Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Larky2k

Loss of free XP on Cleveland

15 comments in this topic

[WAFU]
Weekend Tester
183 posts
1,269 battles

Just reinstalled WoWs after PC died and was looking forward to playing Cleveland at T8. Prior to the release of the patch i been playing her a lot to accumulate free XP to get the next ship when its released and to buy the modules back. Well its all gone :Smile_sad:

[3STG]
Players
323 posts
9,980 battles

All ship XP stayed with the tier, so your XP is now in the Pensacola.

Beta Tester
1,843 posts
2,580 battles

What @Paimentaja said. This was also spelled out quite clear as day in the patch notes, both at release, and during the test.

EDIT: Should also be noted that this was exactly the way it was done the last two times such a split was performed (IJN and VMF DD's)

• Bad 1

[WAFU]
Weekend Tester
183 posts
1,269 battles

haven't read the notes and never had the other ships that split to know. thanks for the heads up

Beta Tester
1,843 posts
2,580 battles
Just now, Larky2k said:

haven't read the notes

Well, to quote Jamie Hyneman, there's your problem..

• Bad 1

Players
264 posts
6,955 battles
8 hours ago, Larky2k said:

haven't read the notes and never had the other ships that split to know. thanks for the heads up

XD well there we have it. 

Also, for further reference: the XP type you're referring to is called ship XP, as opposed to free XP, which is not bound to any ship and can be spent on anything you like. 

Close topic?

[WAFU]
Weekend Tester
183 posts
1,269 battles
9 hours ago, lafeel said:

Well, to quote Jamie Hyneman, there's your problem..

What part of dead PC was hard to grasp

Beta Tester
4,178 posts
9,501 battles
1 minute ago, Larky2k said:

You're reading this on a dead pc?

[WAFU]
Weekend Tester
183 posts
1,269 battles

No only just got a new PC so been downloading software and updating games. I jumped into WoWs once updates and wanted to play my Cleveland and noticed my Ship XP was gone.

Players
264 posts
6,955 battles
2 minutes ago, Larky2k said:

No only just got a new PC so been downloading software and updating games. I jumped into WoWs once updates and wanted to play my Cleveland and noticed my Ship XP was gone.

......... But you didnt notice it was a tier 8 now, while you had been anticipating it to be tier 8? 

It doesnt make sense, cause you mustve caught something on the update, or you would have been grinding up. 

crap happens though, you still have XP saved up on your pensa now, so that you can unlock the Dallas when update 0.7.6 kicks in. 

Still, i suppose the topic might aswell be closed and/or removed. 

[WAFU]
Weekend Tester
183 posts
1,269 battles
40 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

......... But you didnt notice it was a tier 8 now, while you had been anticipating it to be tier 8? 

It doesnt make sense, cause you mustve caught something on the update, or you would have been grinding up. 

crap happens though, you still have XP saved up on your pensa now, so that you can unlock the Dallas when update 0.7.6 kicks in. 

Still, i suppose the topic might aswell be closed and/or removed. 

I knew it was t8 i was expecting the XP to move with the ship as it was tied to it. I was wrong

Beta Tester
1,843 posts
2,580 battles
2 hours ago, Larky2k said:

Still does not explain away your failiure to read the patch notes. :Smile-_tongue:

In fact, you nicely proved that old saying about what happens when you assume.

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
4,178 posts
9,501 battles
2 hours ago, Larky2k said:

I knew it was t8 i was expecting the XP to move with the ship as it was tied to it. I was wrong

The general rule (and anyone feel free to correct me if there's been any case where this haven't been the case, even in wot or wowp) is that the XP is tied to the place in the tech tree its earned.

I mean, could you imagine the complaints if baltimores had their XP moved to t8? You already got a free jump to t8 and the original t6 xp can still be used for the purpose it had before, to research the t7.

Beta Tester
1,843 posts
2,580 battles
1 minute ago, AgarwaenME said:

The general rule (and anyone feel free to correct me if there's been any case where this haven't been the case, even in wot or wowp) is that the XP is tied to the place in the tech tree its earned.

I mean, could you imagine the complaints if baltimores had their XP moved to t8? You already got a free jump to t8 and the original t6 xp can still be used for the purpose it had before, to research the t7.

It has been that way every time a vehicle has been moved in the tree, up or down, yes.

• Bad 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,199 posts
6,775 battles

So let me get this straight:

• You did figure out that US cruiser split is coming (presumably through reading about it or by hearing that in some video)
  • You had no clue that the XP keeps its place despite that comment pretty much always accompanying the previous statement that the cruiser split is coming?

Sign in to follow this