Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yaskaraxx

RNG = OK (..as long within competative limits)

12 comments in this topic

Players
692 posts
19,944 battles

More and more often I notice ships (cruisers + destroyers) succesfully taking impossible(!) risks which they base on their firm belief that bad RNG will prevent battleships hitting them anyway:

Out of my own experience, for example:

1)

A Neptune decides to give full braodside to my 9-barrels Alabama at 6 kms (???..was totally unnecessary, he had far better options). Obviously that player anticipated that RNG will 85% chance prevent my Alabama doing any hits?????? Guess what: proved to be "good tactical decision" since my Alabama missed (???) all 9 shells from up-close and was easily torped by Neptune. Come on, what is this? Yeah, I know, RNG, but this is ridiculous. That Neptune should have been punished for his giving broadside this way. Seemed not to be possble to hit him. IMO a case of RNG in "fully-out-of-control-mode".

2)

Just played following battle: my Alabama was spammed with torps by a Kagero, but my 2x floatplanes spotted those torps easily. Next, that player decided to depend his "strategy on bad RNG of BB's" so..he just sailed straight to my Alabama to torp it from ca. 2,5 kms close'????? He even succeeded to do so since my Alabama shooting some 18 He-shells to it from up-close did 2k damage only?? I took my time and timed my separate shots (per turret) as accurate as possibly, being convinced that my Alabama could punish/sink that Kagero for its absurd tactics. But again: RNG made the absurd possible and Alabama (missing hits) got 8 torps from up-close. Seems those players get rewarded for making absurd risky decisions, as it is, regrettably.

I have no problem with RNG: its an important mechanism for the game(!), so np with that. But, PLEASE...keep it within certain competative boundaries otherwise one gets the feeling of being playing World of Warcraft...istead of World of Warships.

In view of above: my adice to battleships: better stay camping when you face such ridiculous RNG. My advise to destroyers atm: just sail toward the battleships and launch yr torps from up-close say 3 kms...since there is 85% chance anyway that the battleship will not be able to hit you due to RNG:cap_wander_2:.....:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
256 posts

And after 16k battles your realise Its a rigged game trying to be random? 

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
14,730 posts
10,882 battles
18 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

More and more often I notice ships (cruisers + destroyers) succesfully taking impossible(!) risks which they base on their firm belief that bad RNG will prevent battleships hitting them anyway:

Out of my own experience, for example:

1)

A Neptune decides to give full braodside to my 9-barrels Alabama at 6 kms (???..was totally unnecessary, he had far better options). Obviously that player anticipated that RNG will 85% chance prevent my Alabama doing any hits?????? Guess what: proved to be "good tactical decision" since my Alabama missed (???) all 9 shells from up-close and was easily torped by Neptune. Come on, what is this? Yeah, I know, RNG, but this is ridiculous. That Neptune should have been punished for his giving broadside this way. Seemed not to be possble to hit him. IMO a case of RNG in "fully-out-of-control-mode".

2)

Just played following battle: my Alabama was spammed with torps by a Kagero, but my 2x floatplanes spotted those torps easily. Next, that player decided to depend his "strategy on bad RNG of BB's" so..he just sailed straight to my Alabama to torp it from ca. 2,5 kms close'????? He even succeeded to do so since my Alabama shooting some 18 He-shells to it from up-close did 2k damage only?? I took my time and timed my separate shots (per turret) as accurate as possibly, being convinced that my Alabama could punish/sink that Kagero for its absurd tactics. But again: RNG made the absurd possible and Alabama (missing hits) got 8 torps from up-close. Seems those players get rewarded for making absurd risky decisions, as it is, regrettably.

I have no problem with RNG: its an important mechanism for the game(!), so np with that. But, PLEASE...keep it within certain competative boundaries otherwise one gets the feeling of being playing World of Warcraft...istead of World of Warships.

In view of above: my adice to battleships: better stay camping when you face such ridiculous RNG. My advise to destroyers atm: just sail toward the battleships and launch yr torps from up-close say 3 kms...since there is 85% chance anyway that the battleship will not be able to hit you due to RNG:cap_wander_2:.....:cap_popcorn:

1: If you have 85% chance of missing at that range, your problem is not RNG.

2: If you all you do vs a rushing DD is shooting two salvos for 2k damage and get sunk, you problem is not RNG.

If you evade and run from the DD you can be chased for minutes, giving you many more opportunites to shoot. Yes, better aiming helps.

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles

If a Cruiser shows broadside or a DD rushes me in my BB, I can't kill it.

If I show broadside in a Cruiser, or rush a BB with my DD, I get devastated.

Clearly WG's RNG algorithm is biased against me. 

/tinfoil hat

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
692 posts
19,944 battles

No.."Clocky" (#2) totally disagree: this game is NOT rigged as you state. Yes, I played lots of battles just because this game overall is excellent(!). Only thing I want to give some attention atm: maybe it's time to more fine-tune RNG a bit at this stage?? It's all about balancing which is on-going process (for all games).

Overall, my intention: let's strive to an environment where ridiculous errors (in battle) get to be punished more often. That way new players learn to play the game tactically in better ways.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,250 posts
6,795 battles
28 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

1)

Alternatively

"at this range he'll delete me through the bow anyway, might aswell go broadside, fire everything I can, maybe I'll get lucky and he'll overpen"

Also sounds like you simply missed the shot instead of RNG taking it randomly away (not denying that it can happen, but it usually doesn't)

30 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

2)

Close range = bad vertical dispersion, small target like a DD is rather safe right next to you, yeah. You aren't supposed to delete DDs when they are that close, you should've attempted that when he was more than 5km away from you. Also shooting turrets 1-by-1 doesn't make them more accurate, you just increase the enemies ability to dodge.

Alternatively you could try this thing called "teamwork" - don't rush everywhere solo like a dumba**, make sure some ally is with you. But hey, that would be too much to ask from someone with 16k battles, you need at least 50k to notice that this might be a team based game

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,430 posts
13,838 battles
53 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

He even succeeded to do so since my Alabama shooting some 18 He-shells to it from up-close did 2k damage only??

Well, there is your problem.

Currently BB AP shells are far more effective against DDs than HE shells.

Players
692 posts
19,944 battles
40 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Alternatively

"at this range he'll delete me through the bow anyway, might aswell go broadside, fire everything I can, maybe I'll get lucky and he'll overpen"

Also sounds like you simply missed the shot instead of RNG taking it randomly away (not denying that it can happen, but it usually doesn't)

Close range = bad vertical dispersion, small target like a DD is rather safe right next to you, yeah. You aren't supposed to delete DDs when they are that close, you should've attempted that when he was more than 5km away from you. Also shooting turrets 1-by-1 doesn't make them more accurate, you just increase the enemies ability to dodge.

Alternatively you could try this thing called "teamwork" - don't rush everywhere solo like a dumba**, make sure some ally is with you. But hey, that would be too much to ask from someone with 16k battles, you need at least 50k to notice that this might be a team based game

1)

To be more precise: that Neptune was in reverse leaving the safe protection of island hide-out, giving full broad-side. So, he obviously decided to take this absurd risk risk, knowing (& hoping) that Alabama RNG would 85% chance not hit him...providing him with easy BB-kill. This should not be allowed in game (such absurd errors should be punished more often, imo).

2)

well, what can I say, well, maybe this: "go telling Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry-movies) that his Colt-45 is NOT effective when up-close"...would he laugh at you flat in yr face? lol (well, you asked for it, lol)

[ADRIA]
Players
4,250 posts
6,795 battles
5 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

1)

To be more precise: that Neptune was in reverse leaving the safe protection of island hide-out, giving full broad-side. So, he obviously decided to take this absurd risk risk, knowing (& hoping) that Alabama RNG would 85% chance not hit him...providing him with easy BB-kill. This should not be allowed in game (such absurd errors should be punished more often, imo).

Ok, he was the typical potato (a player of your skill level) who went "herp-a-derp I haz torps, I haz to uze dem!". You aimed badly and he sink you bcuz of it

8 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

2)

well, what can I say, well, maybe this: "go telling Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry-movies) that his Colt-45 is NOT effective when up-close"...would he laugh at you flat in yr face? lol (well, you asked for it, lol)

well, what can I say is - go learn how dispersion works

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,708 battles
1 hour ago, lup3s said:

TBH it feels like that sometimes tho XD 

Players
787 posts
12,347 battles
2 hours ago, lup3s said:

/tinfoil hat

Not against you, but clearly against me!

Sign in to follow this