Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

How to learn DM players to use DF as CV?

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,257 battles

worst thing is, there is no need for Midway AP bombs.
I've dropped DM with Shokakus / Taihos, heck 2 days ago my teammate DM got killed by enemy Taiho...
How you ask?
God knows...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,765 posts
10,662 battles
2 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

(...)

I think the word you wanted to use in your thread title was "teach".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,300 posts
6,185 battles

Could you not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles

It's quite funny really. Roughly a week ago I saw a Des Moines get blapped from full HP by Midway AP bombs and he only shot down a single plane. And there had been nothing to activate DFAA beforehand so the only conclusion is that guy was either running hydro, or he was next-level potatoeing and just thought he didn't need it and considering his positioning, I actually think the potato scenario to be more likely, not that it's mutually exclusive with him having used hydro though ...

 

From one second to the next you go from a confident "Ey, I'm impervious to CV attacks because I have a Des Moines next to me" to a disbelieving "Wut? Why?".

 

 

Randoms ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BUSHI]
[BUSHI]
Players
126 posts
7,178 battles
19 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

It's quite funny really. Roughly a week ago I saw a Des Moines get blapped from full HP by Midway AP bombs and he only shot down a single plane. And there had been nothing to activate DFAA beforehand so the only conclusion is that guy was either running hydro, or he was next-level potatoeing and just thought he didn't need it and considering his positioning, I actually think the potato scenario to be more likely, not that it's mutually exclusive with him having used hydro though ...

 

From one second to the next you go from a confident "Ey, I'm impervious to CV attacks because I have a Des Moines next to me" to a disbelieving "Wut? Why?".

 

 

Randoms ...

 

People really aren't used to the AP bombs thing, especially in the cruisers, so they ignore bombs to not get dropped by the TBs ( a lot of them never played higher tier CV and probably don't know the icon thing to differentiate them)

Hell I don't even know what what cruisers are vulnerable to AP bombs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,977 posts
8,585 battles

Hi all,

 

1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

It's quite funny really. Roughly a week ago I saw a Des Moines get blapped from full HP by Midway AP bombs and he only shot down a single plane. And there had been nothing to activate DFAA beforehand so the only conclusion is that guy was either running hydro, or he was next-level potatoeing and just thought he didn't need it and considering his positioning, I actually think the potato scenario to be more likely, not that it's mutually exclusive with him having used hydro though ...

 

From one second to the next you go from a confident "Ey, I'm impervious to CV attacks because I have a Des Moines next to me" to a disbelieving "Wut? Why?".

 

 

Randoms ...

 

I got deleted by "Flamu" in my "Des Moines" by his "Midway" and AP bombs on Saturday... :Smile_hiding:

 

I had "Def AA" but he skilfully lured me into using it by faking attack on nearyby friendly "Amagi". Being good teammate I did what I could to help my random teammate (enemy AP bombers were literally over his BB). But "Flamu" retreated his planes and waited for my cooldown... and then he attacked me instead of "Amagi"... I killed just 5 planes and got blaped...

 

BTW, he got 7 kills in that game (see my post below in "Which forum members have you seen in random battles?") - luckily we had excellent "Farazelleth" in our CV and we won the battle ("Flamu" killed the other "Des Moines" in our team as well - but he parked in the center and just maintained his AA aura)!

 

 

 

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,429 posts
14,798 battles
2 hours ago, eliastion said:

I think the word you wanted to use in your thread title was "teach".

It's out! Boris is George W. Bush!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles
2 hours ago, The_Baptist said:

 

People really aren't used to the AP bombs thing, especially in the cruisers, so they ignore bombs to not get dropped by the TBs ( a lot of them never played higher tier CV and probably don't know the icon thing to differentiate them)

Hell I don't even know what what cruisers are vulnerable to AP bombs.

 

1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I got deleted by "Flamu" in my "Des Moines" by his "Midway" and AP bombs on Saturday... :Smile_hiding:

 

I had "Def AA" but he skilfully lured me into using it by faking attack on nearyby friendly "Amagi". Being good teammate I did what I could to help my random teammate (enemy AP bombers were literally over his BB). But "Flamu" retreated his planes and waited for my cooldown... and then he attacked me instead of "Amagi"... I killed just 5 planes and got blaped...

 

 

But the Des Moines I was talking about wasn't baited to use its DFAA, nor was there any threat of TBs (those were in fact just in the process of returning to their CV as they had dropped on something else entirely). Midway just straight up went for the Des Moines with the DBs and SMACK, Des Moines gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
660 posts
6,689 battles

The sheer amount of Dm and moskvas that im oneshotting in my lexington is getting ilarious, yesterday in a single match:

1 dm for his full hp (100% dev strike)  at the 3rd minutes of the game  ( fun and engaging)

2 moskvas with 1 squadron each, 2 dev strkes+ double kill.

The fact is that ap bombs should either be removed or heavily tuned to be more effective agains bbs and not devastating against cruisers ( and the higher you go, the worst it get). Right now the situation is retarded, and unfun for the receiving  end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,384 posts
7,744 battles

I haven't used AA build in my DM for ages. 99% of the time carriers just ignore DM, so I found Captain skills for hunting  DD's much more useful... Quite frankly I don't remember dying to CV ever in my DM...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,422 posts
13,022 battles

AFT, BTF, AA mod and defensive AA. That is more than enough to not get killed by a CV with DM. Who runs hydro on the DM anyways? You have 56 seconds of radar ffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×