, true. The G3/N3 though...

I am missing some 10k FXP for the Kronshtadt... Will get it "just because", even though USSR cruisers are not my favourites.