Jump to content
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Riggerby

Is there actually any point in having 2 different 'Damage controls'?...

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
121 posts

So, Since, Early game, this has been one of my biggest... ''just why?...'' gripes about this game. And that is, The normal (Free) and the premium (expensive) damage control's.

UIPremiumConsumable.jpg.88ae41fc140a672d12c3d7ba830b9310.jpg

 

Just.... just why?... i don't understand it?.. i don't understand what need there is for 2?.. You're giving players 2 options.

 

1) Be at a massive massive massive massive disadvantage which WILL cause you many many many un-needed deaths and also stupidly more HP lossed on average during battles. But its free to enjoy these 'luxuries'?

or

2) Pay a fee for a massive advantage?..

 

I genuinely, Cannot comprehend, why this is a feature?.. i genuinely don't know a single person who ever has or ever will intentionally use the non 'premium' version of this consumable ?..  Its like.. i just... i cant even put into words how permanently dumbfounded i am over this... The 2 different types adds absolutely nothing to this game?... Why not just have a single damage control party and make it free?... 

 

The ONLY. and i mean ONLY people who are ever going to use the damage control party 1, Is either A) People who have forgot to change it do Damage control 2. or B) Players who have literally just started the game and have no credits.

 

This mechanic servers no purpose what so ever then to punish new players, and simply to annoy more established players when they forget to change it... Probably one of the most janked stupid mechanics in the entire game... If it wasn't for the fact you could buy Damage control 2 with credits this would be blatant pay to win. 

 

(I suppose in essence, the same fundamental principle of this issue exists with the premium versions for all consumables, But.. to me, if someone wants to pay alot of credits to.. idk.. make his catapult fighter stay flying longer.. aye.. whatever... Theyre small advantages at best, And reduced usage times. With the other consumables i view it like 'sure you can buy it, and do slightly better if you play your cards right', But this is just 'if you dont use this, you're literally making your ship so so so so much weaker'.

-Rant over.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,297 posts
6,169 battles

Yeah...such a P2W massive, huge, colossal advantage that makes you invincible. WG stop selling us this pay to win stuff

19 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

i genuinely don't know a single person who ever has or ever will intentionally use the non 'premium' version of this consumable ?

Except almost every single (possibly new) player below tier 7 (and sometimes even at higher tiers) and everybody who thinks they aren't worth the credits.

Many players also can't afford them at higher tiers

Stop using such strong words if it's not really such a massive, huge, colossal advantage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
19 posts
1,569 battles

The reason why this is in, is part and parcel of most F2P games, meaning they have ways of giving you options to either save in game credits and not advance as fast because you die more often or to not save in game credits and not die as often, but possibly earn credits at a slightly better rate due to this.

 

In the end, they want you to spend money on the game at one point or another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
14,637 posts
10,869 battles

I played with the free version for a long time. It works ok.

 

And to the Why: You should slowly get a clue how the economy works in this game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
2,879 posts
12,069 battles
Just now, Schnittertm said:

The reason why this is in, is part and parcel of most F2P games, meaning they have ways of giving you options to either save in game credits and not advance as fast because you die more often or to not save in game credits and not die as often, but possibly earn credits at a slightly better rate due to this.

 

In the end, they want you to spend money on the game at one point or another.

This basically. There's nothing wrong with it. Rather this than Premium ammo like in some games.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,188 posts
6,769 battles
19 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

The ONLY. and i mean ONLY people who are ever going to use the damage control party 1, Is either A) People who have forgot to change it do Damage control 2. or B) Players who have literally just started the game and have no credits.

Or 3) the typical average potato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GKXS]
Beta Tester
121 posts
2 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

This basically. There's nothing wrong with it. Rather this than Premium ammo like in some games.

 
Its so different though, Its like, Premium ammo, just negates skill (In world of tanks), you dont have to learn weakspots, you just look and click. But this, is genuine death or not.

 

The amount of times i've been saved by the premium consumable, the tens of thousands of prevented damaged lost most games because of the premium consumable, Its just insane.

 

Anyone who does not use this is at such a massive disadvantage, and is so so so so much easier to kill then someone who does use it. Its crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GKXS]
Beta Tester
121 posts
7 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Yeah...such a P2W massive, huge, colossal advantage that makes you invincible. WG stop selling us this pay to win stuff

Except almost every single (possibly new) player below tier 7 (and sometimes even at higher tiers) and everybody who thinks they aren't worth the credits.

 

Stop using such strong words if it's not really such a massive, huge, colossal advantage.

 

 

It is a huge, colossal advantage though. How much is fire damage, 500 per second?.. You have 3 fires on a BB and you're burning out 1,500 damage a second. And you have to wait an extra 30 seconds because you dont have Party II. That's 45,000 damage!......

 

How can you say taking 45,000 damage over another player who dosen't, isnt a huge disadvantage?.... And more then likely the player will die before he even takes that full hit of damage, Wheras the player with party II would survive with a ton more health...

 

Don't even get me started on flooding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
2,879 posts
12,069 battles
3 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

 
Its so different though, Its like, Premium ammo, just negates skill (In world of tanks), you dont have to learn weakspots, you just look and click. But this, is genuine death or not.

 

The amount of times i've been saved by the premium consumable, the tens of thousands of prevented damaged lost most games because of the premium consumable, Its just insane.

 

Anyone who does not use this is at such a massive disadvantage, and is so so so so much easier to kill then someone who does use it. Its crazy.

So..? You got tons of things to increase your chance of winning. How often don't you see high tier ships without any camo? Even dds.. If people want to save a few credits, let them. These things are still there to make WG some money in the end. It's a F2P game, not charity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GKXS]
Beta Tester
121 posts
Just now, loppantorkel said:

So..? You got tons of things to increase your chance of winning. How often don't you see high tier ships without any camo? Even dds.. If people want to save a few credits, let them. These things are still there to make WG some money in the end. It's a F2P game, not charity.

There's a bit of a different between like... +3+ enemy dispersion and a couple % smaller spotting range, Compared to taking tens of thousands more damage and dying much easier though?.

 

When i have battles where i don't take the II by accident.. everytime i have a fire and i've already used it.. i cannot help but sit there and think.. ''Right now im taking 20,000 damage i didn't have to...''

 

I dont see how the more damage recieved and easier deaths can ever possibly outweigh the 22,500 cost of the II module. Surely the repair cost of a sunken / more damaged ship is costlier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder
3,862 posts
6,933 battles
Just now, Riggerby said:

How much is fire damage, 500 per second?

Game mechanics is nothing you are in, or aren't you? A single fire damages for 0.3% of your max HP. But how I am to judge your "quality" open post or your understanding of the game mechanics! I just want to point to my signature...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
2,879 posts
12,069 battles
9 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

There's a bit of a different between like... +3+ enemy dispersion and a couple % smaller spotting range, Compared to taking tens of thousands more damage and dying much easier though?.

 

When i have battles where i don't take the II by accident.. everytime i have a fire and i've already used it.. i cannot help but sit there and think.. ''Right now im taking 20,000 damage i didn't have to...''

 

I dont see how the more damage recieved and easier deaths can ever possibly outweigh the 22,500 cost of the II module. Surely the repair cost of a sunken / more damaged ship is costlier?

I'm not sure what I'd rather take in a dd - 3% lower detection or premium DC. You're only considering bbs, I take it...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GKXS]
Beta Tester
121 posts
18 minutes ago, principat121 said:

I just want to point to my signature...

 

-_-...

 

sorry mr godlike super unicum. i shall bow down to you and your pretentious highground built upon your statistical superiority..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DIKI]
Players
983 posts
295 battles
42 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

So, Since, Early game, this has been one of my biggest... ''just why?...'' gripes about this game. And that is, The normal (Free) and the premium (expensive) damage control's.

UIPremiumConsumable.jpg.88ae41fc140a672d12c3d7ba830b9310.jpg

 

Just.... just why?... i don't understand it?.. i don't understand what need there is for 2?.. You're giving players 2 options.

 

1) Be at a massive massive massive massive disadvantage which WILL cause you many many many un-needed deaths and also stupidly more HP lossed on average during battles. But its free to enjoy these 'luxuries'?

or

2) Pay a fee for a massive advantage?..

 

I genuinely, Cannot comprehend, why this is a feature?.. i genuinely don't know a single person who ever has or ever will intentionally use the non 'premium' version of this consumable ?..  Its like.. i just... i cant even put into words how permanently dumbfounded i am over this... The 2 different types adds absolutely nothing to this game?... Why not just have a single damage control party and make it free?... 

 

The ONLY. and i mean ONLY people who are ever going to use the damage control party 1, Is either A) People who have forgot to change it do Damage control 2. or B) Players who have literally just started the game and have no credits.

 

This mechanic servers no purpose what so ever then to punish new players, and simply to annoy more established players when they forget to change it... Probably one of the most janked stupid mechanics in the entire game... If it wasn't for the fact you could buy Damage control 2 with credits this would be blatant pay to win. 

 

(I suppose in essence, the same fundamental principle of this issue exists with the premium versions for all consumables, But.. to me, if someone wants to pay alot of credits to.. idk.. make his catapult fighter stay flying longer.. aye.. whatever... Theyre small advantages at best, And reduced usage times. With the other consumables i view it like 'sure you can buy it, and do slightly better if you play your cards right', But this is just 'if you dont use this, you're literally making your ship so so so so much weaker'.

-Rant over.

i use non premium on my CV.s..why i would need premium?

 so your ONLY ONLY...is pure fail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GKXS]
Beta Tester
121 posts
3 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I'm not sure what I'd rather take in a dd - 3% lower detection or premium DC. You're only considering bbs, I take it...?

 

For the argument, Mainly considering them in the sense of how much damage they can take, But, Other ships will be effected too.

 

Obviously Carriers take greatly more fire damage and such % wise, (Though their HP pool is lower so it is kinda similar),  Cruisers obviously, Most lacking the heal, what they take will stick, so... if anything i think it would be even more of an issue for most cruisers, And DD's.. I think its less of an issue with them, but, if someone didn't have the right captain skills, It could be an issue with actual modules being damaged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,863 posts
5,006 battles
37 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

I genuinely, Cannot comprehend, why this is a feature?.. i genuinely don't know a single person who ever has or ever will intentionally use the non 'premium' version of this consumable ?..  Its like.. i just... i cant even put into words how permanently dumbfounded i am over this... The 2 different types adds absolutely nothing to this game?... Why not just have a single damage control party and make it free?... 

 

The ONLY. and i mean ONLY people who are ever going to use the damage control party 1, Is either A) People who have forgot to change it do Damage control 2. or B) Players who have literally just started the game and have no credits.

I use it Damecon 1 regularly. Easiest 22.5k credits saved on an IJN DD. Only run premium smoke, because that's something actually of great use, but typically it's just easier to never be seen and shot at and when seen and shot at repair after you get out and not too risky crap until it is off cooldown again, meanwhile just torping from a safe distance.

2 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

 

So 333ish damage per second on a Tier X BB... For a full duration of the fire thats 18% of the HP pool... (lets say a Tier XBB has avg 100k HP). Thats 18,000 damage for 1 fire... 36,000 for 2 fires... 54,000 for 3 fires....  72,000 for 4 fires... Ofcourse though fires are like 60 seconds and difference between repair I and II is only 30 seconds, so if we divide that by 2. Worse case scenario in regards to fire, Not having Damage II could cost you 36,000 damage....

 

And honeslty, as if your signature wasn't cringey enough, the fact you point others towards it, in some pretentious highground manner is just genuinely embarrassing. Go outside and get a life.

For a BB, the difference is typically 40 seconds (80 seconds vs 120 seconds).

2 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

 

For the argument, Mainly considering them in the sense of how much damage they can take, But, Other ships will be effected too.

 

Obviously Carriers take greatly more fire damage and such % wise, (Though their HP pool is lower so it is kinda similar),  Cruisers obviously, Most lacking the heal, what they take will stick, so... if anything i think it would be even more of an issue for most cruisers, And DD's.. I think its less of an issue with them, but, if someone didn't have the right captain skills, It could be an issue with actual modules being damaged.

Percentage wise, all ships lose equal amounts per second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
Players
2,949 posts
14,953 battles
35 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

 
Its so different though, Its like, Premium ammo, just negates skill (In world of tanks), you dont have to learn weakspots, you just look and click. But this, is genuine death or not.

 

The amount of times i've been saved by the premium consumable, the tens of thousands of prevented damaged lost most games because of the premium consumable, Its just insane.

 

Anyone who does not use this is at such a massive disadvantage, and is so so so so much easier to kill then someone who does use it. Its crazy.

its accessible to everyone and costs only 22k credits.  if it wasnt accessible to everyone or if it cost like real money or something, you would be right. but right now there is nothing wrong with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,309 battles

I don't bother with it on torpboats since I don't expect extended enough combat to get modules knocked out twice, and have Last Stand anyway. I do run DCP2 on everything else though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
368 posts
7,254 battles

I agree that if an enhanced version of DC even needs to exist it should be available to everyone for free and not at a cost, but it's there for WG to profit from.

 

You can either buy dubloon to pay for it or pay credits, which thus means you need to play more battles or spend more time with premium or buy credits for dubloon later on, which all equate to more profit for WG.

 

But I only ever use DC2 on tier 8/9 premiums for credits as they will earn it back more easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
939 posts
13,405 battles

U can choose free dcp or a better dcp that eats a bit at your income shouldnt you by extension be more salty about “repair party” that not only gives u faster cooldown but another charge as Well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester
541 posts
4,964 battles

I don't understand why they have a premium spotting plane consumable where its impossible to use all of the charges (especially since there is no on/off toggle included).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,681 posts
7,226 battles
1 hour ago, Riggerby said:

 

 

When i have battles where i don't take the II by accident.. everytime i have a fire and i've already used it.. i cannot help but sit there and think.. ''Right now im taking 20,000 damage i didn't have to...''

 

 

You've explained it yourself right there...  It sets a bar you obviously couldn't get over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
939 posts
13,405 battles
9 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

I don't understand why they have a premium spotting plane consumable where its impossible to use all of the charges (especially since there is no on/off toggle included).

Becouse your Plane might get shot Down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×