Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gojuadorai

[Feature Request] Random Ship Selector Switch

22 comments in this topic

Players
2,743 posts
15,606 battles

HI,

yesterday when playing div with friends we had an reoccuring issue.

after the first coupple of battles when all the first wins that we wanted/"needed" we still wanted to play....

....bot none of us wanted to decide which tier or ship.

this is occuring quite frequently for us not because were bored but becasue we have so many ships.

the idea here is to have a button that turns on/off a RNG so when you press battle you get a random ship from your port.

this would be selected on indiuvidual basis but still work in division.

(in case someone selected a ship tier is given if noone in div selected manually tier will be random)

[edit] to work in division the thing would need to do a check that everyone has a ship of the randomly selected tier first.

i and i hope many others would like to see this RSSS in game. 

:cap_rambo:

[-TXG-]
Players
2,376 posts

Or, if you are that indecisive, just put your ships names on separate pieces of paper and pull from cup...maybe a cup for each tier......or just close your eyes and put your finger on a 4 line carousel on screen. :Smile_smile:

Players
2,743 posts
15,606 battles
7 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Or, if you are that indecisive, just put your ships names on separate pieces of paper and pull from cup...maybe a cup for each tier......or just close your eyes and put your finger on a 4 line carousel on screen. :Smile_smile:

well im sad to see that this isnt taken seriously  by you but well

i challange you to do that with 130 ships 

• Bad 1

[-TXG-]
Players
2,376 posts
9 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

No, sorry it's not taken seriously. I do it with 70sh ships and don't feel the need for WG to waste time and resources programming something else into the game to save players making a decision.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,245 posts
Vor 29 Minuten, Gojuadorai sagte:

i and i hope many others would like to see this RSSS in game. 

I don't see why so many players should need such a feature that WG should implement. But afaik Aslain has a mod in his pack which is called "Random Ship Selector" or something like this...

[WGP2W]
Players
1,423 posts
9,971 battles

Yeh thats problem when your port have only 2,3 ships goju. Try buying new ships. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
2,743 posts
15,606 battles
23 minutes ago, Ouzo11 said:

there is a mod that does exactly that in the Aslain modpack

oh thank you i didnt kew that.

but i still think it would be a nice addition to the game

the  resouce  argument sounds a bit phoney to me since its a really simple feature (proven by the fact that it is partly availible as mod)

the only part that would need a bit of work would be that it works in divisions, which the aslains does not i guess

[POI--]
Players
3,906 posts
5,023 battles
1 hour ago, Gojuadorai said:

Random number generator, number inbetween 1 and 130. Count which ship it is. Might help to have the 4-row carousel, so if you have like 82, you just go to the 21st column and pick the second ship in it.

Though I'd rather just do a RNG for the tier and then pick a ship in it, especially for division play.

Players
2,743 posts
15,606 battles
9 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Random number generator, number inbetween 1 and 130. Count which ship it is. Might help to have the 4-row carousel, so if you have like 82, you just go to the 21st column and pick the second ship in it.

Though I'd rather just do a RNG for the tier and then pick a ship in it, especially for division play.

thats something that sounds a lot better than it actually works especialy with multiple people involved.

[PMI]
Players
2,384 posts
5,598 battles

but i still think it would be a nice addition to the game

Its OK, we dont think it should be, so far we are more...

Players
773 posts
12,271 battles

Don't you have dice and coins? A simple way for making random tier selections (although for T3 and above, unless you wish to sealclub hard) is by each of you tossing a coin: heads are 1, tails 0. The div commander then builds the binary number with the results from each, translates it to decimal then adds 3. You can use the dice or any other method for randomly selecting your own ship after that.

Alternatively, although it favours mid tiers, each throw a D6, add the results, divide by 4 and round up. Both ways are limited to 3-men divisions though.

Salute.

Players
2,743 posts
15,606 battles

well im surprised by the astonishing ammoutnt of hybris and rejection going on here  but ill still will adress the "concerns":

for all the people who  havnt understood the concept :

you have a selector switch (on/off)

if on you get a random boat of all ships enabled(with the current filter) in carousell (so for all the people who fear the que will be floodeed with T2 and T3 - dont since mostly people will disable t2 and t3)

the key is that it would work in division

e.g.:  -one guy selects a T7 -> the others will roll T7

- no one selects anything -> system rolls a tier where everyone  has a ship then rolls for ships

you end up in que in seconds no  complicated process or discussion needed

for all the people who  deduce from " i dont want to use it" that it shouldnt be in the game :

if i dont  want to play coop does that mean it shouldnt be in the game?
its a button nobody is forcuing you to push it.

for all the people who  cant imagine they would ever have the same problem:

if you have grinded all the ships there are (or interest you), have enough 19pts to stone someone to death, no missions left or capaings to grind (or want to atm),

then  when you played a battle in your current go to boats the decision what to play becomes way less obvious.

if confronted with a large ammount of virtually identical choices doesnt mean you have a indecisive character....

also sometimes random results are just enjoyable (see positive effects below)

for all the people who imply were to stupid to know how to generate a random result :

have you ever tried using such methods for a prolonged period of thime?

they sound always more conveninet than they sound

especially if playing in a group convenience is key!

for all the people who  cant see the positive sides  :

• the que for matchmaking gets mor diverse e.g. you see more boats you usualy dont see which makes games more interesting
  • you get to play boats that dont immediately come to mind / you havnt played in a long time even though you enjoyed them
  • you can have fun in the chalange of playing  uncomnon combinations in division
  • you get the fun of the anticipation/surprise everyone knows from things like presents or "kinder surprise eggs"....lootboxes arent a thing cause noone likes anticipation/surprise...

[-TXG-]
Players
2,376 posts

well im surprised by the astonishing ammoutnt of hybris and rejection going on here 

I am surprised about the astonishing amount of dead horse flogging by someone who can't pick a ship to play....just pick one, it's not that hard is it? Just close your eyes and click the mouse. 

Players
2,743 posts
15,606 battles
50 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

I am surprised about the astonishing amount of dead horse flogging by someone who can't pick a ship to play....just pick one, it's not that hard is it? Just close your eyes and click the mouse. 

gimme your phone number ill call you arround 01:00 o'clock tonight so you can tell me and my friends what to play k?

[-TXG-]
Players
2,376 posts
33 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

gimme your phone number ill call you arround 01:00 o'clock tonight so you can tell me and my friends what to play k?

I won't be able to decide whether to answer it or not....:Smile-_tongue:

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
969 posts
10,902 battles

While you await a coded response to your quandary may I suggest that you try what we do in our clan? We choose a lowish tier (say 4 or 5) as a start point and just work our way up the tiers until we reach 10 and then repeat. It saves us no end of time that would otherwise be spent saying...

"You choose."

"No, you choose"

"It must be your choice"

"I'm not bothered, you choose"

"I chose last, someone else can choose"

"I don't choose."

"For phuq sake SOMEBODY choose"

• Cool 1

Players
2,743 posts
15,606 battles
3 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

While you await a coded response to your quandary may I suggest that you try what we do in our clan? We choose a lowish tier (say 4 or 5) as a start point and just work our way up the tiers until we reach 10 and then repeat. It saves us no end of time that would otherwise be spent saying...

"You choose."

"No, you choose"

"It must be your choice"

"I'm not bothered, you choose"

"I chose last, someone else can choose"

"I don't choose."

"For phuq sake SOMEBODY choose"

im glad to say atleast theres other people that know the same situation like i suspected

ill try that but i think its not as optimal (and potentially fun!) as a randomizer

[PMI]
Players
2,384 posts
5,598 battles
4 hours ago, Gojuadorai said:

If you see me online, feel free to chat me up, I will try and decide what fits your mood for the moment and wont even charge you.

And no, I promise I will not blacklist your the moment you chat me.

• Funny 1

Players
773 posts
12,271 battles

Well, I understood the concept and have had (even if I hardly ever play in division) the issue a couple of times. Although there was an actual nuance that made me not interpret it with absolute correctness and fall into the fourth category: I thought at first that you were immediately thrown into the queue right after hitting battle, which brought to my mind the matter of camouflages, signals and consumables. If you are used to have automatic replenishment for all your ships, then fine; if you don't, would you mind going into battle barenaked or with randomly assigned extras (like being in an Akatsuki with type 2 camo -dispersion-, only premium engine boost, India Delta -repairs- and Mike Yankee Soxisix -secondaries-)? OTOH, if only ship assignment is done by the first hit on the button, then people can equip as they like and then the second hit puts you in the queue.

Still preferring the machine that won the war, though, but that's just the way I like it.

Salute.

Players
2,743 posts
15,606 battles
50 minutes ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

If you are used to have automatic replenishment for all your ships, then fine; if you don't, would you mind going into battle barenaked or with randomly assigned extras (like being in an Akatsuki with type 2 camo -dispersion-, only premium engine boost, India Delta -repairs- and Mike Yankee Soxisix -secondaries-)? OTOH, if only ship assignment is done by the first hit on the button, then people can equip as they like and then the second hit puts you in the queue.

well thats a valid concern 
while it doesnt apply to me i always run full outfit since i can,  i understand your problem.

it would simply work the way it does now in div when you press ready your ship gets selected.

wehn solo the same thing would apply, just like in div, ready and then able to press battle

Sign in to follow this