Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ferry_25

Tin foil hat... (TFH)

23 comments in this topic

[NED]
Players
4,194 posts
11,706 battles

My fellow wowericans. as of lately I'm struggling with this issue. And I want to know your POV. For now I'm absolutely assuming it's me, not the ship. My increasing aggravating issue is the following: I shoot at a perfectly visible target, during the shell travel time that target goes undetected. As of late I'm getting to assume that salvo will miss. Doing an overpen/ pen without dmg in the BEST case. I get it: even when fully detected I won't ever hit that dev strike every time. But now it feels like I'm shooting at a visible target, which goes undetected during the shell travel time and having quantum mechanical powers seeming to be a "blind target" back in time. In those situations I say; 'oh dear. the target has vanished. This'll be a miss.' and to my despair I'm right 95% of the times....

So: is it (most likely) me: learn to aim, throw your TFH in the bin or am I on to something?

[WGP2W]
Players
1,422 posts
9,970 battles

In fact it is vice versa, if target disappear you have stil second to shoot with locked dispersion on that target.

Maybe just rng,,, or bad luck

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
3,907 posts
13,842 battles
17 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

My fellow wowericans.

This sounds too much like "american" to me. Which I ain't. And have no intention to become.

If You want an answer to your question, than adressing me as a Forumista would be more proper

• Funny 6

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
29 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

wowericans

But we're on the educated side of the big Atlantic pond, not the 'murican one :cap_hmm: Wowsropeans...? No? Well, whatever

If you're playing a BB - target doesn't have to disappear or do anything at all - you'll simply miss. The enemy ship could sit broadside on to you perfectly stationary, most of the time it feels like best you can hope for is a bounce :fish_palm: Also that "half to one side, half to the other, not even one on the ship" dispersion is getting really annoying, especially against bow-on ships

QfKTjzl.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,419 posts
13,838 battles

I mean, if you can't see your target anymore after you've fired, you can't exactly judge whether he maneuvered to dodge your shells either?

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
2,728 posts
7,387 battles

I dont have that feeling.

It happens a lot that when I fire and target gets our of detection when shells are airborne I will still get citadels on the enemy.

What bothers me more is (rarely, but it did happen) when I am firing a salvo from my BB at a broadside BB - the shells just ... disappear in her hull.

Last time I had this was couple of months ago when I shot a full salvo from my Montana at broadside Kurfurst under 10km.

I was laughing already expecting massive damage, but when the shells should made contact with the target the just ***poof*** ... disappeared.

And I was even looking at them trough scope and they did not hit the water. They just went in the ship and ... gone. No hits (ribbons) recorded, no graphical animation of hits ... nothing. Like I shot SpongeBob SquarePants.

[DAVY]
Players
1,139 posts
5,171 battles

5 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

But we're on the educated side of the big Atlantic pond, not the 'murican one :cap_hmm: Wowsropeans...? No? Well, whatever

If you're playing a BB - target doesn't have to disappear or do anything at all - you'll simply miss. The enemy ship could sit broadside on to you perfectly stationary, most of the time it feels like best you can hope for is a bounce :fish_palm: Also that "half to one side, half to the other, not even one on the ship" dispersion is getting really annoying, especially against bow-on ships

QfKTjzl.png

Enemy(in a buddy): Omg! That is an American Shotgun BB 10km's away... omg! omg! omg!

me(in a new mexico): Now you die you commy!

Enemy: omg! omg! ok.. I can turn bow on at least!

Then the new mexico fires 12 guns from full broadside on a russian cruiser around 10kms away...

1 richoche! 11 miss...

Buddy fires 6 shells from bow guns.. 2 fires on NM...

GG RNG.. GG!

• Funny 2

Players
99 posts
5,730 battles

I have a similar experience but not exactly the same.

Lots of times (at least once or twice in a game) I´m tracking a target detected by someone else behind an island. The target is just about to clear the obstacle and come into my sight. Guns are loaded and trained, my finger on mouse left button... and then the target disappears. Its like WTF!, and then, a couple of seconds after, there it its in its full glory again. And Boom! 

Kind of annoying to say the least. Not to mention that in that 2-3 seconds, the target often has had time to angle a bit and therefore avoid to be citadelled.

I guess the disappearing has to have something to do with the fact that the target was detected by someone else and now is detected by me.... or kind of...

Does someone have a better explanation?

Does it happens to someone more, or its just me?

[ONE2]
Players
2,397 posts
14,381 battles
8 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

In fact it is vice versa, if target disappear you have stil second to shoot with locked dispersion on that target.

Maybe just rng,,, or bad luck

Yeah, this is my experience also... Countless Minotaurs cittadelled in their smokes thadda-way. :Smile_smile:

[UNICS]
Players
1,210 posts
15,028 battles
7 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

QfKTjzl.png

U deserve a reward for your artistic nature

Spoiler

kMsNZRd.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,088 battles

The Philadelphia Experiment, it's real and in a game near YOU!

image.png

• Funny 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles
10 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

This sounds too much like "american" to me. Which I ain't. And have no intention to become.

If You want an answer to your question, than adressing me as a Forumista would be more proper

Wouldn't that make you Forumistani? :Smile_teethhappy:

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

I suggest Forumlolials, because some of us spend enough time here like we colonized the crap out of the forums. Also, because of all the lols!

[NED]
Players
4,194 posts
11,706 battles

Thanks for the feedback people! ROLF! With wowericans I meant no specific nation, just fan clowns who love this game. and indeed I truly forgot the one exception: one shooting RN boats in their pathetic smoke. Really: that never ever is getting boring. But considering your valuable feedback I'll change the tin to plumbum foiled hat. Hey: that's a heavier element in the periodic system than Tin is! So it is really more serious... :Smile_playing::Smile_honoring::Smile_teethhappy:

Players
598 posts
15 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Enemy(in a buddy): Omg! That is an American Shotgun BB 10km's away... omg! omg! omg!

me(in a new mexico): Now you die you commy!

Enemy: omg! omg! ok.. I can turn bow on at least!

Then the new mexico fires 12 guns from full broadside on a russian cruiser around 10kms away...

1 richoche! 11 miss...

Buddy fires 6 shells from bow guns.. 2 fires on NM...

GG RNG.. GG!

The follow up being the next salvo from the Budy knocks another 3k health off you and the next 2.3k. You then fire a 2nd salvo at him, still bow on, he's closer this time, or hardly moving because he's in reverse gear. This time you blap 15k of his health away. Your 3rd salvo finishes him off. You press the R key to extinguish the flanes, followed by the Y key to repair most of the damage and carry on to your next target.

• Funny 1

[NED]
Players
4,194 posts
11,706 battles

Small edit to my OP: take it by a slight grain of salt and approach it in a humorous way please....

Players
542 posts
5,476 battles
22 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

My increasing aggravating issue is the following: I shoot at a perfectly visible target, during the shell travel time that target goes undetected. As of late I'm getting to assume that salvo will miss. Doing an overpen/ pen without dmg in the BEST case. I get it: even when fully detected I won't ever hit that dev strike every time. But now it feels like I'm shooting at a visible target, which goes undetected during the shell travel time and having quantum mechanical powers seeming to be a "blind target" back in time. In those situations I say; 'oh dear. the target has vanished. This'll be a miss.' and to my despair I'm right 95% of the times....

What I'm finding more and more of is when you fire at a spotted red sitting behind an island, there's no island icon and you know you'll hit. But the red becomes unspotted and your salvo sails pointlessly into the island.
The shell trajectory should not alter mid-flight, but it does...

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
11,934 battles

@Ferry_25 No, no, noooooo. I can tell you for sure (tm) that it works exactly the other way round. You wait to become unspotted. You wait some extra seconds before you start to turn your ship in any direction. And *boom* 10 to 15 seconds after you become unspotted an enemy salvo hits you dead center no matter where you actually did turn to and what your speed settings were. Dead center, always... :etc_swear:

• Funny 1

Players
772 posts
12,265 battles
1 hour ago, Ubertron_X said:

@Ferry_25 No, no, noooooo. I can tell you for sure (tm) that it works exactly the other way round. You wait to become unspotted. You wait some extra seconds before you start to turn your ship in any direction. And *boom* 10 to 15 seconds after you become unspotted an enemy salvo hits you dead center no matter where you actually did turn to and what your speed settings were. Dead center, always... :etc_swear:

There was a time when I basically shot at anything with my battleships, particularily the KM ones specced for secondaries, right after they disappeared because it was an almost sure citadel. The funniest one was kill securing a vanishing Yugumo with Missouri, from a range of nearly 20km, while 3 other ships at distances of 6-10km were unable to do the final blow to the wiggling bugger.

Salute.

[DAVY]
Players
1,139 posts
5,171 battles
8 hours ago, Lin3 said:

The follow up being the next salvo from the Budy knocks another 3k health off you and the next 2.3k. You then fire a 2nd salvo at him, still bow on, he's closer this time, or hardly moving because he's in reverse gear. This time you blap 15k of his health away. Your 3rd salvo finishes him off. You press the R key to extinguish the flanes, followed by the Y key to repair most of the damage and carry on to your next target.

If that buddy sits there or goes in reverse after I miss the first salvo and grants me another 28 seconds to reload my guns.. then she is totally deserve a paddlin!

But with intelligent captains, it usually goes like.. she forwards to me.. while I am doing whooping 17knots on a turn... I manage to load another salvo.. and hit him like you said 10 to 15K because now he is 6 km away from me.. then after that.. he comes to me.. with his wonderful short range torpedos! :)

Sign in to follow this