Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ThisBoat

Shriratsuyu Gun Sounds

16 comments in this topic

[BNI]
Players
14 posts
10,589 battles

Hi,

recently acquired the Shiratsuyu.

The gun sound, wow, its like a Yamato on steroids, and the volume can't be lowered, like the other guns in the game.....

This is not normal is it?

Players
1,422 posts
13,052 battles
2 minutes ago, ThisBoat said:

Hi,

The gun sound, wow, its like a Yamato on steroids, and the volume can't be lowered, like the other guns in the game.....

I have that aswell. Guess its a known bug. Probably fixed soon tm

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles

You know, it's sort of hilarious to think about that if this is a bug, it produces - arguably - better effects than say, ~70-80% of the audio in the game that is actually working as intended.

I mean, sh*t, Kancolle has miles better music than WoWs, and it's basically a mobile game for Pete's sake.

And in case the north american EULA would digest the european bastillon of justice and brightness - namely, this place -, then everything above is only a personal opinion, not in any case a representative measurement of the product and is subject to change anyways.

Just like the Graf Zeppelin! :Smile_playing:

[TS1]
Players
530 posts
7,592 battles
2 minutes ago, AkosJaccik said:

I mean, sh*t, Kancolle has miles better music than WoWs, and it's basically a mobile game for Pete's sake.

I actually think WoWs has good music. I'd say they're comparable, but it's kinda wonky since it's a different style for a different game.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,414 posts
13,826 battles
1 hour ago, AkosJaccik said:

I mean, sh*t, Kancolle has miles better music than WoWs

I actually quite like the orchestral soundtrack of WoWs. The game has a list of flaws that stretches for miles but the music certainly isn't one of them imo.

Then again music is a purely subjective thing.

• Cool 3

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles

Purely a subjective thing - very much true. Meme-ing aside,  my example feels to me more exciting, more "brave" and spirited, varied and less cliché so to speak. It is true however - again, meme-ing aside -, that "the music of XY" contains potentially hundreds of tracks, some of very pleasant and well-done, some less so. But ultimately, I'd easily listen to the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra play KC just and purely for the musical experience, can't really say the same about WoWs. 

But my point would be rather about actually some of the gun sounds (although small-caliber destroyer guns tend to be among the best for me), engine sounds (RIP old Kongo turbine whine :C ), AA sounds (as lackluster as their visuals), splashes, airplanes... though sound seems to be a running problem in other titles as well. Maybe the one thing that everyone implements with dead-on accuracy is the Garand's 'ka-tching'. :Smile_teethhappy:

[ALONE]
Players
1,350 posts
10,812 battles
10 hours ago, ThisBoat said:

Hi,

when I really have to use guns on this boat (I don't use smoke...) I rather relate to Yamato reload rate and turret rotation :cap_old:

[NWP]
Players
731 posts
6,300 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

I actually quite like the orchestral soundtrack of WoWs. The game has a list of flaws that stretches for miles but the music certainly isn't one of them imo.

Then again music is a purely subjective thing.

Same. One of my mates turns the music off but I think it actually adds to the experience.

Gun sounds are too uniform, however. I always like the Yorck's main battery firing sound, for example.

[IRQ]
Players
2,729 posts
6,638 battles

I just bought the Yamato (which I unlocked ages ago, and really should've bought during Ranked instead of Gearing). I like the gun sounds of those pieces.

[TS1]
Players
530 posts
7,592 battles

Just played my first game in the tier 3 French BB. Sure, it's a BB, but the gun sounds are still so very very loud. Probably the same thing as the Shira.

Sign in to follow this