Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TGD_2016

How!

17 comments in this topic

Players
14 posts
457 battles

i played as independence in a random battle with a enemy carrier Ryujo carrier. When i first saw he's plane he had like 3 groups of fighter and after he had torpedo and bomber group. How the freak is this posible

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,113 posts
18,126 battles

well.... WELL.... might go to techtree in client, click on the ryujo and find out urself?! :Smile_amazed:... short: several flightdecks to choose from, u ran into an A(ir) S(uperiority) setup, 3 fighters, 1 torp bomber, 1 divebomber. alternative is 1 fighter, 2 torpbombers 2 dive (if i recall all right).

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,994 posts
7,167 battles

Well, Ryujo has 3 deck options in total; stock 1/1/2 and 2 upgrade options: 3/1/1 or 1/2/2. (fighters/torpedo bombers/dive bombers)

[POI--]
Players
3,863 posts
5,006 battles
4 minutes ago, TGD_2016 said:

i played as independence in a random battle with a enemy carrier Ryujo carrier. When i first saw he's plane he had like 3 groups of fighter and after he had torpedo and bomber group. How the freak is this posible

Ryuujo air superiority loadout. It is terrible, but it exists. The ship can choose between 1 fighter, 2 dive bomber, 2 torpedo bomber loadout and 3 fighter, one dive bomber, one torpedo bomber loadout. If you hate having proper influence on the game, you opt for the latter, because good luck getting anything done with the single dive bomber and torp bomber squad. Bonus points for sending your fighters around in one big blob, then getting them strafed out of the sky by the single enemy Ryuujo fighter squad.

• Funny 1

[TIPC]
Players
237 posts
10,112 battles

AS Ruyjo like others said...

NOT met a single decent one of those so far,only lost to 1(!!!) game to AS setup player so far and that was a double carrier game,where the teammate Hiryu(I was in Independence,and even that game would gone different if I strafe the crap out of the friendly fighters when he locked...but my bad) was a Click Muppet(same goes for all the guys who play AS in random battles) they always want to play the Click on thingie whit their fighters wich only works vs another Click on Muppet.

Bait fighter blob whit some bomber get behind its blob strafe it done.

Had a game yesterday against one wich got so desperate vs my Independence so it actualy tryed to strafe,and got killed 2 of his squadrons in the process:Smile_facepalm:.(put him out of its misery after that stun)

Players
766 posts
12,201 battles

Yes, an AS (air superiority CAW/flight mod) Ryujo. USN CVs had their available CAWs limited to 1 a few patches ago, while the IJN ones were untouched until recently (and the only modified one has been Hakuryu so far).

AS relies on winning the air battle and the team being better than the reds, because the punch it can deliver is quite pitiable (they still have quite the scouting potential, though). OTOH, people that choose to follow that way aren't usually that skilled and tend to group the fighter squadrons for a click fight, hence even discarding the scouting. If you practice and master strafing you can outplay them with ease, so I'd recommend doing so.

Salute.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,188 posts
6,766 battles
56 minutes ago, TGD_2016 said:

3 groups of fighter and after he had torpedo and bomber group.

AS settup of a IJN CV. Don't worry, well over 99% of the time when you see a CV using AS setup he's so bad there's no hope for him. Bait him with your fighters, do 1 drop with your DBs / TBs and you've already done more that that guy in his last 5 games combined

[ADRIA]
Players
4,188 posts
6,766 battles
On 10/06/2018 at 4:06 PM, Fat_Maniac said:

*edit

310 battles mate, he's a new one. Of course he hasn't experienced this kind of stuff just yet.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
368 posts
7,254 battles
3 hours ago, TGD_2016 said:

now i understand xd

It's worth pointing out as well that although IJN CVs have more squadrons at a time than USN CVs the individual squadrons are smaller than US ones (4 aircraft per squad IJN, 5 aircraft per squad USN, I believe).

Though this also has exceptions (Saipan).

[ADRIA]
Players
4,188 posts
6,766 battles
45 minutes ago, Benser said:

(4 aircraft per squad IJN, 5 aircraft per squad USN, I believe).

4...5 planes per squad on IJN (depending on captain skills) and 6...7 planes per squad on US (depending on captain skills). Premium CVs may differ

[PMI]
Players
2,327 posts
5,476 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

310 battles mate, he's a new one. Of course he hasn't experienced this kind of stuff just yet.

Nor he has a real will to learn...

2 clicks would have told him what some just did.

[TS1]
Players
521 posts
7,592 battles
25 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Some people prefer to ask others over looking stuff up. He asked here, which is indicative of wanting to learn. Then he replied saying he understands. I don't see what the problem is.

• Cool 4

[ADRIA]
Players
4,188 posts
6,766 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

US CVs have just 1 flight setup. He has no reason to think IJN CVs have it any different.

Lets say he always sees 1-2-2 Ryujos. Maybe even mistakes 1-1-2 for that same, not hard to do it. Suddenly there's a 3-1-1.

Remember that he has just 1 flight setup, has never had a reason to doubt that IJN CVs have 1 flight setup aswell, and has not seen a different flight setup on any Ryujos. That 3-1-1 doesn't fit in there.

And so he asks us = tries to understand, a.k.a. learn.

Simple, isn't it?

• Cool 1