Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bouncer8409

camping BB

12 comments in this topic

[RNSF]
Players
209 posts
12,709 battles

Just curious....

Do BB mains have their *edit ?

Biggest guns, strongest armour and heals but most of the time NO balls at all !

Is it just me that uses my BB armour to tank damage for the team ?

There are of course exceptions but in most battles BB's seem to run and hide behind islands for most of the game !

Thoughts ?

Players
2,371 posts
6,683 battles

I have the same problem with DDs hiding behind me when I'm frontlining in a BB and the DD keeps on hiding behind me when people keep asking to spot and we get torped multiple times :Smile_sad:

Besides, one of the problems with tanking for your team is if I then retreat, only to see the entire team retreat ahead of me ending up in me getting focussed to death because noone is willing to take over the tanking bit :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 5

[TIPC]
Players
237 posts
10,138 battles

I take a camping BB over a yolo torper suicide-boat(DD) any time as long the coward BB is alive its point-worth is intact at least.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
On 11/06/2018 at 6:57 PM, bouncer8409 said:

Just curious....

There are of course exceptions but in most battles BB's seem to run and hide behind islands for most of the game !

Thoughts ?

varys1.jpg

• Funny 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,780 posts
10,685 battles

Just curious....

Thoughts ?

While I'm inclined to agree, I also feel it necessary to say a word in defense of BB players - yes, they have big guns, lots of HP and heavy armor. However, they also handle like a house and if they show broadside, they can suffer a lot. Their concealment also tends to be bad. While it's hard to kill a BB, it's just as hard to save one from a pinch - overextending in a BB can be lethal, even if the process of dying takes a lot more time than if you are an overextended cruiser or a DD caught with your pants down.

That's why, while it's true that BBs very often prove cowardly to the point of uselessness, their ability to survive through anything is often overestimated by people playing other classes. It's a bit like with DDs showing severe case of capture point allergy - usually people have good reasons to get angry at DDs that refuse to cap, but the situation (position of known Radars, existence of unspoted Radars, presence of aircraft carriers, relative stealth and firepower of enemy DDs etc) can also dictate that what to non-DD player seems to be a cap waiting for its new owner might well be a predictable deathtrap that no sane DD with a sliver of situational awareness would enter. It's, as I said earlier, pretty similar with the BBs - reluctance to advance can be a no-balls demonstration but it can also be a case of not-yet-insane BB player refusing to get into a hopeless situation he can't possibly withdraw from in that gun-equipped small city he's sailing.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,708 battles

ye  its a common issue. most ppl are just bad at the game and do not know how to play a BB.

and some just do not trust their team and will  only move when they move.

but its generaly a skill issue.  you have some who try it but position themselves so badly they get destroyed quickly so after a while they do not dare to do that annymore.

but its an  issue with every class tbh its just that BB players are abundant.

Players
787 posts
12,347 battles

They´re not all the same.... i had several T10 BBs in my team yesterday which pushed right from the start and right until their end, 4 minutes game time.

Players
889 posts
7,321 battles

Random game mode ... whatever the ship class, a good portion of players will do ill-informed stuff with it. (Applies to all other F2P titles too.)

I agree BB's hiding behind CL/CA are kind of aggravating in a special way. It's just hard to respect someone with all that armour and letting his weaker team mates take all the punches. I'm less mad with those DD's dying early.

Players
2,244 posts
14,317 battles
5 hours ago, bouncer8409 said:

.. but in most battles BB's seem to run and hide behind islands for most of the game !

Thoughts ?

Many of the CC do the exact same thing, and they have balls.  Is it possible this is an effective strategy for many based on their abilities?

Players
2,207 posts
7,425 battles

Found this pearl today. Note that I was a mere 2 km behind the cap in Sleeping Giant when I encountered this peculiar HE spammer :cap_look:

5b1f053e58e70_Sinttulo.png.c7fbd2d4babda86e21d1ecf62732f2ac.png

Beta Tester
3,909 posts
13,851 battles

ust curious....

Yes.

Usually there's also at least 1/3 of the BaBBy Driver's brain removed in the process.

Then there's a reduction of their manual skills as soon as they get close to an island, so they can't use the A or D key properly, leaving them with only the W and A key. Which fits their "kemp bush" mentality perfectly...

Any more questions?

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
370 posts
7,306 battles

While I don't camp at the back of the map I also certainly will not blindly push a flank, people think that because I slow down that that means Im going to camp where I am when often I'm waiting to see who is where or wait for the opportunity to move as a group. Just because I would rather take the damage than anyone else on my team doesn't mean I don't still want to make it an effective trade, I'm not going to just float 200k free damage towards the enemy while I take pot shots at cruisers burning me from 20km away.

Any BB player can take damage, but a good BB player will soak 100k damage from the enemy while allowing his allies to deal 200k damage.

And RN BBs who don't take advantage of their ability to cloak, retreat and heal are doing something wrong.

Sign in to follow this