Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anunnak

Mockery discounts (rant)

51 comments in this topic

[SP4WN]
Players
50 posts
4,947 battles

Hello,

I recently got a so called "disscount" coupon (in-game gift probably for playing too much) for a one time fabulous 10% off for packages above 30 euros (excluding special offers and other disscounts). Now, the greed of this company is becoming legendary, no doubt about it, everyone here knows (especially europeans),  but what in God's name are these mockery disscounts? 10% out of 30 is 3 euros.  Is this ment as a joke, mockery, a desperate money grab or has the financial dept lost contact with reality? We live in Europe, we dont live in Somalia...i doubt there's a country in Europe, either east or west where 3 euros is a sum, what the hell, i bet everywhere u go in europe u can't buy more then 1 or 2 bus tickets. 

What do u people here think? is this a joke or what? i'm not sure how to take this but knowing how WG behaves towards EU customers with frequent money grabs, overpriced and bundled uselless stuff (which we all know) this kinda falls right into their policy. In any case...i personally consider this a mockery. It doesn't even make sense from financial point of view...nobody is dying of hunger in Europe as to get any incentive from a 10% disscount for packs above 30 euros. It's just ridiculous!

P.S. not to mention i have a week to decide, after that they will take my fabulous disscount away!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,275 posts
12,160 battles

The problem of coupons is the hight of the discount and the combination of what you can spend it on, which is virtually nothing apart from premium time at regular prices. And nobody in the world needs coupons with a discount that is less than what is granted on, e.g. x-mas or other special occasions. And nobody needs a 10% discount on premium time or regular ships when there are (more or less regular) sales that provide a way better cash/product ratio.

As far as I am concerned they could as well get rid of that coupons.

• Cool 7

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,140 posts
10,930 battles
12 minutes ago, anunnak said:

Hello,

I recently got a so called "disscount" coupon (in-game gift probably for playing too much) for a one time fabulous 10% off for packages above 30 euros (excluding special offers and other disscounts). Now, the greed of this company is becoming legendary, no doubt about it, everyone here knows (especially europeans),  but what in God's name are these mockery disscounts? 10% out of 30 is 3 euros.  Is this ment as a joke, mockery, a desperate money grab or has the financial dept lost contact with reality? We live in Europe, we dont live in Somalia...i doubt there's a country in Europe, either east or west where 3 euros is a sum, what the hell, i bet everywhere u go in europe u can't buy more then 1 or 2 bus tickets. 

What do u people here think? is this a joke or what? i'm not sure how to take this but knowing how WG behaves towards EU customers with frequent money grabs, overpriced and bundled uselless stuff (which we all know) this kinda falls right into their policy. In any case...i personally consider this a mockery. It doesn't even make sense from financial point of view...nobody is dying of hunger in Europe as to get any incentive from a 10% disscount for packs above 30 euros. It's just ridiculous!

P.S. not to mention i have a week to decide, after that they will take my fabulous disscount away!

The joke isn't the amount you get on various coupons - the joke is what you are allowed to use them on, usually everything even remotely attractive is carefully excluded :Smile_teethhappy:

It's aimed at idiots that "don't want to miss on an opportunity" and go buying things they wouldn't normally even for half the price if it wasn't a discount.

• Cool 4

[SP4WN]
Players
50 posts
4,947 battles

@eliastion

Quote:

"The coupon gives a one-time 10% discount on selected packages above €30 purchased in World of Warships. The coupon is valid for 7 days from the date of receipt and is not applicable to containers, doubloons, special offers, discounted items, or limited-time offers."

So basicaly nothing of worth. Like you said, this is for baiting foolish ppl into buying something. But 10%? for crying out loud...this is just so pathetic and so low from WG.  An amazing 3 euros disscout for a limited time only for virtually nothing of real worth.

@principat121

Not gonna use of course! I spent already alot of euros on this game (not to mention WOT).

@N00Boo7

I think a year ago or more i got a coupon of 20% or 30% (can't remember exactly) and i considered it quite fine, but 10%...no freaking way, this is just a mockery. If i didn't knew as everyone here the practices of this company i would of thought it was just a slip, a mistake or something...but in this case, no.

A very good policy of alienated paying and loyal costumers. GOOD job WG...keep it going! ur on the right track!

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,173 battles
17 minutes ago, N00Boo7 said:

1st u get 10%, then u get 30%, in the end u get 70% :).  

Whatever the multiplier of sh*t is, the result is still sh*t.

i.e. 0,10xsh*t = 0,30xsh*t = 0,70xsh*t = sh*t

[SCRUB]
Players
2,814 posts
7,553 battles
29 minutes ago, anunnak said:

and is not applicable to containers, doubloons, special offers, discounted items, or limited-time offers.

This is the reason why i will never use them. Ever. EVER.

[SP4WN]
Players
50 posts
4,947 battles

If it was like 30% i would think of using them on some ships that i dont have yet. But in this case with 10%, this is just a poor joke on WG part.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,970 posts
23,321 battles

Either have a hefty discount on 30% on selected or 15 % on everything incl bundles , your choice....

Recieved a 20 % this week and 30% a few months ago -nothing to spend it on.

• Cool 1

[SP4WN]
Players
50 posts
4,947 battles

Thing is the disscount is a joke, its totally worthless if you apply it to a tier 7 ship for example, doesnt matter which country ur in Europe. It's capitalism, things are not for free...but this is just bad humor for anyone here. Having a 3 euros disscount is like buying one or two bus tickets in every city of Europe afaik.  Not to mention for ppl that played this game since it was out or ppl that spend alot of time and money on it. 

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
397 posts
7,624 battles
3 minutes ago, anunnak said:

Thing is the disscount is a joke, its totally worthless if you apply it to a tier 7 ship for example, doesnt matter which country ur in Europe. It's capitalism, things are not for free...but this is just bad humor for anyone here. Having a 3 euros disscount is like buying one or two bus tickets in every city of Europe afaik.  Not to mention for ppl that played this game since it was out or ppl that spend alot of time and money on it. 

But if you spend €65 you get €6 discount! Glorious capitalism.

[SP4WN]
Players
50 posts
4,947 battles
3 minutes ago, Benser said:

But if you spend €65 you get €6 discount! Glorious capitalism.

Now i think i got it...WG took me for a very rich person and thought i would spend hundreds of euros. Wait...this doesnt make sense either...if i was that rich i woudnt care about the 10% disscount anyway, right? :D

397 posts
7,624 battles

I received the same discount in a game after I got Kraken and the popup said something like "For playing such a great game here is a special discount for you", I was thrilled to read the details of the coupon...

image.thumb.png.454254220a54b52942b7bec8c22b92a3.png

Beta Tester
1,892 posts
6,226 battles

The 10% coupon is usless in my book, the one time i gotten the 30% one, the only reasonable thing to use it on was the yearly premium time pacage. :Smile_Default:

[SP4WN]
Players
50 posts
4,947 battles
16 minutes ago, Benser said:

I received the same discount in a game after I got Kraken and the popup said something like "For playing such a great game here is a special discount for you", I was thrilled to read the details of the coupon...

image.thumb.png.454254220a54b52942b7bec8c22b92a3.png

I dont remember how i got mine, probably most ppl have it after a great game. It is nice to reward ppl and i think that will keep the general public interested but the amount and the conditions make it worthless. Who ever thought of this either is very sneaky and tried in a crude manner to bait us in buying something or lives outside objective economic reality.

9 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

The 10% coupon is usless in my book, the one time i gotten the 30% one, the only reasonable thing to use it on was the yearly premium time pacage. :Smile_Default:

A 30% off sounds good. I got one a year or more ago and used on a premium ship. :Smile_coin:

[-TXG-]
Players
2,404 posts

Some people will fkn moan at anything!!!  Must be a 'look at me everybody' forum attention thing.  If you usually buy stuff the discount works for then use it, every little helps...if not don't use it. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

397 posts
7,624 battles
Just now, bushwacker001 said:

Some people will fkn moan at anything!!!  Must be a 'look at me everybody' forum attention thing.  If you usually buy stuff the discount works for then use it, every little helps...if not don't use it. 

Except when the only thing in the shop it applies to are 7 premium ships?

Players
2,621 posts
6,949 battles
9 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

This kinda is how I look at it.

I gotten a 20% coupon a couple days ago and wasn't planning on spending it till I saw the tier 5 Italian BB, which I had wanted for a longer time. The most important reason for me actually purchasing it is due to the final price (including that 20% coupon) it wasn't very expensive to begin with. There's only one other ship I really would want and a 50% coupon would only save me something like €6? Not worth waiting a year for imo.

But I do see the points of view of most of the people here complaining, I've gotten a 20% coupon earlier this year and decided to not spend it for basically the reasons stated above. And frankly, 10% for something from €30 upward, that's kinda forgettable.

11 minutes ago, Benser said:

There were more like 20 premium ships last time I looked? I even bought this Italian BB (the cheaper one, not the canned ship).

[SP4WN]
Players
50 posts
4,947 battles
6 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

U missed the entire point of this topic and the context. You seem the kind of player who accepts anything, well...thing is not everyone here likes to bend over. Some ppl actually care what they get when they pour money into a game by buying premium time and ships. This game works because of the player base (more so because of the one who pay), if the player base isnt respected then this game will fail and perhaps some of us invested alot of money and time into WOWS and WOT and dont want it to go down the drain. Or perhaps have more self esteem and want to be treated with more respect for their money that go into this game.

As for ur comment perhaps you have something usefull to contribuite and present a solution other then personal attacks of ppl on the forum.

4 minutes ago, Benser said:

Giving with one hand and taking with the other.

• Cool 1

397 posts
7,624 battles
6 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

There were more like 20 premium ships last time I looked? I even bought this Italian BB (the cheaper one, not the canned ship).

£30 or more only.

[SP4WN]
Players
50 posts
4,947 battles
10 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

This kinda is how I look at it.

I gotten a 20% coupon a couple days ago and wasn't planning on spending it till I saw the tier 5 Italian BB, which I had wanted for a longer time. The most important reason for me actually purchasing it is due to the final price (including that 20% coupon) it wasn't very expensive to begin with. There's only one other ship I really would want and a 50% coupon would only save me something like €6? Not worth waiting a year for imo.

But I do see the points of view of most of the people here complaining, I've gotten a 20% coupon earlier this year and decided to not spend it for basically the reasons stated above. And frankly, 10% for something from €30 upward, that's kinda forgettable.

U missed the point...this isnt about whining that we get a disscount. This is about the manner we got it which virtualy makes it worthless. This isnt a 20% disscount applied to every ship, this is a 10% disscount applied ONLY to 30 euros or above and ONLY for certain products. It's not only forgettable, it is just worthless. We get better disscounts on special occations all the time, like -50% on tier V, 30% on tier VII and so on...10% is just worse then any, it is worthless.

Players
2,621 posts
6,949 battles
56 minutes ago, anunnak said:

U missed the point...this isnt about whining that we get a disscount. This is about the manner we got it which virtualy makes it worthless. This isnt a 20% disscount applied to every ship, this is a 10% disscount applied ONLY to 30 euros or above and ONLY for certain products. It's not only forgettable, it is just worthless. We get better disscounts on special occations all the time, like -50% on tier V, 30% on tier VII and so on...10% is just worse then any, it is worthless.

Which is what I mentioned when I was talking about the 10% coupon for €30 being forgettable :cap_hmm:

I also was not talking about whining, dunno where you saw that. It is virtually completely worthless, but the same could be said about the 20% coupon I used earlier while the same ship was on sale half a year ago for 50% dsicount, correct?

1 hour ago, Benser said:

£30 or more only.

woops, you're right :Smile_hiding:

[BYOB]
Players
3,302 posts
11,567 battles
18 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Got the same coupon, bought nothing (of course).

WG is sure making a killing with those coupons! They are killing their sales!

Sign in to follow this