Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
JG4_sKylon

Do suiciders get punished?

40 comments in this topic

Players
787 posts
12,347 battles

Hello,

had a match right now where our Tier8 Lex did not like the matchmaking and decided to sink himself.

Afaik he did not get pink or any warning for teamdamage.

I am wondering if he gets around punishment for being AFK/useless in this match?

Made a screenshot and opened a ticket, but i don´t expect them to really look into it.

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
11 minutes ago, Benser said:

What, he bombed himself to death?

As far as I know this is possible, by doing a manual strike on your own location. (never done it myself)

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
370 posts
7,318 battles

I can imagine, just seems unbelievable, why even bother?

What reason is there to not make the most of any game regardless of the circumstances?

I certainly hope there is a punishment for that.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles

I completely agree, there should. In fact if you ask me, killing yourself like that should count as a team damage (and kill)

No idea what, if any punishment there is for doing this currently.

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
Just now, Egoleter said:

A teamkill is a teamkill. He'll get his warning after the match.

Works for me. Still don't feel they should be allowed into even normal pve to serve out said punishment, though. <.<

[IRQ]
Players
2,733 posts
6,638 battles

If someone deliberately teamkills anyone, especially themselves, send a ticket (with replay/screenshot). Worst case scenario nothing happens. Best case they get banned. It's not unlikely they get a harsher punishment if the offence is worse than what the automated or in-game report system are meant for.

• Cool 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,507 posts
8 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

If someone deliberately teamkills anyone, especially themselves, send a ticket (with replay/screenshot). Worst case scenario nothing happens. Best case they get banned. It's not unlikely they get a harsher punishment if the offence is worse than what the automated or in-game report system are meant for.

That could work too. Repeat offenders could be identified that way and can get actual bans.

Players
787 posts
12,347 battles

Yep, he bombed/torped himself. We were wondering that he was almost dead after 3-4 minutes into the game.

I opened a ticket with screenshot (showing him with -1 kills and 0xp), support asks for replay which i can not provide (vanilla).

So nobody is sure how the system will react to this behaviour?

Edit: does it indicate something that he is not pink in the battle result table?

[IRQ]
Players
2,733 posts
6,638 battles
Just now, JG4_sKylon said:

So nobody is sure how the system will react to this behaviour?

The system will treat it as any other teamkill.

If you report it, juding by the one time I reported someone for deliberately going AFK to spite me, chances are something will be done. WG support doesn't like that kind of behaviour, but on the other hand, they will never reveal what actually happens to the players you report with tickets.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,507 posts
27 minutes ago, JG4_sKylon said:

Edit: does it indicate something that he is not pink in the battle result table?

No. If he isn't punished immediatly, he will be punished after the battle, which includes your result screen. He would be pink in the next battle.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,264 posts
6,795 battles

I wonder - if you are pink and damage yourself, what happens to the reflection damage? :cap_hmm:

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,507 posts
2 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I wonder - if you are pink and damage yourself, what happens to the reflection damage? :cap_hmm:

That is ...

... actually a very good question.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles
28 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Server crashes because of not knowing what to do? :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles
44 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Enemy CV starts losing HP :cap_book:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
On 6/10/2018 at 8:51 PM, JG4_sKylon said:

Hello,

had a match right now where our Tier8 Lex did not like the matchmaking and decided to sink himself.

Afaik he did not get pink or any warning for teamdamage.

I am wondering if he gets around punishment for being AFK/useless in this match?

Made a screenshot and opened a ticket, but i don´t expect them to really look into it.

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to promoting bad behavior in-game.
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 12
  • Angry 1

Players
471 posts
2,248 battles
On 6/11/2018 at 12:19 AM, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

*Edited

*Edited

Even suggesting this on the forum should be punished hard

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive content.
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
3 minutes ago, Yogibjoern said:

Even suggesting this on the forum should be punished hard

Could say he's living up to the toxic part of his name even.

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,351 posts
10,844 battles

*Edited

Please tell me you're trolling here. 

• Boring 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,103 posts

*Edited

I believe you no longer play, or at least that's what you've posted. That being said people with your attitude should be banned for a very long time to permanently, not only is it a breach of the rules, this is a team game, you do OWE the other players on your team your best efforts to win.

If you or anyone else think like you've posted then you shouldn't play a game where teammates can be affected by your selfish behaviour.

@MrConway I'd like to hear your view on the post I've quoted and the thread in general as people that AFK because they dislike the matchmaking or the team tactics or suicide in a CV are far from rare.

• Bad 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,450 posts
13,843 battles
4 hours ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Obvioulsy there is the question of ethics, and suiciding is douchebaggery for sure, but the truth is that no player owe any other player any kind of respect and no player can be compelled to do something they don't want to do.

Which is clearly why unsportsmanlike behavior is heavily penalized in all competitive sports and video games.

The moment you click that battle button is the moment you waive your rights to quit without consequences. If you only want to play scenarios that favor you, go play a singleplayer game and stop bothering the people who are forced to endure your idiocy.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,669 battles
1 hour ago, BeauNidl3 said:

you do OWE the other players on your team your best efforts to win

All they own ME is taking care of lonely borders or keeping a close watch from any corner of the map. If theres no effort from the team im not part of it.

1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Which is clearly why unsportsmanlike behavior is heavily penalized

Yup, simply say you are a noob, that should clear all the misunderstandings and your good.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
4,198 posts
9,514 battles
2 hours ago, Azalgor said:

All they own ME is taking care of lonely borders or keeping a close watch from any corner of the map. If theres no effort from the team im not part of it.

Yup, simply say you are a noob, that should clear all the misunderstandings and your good.

Talking about people who intentionally suicide to spite teams that don't obey his commands..

The worst of this game.

• Bad 1