Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wilkatis_LV

In the name of Pink Science

13 comments in this topic

[ADRIA]
Players
4,269 posts
6,795 battles

Disclaimer:

All tests were done on PTS, so may not be entirely representative of how it is on the Live server. Then again, I've seen nothing about this iteration of PTS that would indicate any changes regarding the team damage / teamkilling / pink system being introduced / tested, so "theoretically" there should be none unless those are unannounced "shadow" changes :cap_hmm:

Inspired by the "Do suiciders get punished?" thread ( https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/101997-do-suiciders-get-punished/ ) I headed to PTS (didn't want to do it on the Live server, now I almost feel like I should have just done that instead) to find the answer to my question:

20 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I wonder - if you are pink and damage yourself, what happens to the reflection damage? :cap_hmm:

I mean, it's simple - get pink, pick a CV, hit yourself, get results. Right?

Hahahaha, yeah, sure. Of course not. No idea what was I expecting :fish_palm:

1st off - the getting pink part. 3 times in a row played as a CV (well, technically 4, but training room doesn't count) who kills himself, didn't go pink for it. Co-op (only bots in team), co-op (only bots in team), (training room), randoms (clearly stated what I'm about to do in the chat, team still won I think). 3x suicide, 0x punished for it.

The only thing I discovered - on PTS you as a CV can not DoT yourself. Bombs don't set fires, torps don't set floods when you hit your own ship. Bug or feature? Who knows, couldn't find it mentioned absolutely anywhere. Engine and rudder still get taken out just as they normally should be, so at least there's that

tumblr_le3iimRqBr1qe91wdo1_500.jpg

"Can I even get pink on the PTS?" was the next thing that crossed my mind. Easy enough to test. Take some ship (went with Kagero.. bcuz why not) and shoot up some allied bot in co-op. Yeah, took me a couple of HE salvos and the job's done - I'm pink with all the reflection thingy working. (no humans who can breathe and think at the same time were harmed this time either. that one non-bot...team would have had a better chance if he was a bot lol) 2 games pink, good enough.

Spoiler

DeakvhH.jpg

With that finally out of the way - lets test the self-killing CV thing again. Can't set a DoT on myself, but still can hit with the raw damage. Damage increase? Nope, the exact same dmg as previously. (oh, btw, again - in coop, only bots in team)

Nice to know or whatever, who cares. But that's not even the best part. Remember how I had 2 games as a pink? Apparently self-inflicted dmg / kill isn't team damage, as I got just 1 penalty game left after it

Spoiler

txz8LRg.jpg

So...

• Was any of this mentioned literally anywhere? If it was - please link it to me, I haven't seen it
  • More or less all the stuff here - bugs or working as intended? Who knows, right? Chances of us actually being told - I'd rate them as "don't make me laugh"
  • Is this "kill myself = not team dmg" also a thing on the Live server? Anyone knows?
  • And what the hell is the "can't set a DoT on yourself" supposed to accomplish? Prevent suiciding? Oh no, you extended my life by up to a minute while my planes are rearming, getting back into the air and dropping myself 2nd time!
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
349 posts
10,195 battles

You might go pink from strafing own planes, I see it apear as team damage

• Cool 1

Players
773 posts
12,293 battles
22 minutes ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

AFAIK, going pink from strafing own/friendly planes either doesn't happen or the threshold is very high, because I've never turned that way by doing so. But yes, those shot-down planes appear as team damage.

What does happen is staying pink (i.e., the penalty counter not going down) due to friendly strafing. I made the experiment in one of those rare occasions I've been sunburnt by messing up with a different ship, then switching to CVs to see what the effects were. That was on the live server.

About self-inflicted damage/suicide, no idea.

Salute.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,454 posts
13,851 battles
1 hour ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

24 minutes ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

AFAIK, going pink from strafing own/friendly planes either doesn't happen or the threshold is very high

Threshold is very high. I've seen it happen only once and that was with well over 15 friendly plane kills, ending with me losing more fighters to my teammate than to the enemy team.

No worries tho. Both enemy CVs went for a snipe on him, so I simply let him die then comfortably 1v2'd the match.

I am not a good person.

• Cool 2

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,712 battles

jesse pinkman aproves!

But weird you cant do floods on yourself tho 

AFAIK when casters like flamu  suicided for KOTS games that usualy worked? 

Players
787 posts
12,347 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Reveal hidden contents

DeakvhH.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

txz8LRg.jpg

So...

• Was any of this mentioned literally anywhere? If it was - please link it to me, I haven't seen it
  • More or less all the stuff here - bugs or working as intended? Who knows, right? Chances of us actually being told - I'd rate them as "don't make me laugh"
  • Is this "kill myself = not team dmg" also a thing on the Live server? Anyone knows?
  • And what the hell is the "can't set a DoT on yourself" supposed to accomplish? Prevent suiciding? Oh no, you extended my life by up to a minute while my planes are rearming, getting back into the air and dropping myself 2nd time!

Wow, now i feel very lazy for not doing all this myself:Smile_sad:

But thank you for doing it.

So maybe some WG-staff can enlighten us?

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,269 posts
6,795 battles
42 minutes ago, lameoll said:

jesse pinkman aproves!

But weird you cant do floods on yourself tho 

AFAIK when casters like flamu  suicided for KOTS games that usualy worked? 

AFAIK you can still do it on live. So that has to be a new change on the PTS. Not mentioned anywhere tho, so no idea

29 minutes ago, JG4_sKylon said:

So maybe some WG-staff can enlighten us?

I do hope so

Players
1,513 posts
10,546 battles
3 hours ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

AFAIK, going pink from strafing own/friendly planes either doesn't happen or the threshold is very high, because I've never turned that way by doing so. But yes, those shot-down planes appear as team damage.

Only had it happen once, but the threshold was low.

This happened back in the days when mirrored CV MM was a new thing :)

Tried strafing a full enemy fighter squad locked in click-fight with my friendly CV's fighter squad. I dont remember nations, but I strafed because the enemy squad had more planes left in it.

Bang. Pink from killing at maximum 5 planes. That was the only friendly planes i killed, and I had never been pink before in several 1000 games.

Never TK'ed friendly squads since, so I wouldnt know how it is now.

3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Threshold is very high. I've seen it happen only once and that was with well over 15 friendly plane kills....

Guess it probably got changed then.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,454 posts
13,851 battles
1 hour ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

To be fair since mine happened too before the penalty system rework both of our information could be outdated.

Before that I did accidentally strafe a friendly full USN fighter squad once (he changed course and flew straight into my strafe path). Didn't get pink.

• Cool 1

Players
773 posts
12,293 battles
12 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

10 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

To be fair since mine happened too before the penalty system rework both of our information could be outdated.

Before that I did accidentally strafe a friendly full USN fighter squad once (he changed course and flew straight into my strafe path). Didn't get pink.

Same for me: the little experiment about staying pink was a bit more than a year ago, hence not being representative of the current state (but I doubt that part would have changed).

I think shooting down 9 friendlies is the worst I've done so far, which means that, out of our respective experiences, the red line is/was somewhere between 8 and 15. How many planes down equalled a sinking in XP? Because that could be the clue for narrowing down the threshold, assuming that those planes are treated like damaging an HP percentage of a friendly ship.

Salute.

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
669 posts
6,740 battles
3 minutes ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

. How many planes down equalled a sinking in XP? 

If i recall correctly is 40, so 2.5% per plane

• Cool 1

Players
773 posts
12,293 battles
2 minutes ago, Flavio1997 said:

If i recall correctly is 40, so 2.5% per plane

Then 25% for 10 planes, 30% for 12, 35% for 14. Probably one of those options due to being easily implementable fractions (13 planes are 32.5%, still below one third -the fraction-, while 14 surpasses it).

Salute.

Sign in to follow this